Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified 13:30 - May 22 with 5776 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60265/nathan-jones-to-sw

Now it makes sense, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:25 - May 22 with 4001 viewsangryjack

Please no
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:31 - May 22 with 3986 viewsnantywatcher

Please YES
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:31 - May 22 with 3968 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:25 - May 22 by angryjack

Please no

Hard to envisage but in fairness he always outthought Russy,so logic suggests he s a better coach .
Face he s a valley warrior with a penchant for Cardiff shouldn’t be an issue ,but it is.

Tosh is a scion of Cardiff and he s popular in Swansea

Frankly,old Lucifer himself could manage us but so long as we had success it wouldn’t bother me.

Some want a “nice” man as coach

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:35 - May 22 with 3974 viewsHellesdonJack

Although it's a no from me, do those who are older than myself have any memories of similar reservations etc when Toshack took over in '78?

From what I've read in various publications, it all seemed all exciting and positive at the time with the prospect of a high-profile player / manager coming in, but I'd be interested to hear if it really WAS that well-received at the time from all corners.
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:37 - May 22 with 3948 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:35 - May 22 by HellesdonJack

Although it's a no from me, do those who are older than myself have any memories of similar reservations etc when Toshack took over in '78?

From what I've read in various publications, it all seemed all exciting and positive at the time with the prospect of a high-profile player / manager coming in, but I'd be interested to hear if it really WAS that well-received at the time from all corners.

It wasn’t even a consideration. He was a Welsh international who took over our club and led it to the Promised Land.
More saw him as a great manager than a “ nice” man,not that it doesn’t mean he wasn’t cos he is.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:46 - May 22 with 3926 viewsHellesdonJack

Cheers for the insight - I was only 6 at the time and my exposure to football back then was going to Portman Road with my uncle occasionally. Admittedly not too bad though, with the line-up they had at the time!
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 16:20 - May 22 with 3649 viewsKilkennyjack

Its a no from me.

Nathan Jones is - as Noel Gallagher once said about his brother - a man with a fork in world full of soup.

I would rather have Cookie or big John.

Beware of the Risen People

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 19:20 - May 22 with 3385 viewsdobjack2

If the guy that the owners wants as transfer guru believes that Nathan Jones is the answer then there is more than one problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 19:31 - May 22 with 3343 viewsWhiterockin

He came as player manager and we were in division 4. His class was there for all to see on and off the pitch, the momentum just gathered with no Cardiff references, to us he was ex Liverpool, Cardiff didn't really come into it. With Jones he has always made the Cardiff/Swansea thing an issue, note his celebrations when he was successful against us. That said I believe he would get limited support and would need results quickly or he would find it very difficult.
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:10 - May 22 with 3213 viewsmax936

Toshack was already a football legend when he walked into the Vetch, the fact he hailed from Cardiff made no difference to 99% of Swans fan, what's Nathan Jones done, failed at Stoke, failed at Southampton, he did have some success at Luton after turning his players into thugs who thrived on intimidation, he's made it clear several times that he's got little time for us and I think its fair to say that, that is reciprocated.

Its a Massive No for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:20 - May 22 with 3163 viewsFireboy2

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:10 - May 22 by max936

Toshack was already a football legend when he walked into the Vetch, the fact he hailed from Cardiff made no difference to 99% of Swans fan, what's Nathan Jones done, failed at Stoke, failed at Southampton, he did have some success at Luton after turning his players into thugs who thrived on intimidation, he's made it clear several times that he's got little time for us and I think its fair to say that, that is reciprocated.

Its a Massive No for me.

👏
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:22 - May 22 with 3156 viewslibertyx

I don't recall any animosity towards John, even though he was Cardiff born most people classed John as a Liverpool player. The times were different then there wasnt the nastiness/hatred between the fans like there is now. I often sat/stood next to a Cardiff fan home and away in my younger days(Iam a rather senior fan)lol. Cooper was from Cardiff and fans were fine with him but Nathan has a different personality and being honest think he dislikes Swansea.
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:24 - May 22 with 3155 viewsFireboy2

Its a Massive No for me.

👏
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:36 - May 22 with 3117 viewsChippy69

The times were different then there wasnt the nastiness/hatred between the fans like there is now.

Really

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:51 - May 22 with 3075 viewsBryanSwan

Its a Massive No for me.

Add to that the fact that his replacement at Luton has come in and done a better job than him.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:00 - May 22 with 3037 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 20:36 - May 22 by Chippy69

The times were different then there wasnt the nastiness/hatred between the fans like there is now.

Really

That changed quickly mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:14 - May 22 with 2978 viewsowainglyndwr

Please not that scumbag
Osian Roberts
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:16 - May 22 with 2970 viewsChippy69

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:00 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

That changed quickly mind.

Football violence was a big problem, and knowing tosh was a cardiff boy made it all the More sweeter
Nice one Tosh

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:16 - May 22 with 2970 viewsbennytheblue

This is going to be good, a bluebird who plays long ball and let’s say isn’t that fond of your fan base…lol….there’s me thinking we were the only ones that did the ridiculous??
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:20 - May 22 with 2950 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:16 - May 22 by bennytheblue

This is going to be good, a bluebird who plays long ball and let’s say isn’t that fond of your fan base…lol….there’s me thinking we were the only ones that did the ridiculous??

Just for the record, how many managers have you had poached and received compensation.
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:31 - May 22 with 2878 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:16 - May 22 by bennytheblue

Can’t see it.

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:34 - May 22 with 2863 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Its a Massive No for me.

Tosh was also a 29 year old up and comer who would go on to manage the biggest club in the world.

Nathan Jones is fifty and has done f all.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:51 - May 22 with 2806 viewsbennytheblue

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:20 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Just for the record, how many managers have you had poached and received compensation.

Absolutely zero, you lot have had some top managers who you even sell or get decent compo for, it’s like the polar opposite of what we do especially with useless in control. He’s all for taking Morison back alledg probably only as we are still paying him anyway. In all honesty it matters not one iota who we get in….it’s doomed.
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:52 - May 22 with 2805 viewsbennytheblue

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 21:31 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

Can’t see it.

Nor me, it’s just not the way for you lot…..
Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 22:09 - May 22 with 2732 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Jones to Swansea City clarified on 14:25 - May 22 by angryjack

Please no

It is clarified 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024