Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield 13:49 - May 22 with 5082 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 22/23 — Midfield 22nd May 2023 13:21
Part three of our annual end of season assessment of the individual QPR players focuses on nine midfield players who between them contributed nine goals and just five assists from 224 collective appearances. 16

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:28 - May 22 with 3911 viewsbongo_king

Top stuff and all the ratings seem bang on. The Dozzell write up had me in fits! And some very pertinent points on Johansen, who has somewhat gone under the radar during this clusterf....

Not sure "happy" is the term, but I am glad that there is an F in the armoury. Kind of sad there is only the one on attack left to come.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:30 - May 22 with 3905 viewsAntti_Heinola

Difficult to argue with any of that, so won't bother.

Spot on, imo.

Terrifying for next season though. We need about 4 midfielders, none of which we can afford.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:39 - May 22 with 3838 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is Lowe really one of the worst loan signings we've ever made or am I forgetting someone (which, given our squad's fragility last season, may be the case)?
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:40 - May 22 with 3857 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Andre the friendly ghost 😂. Brilliant.

Except Field not a single one you'd want there next season.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:42 - May 22 with 3851 viewsTheChef

Great stuff Clive. Reliving all that again...

That Watford away win feels like it was twenty years ago.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:43 - May 22 with 3851 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:39 - May 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

Is Lowe really one of the worst loan signings we've ever made or am I forgetting someone (which, given our squad's fragility last season, may be the case)?

Richards and Roberts.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:43 - May 22 with 3848 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:42 - May 22 by TheChef

Great stuff Clive. Reliving all that again...

That Watford away win feels like it was twenty years ago.

It is genuinely heartbreaking to watch any of that match, but the goals in particular. We look amazing.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:49 - May 22 with 3831 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:30 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Difficult to argue with any of that, so won't bother.

Spot on, imo.

Terrifying for next season though. We need about 4 midfielders, none of which we can afford.

Just writing the bloody thing is proving genuinely anxiety inducing.
Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 15:08 - May 22 with 3750 viewsDorse

Ready Steady Cook! now with added Iroegbunam.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 15:10 - May 22 with 3743 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 14:49 - May 22 by Northernr

Just writing the bloody thing is proving genuinely anxiety inducing.

I'm fairly resigned to the fact that next season will be a horrific struggle. I thlought the same last summer based on the second half of the season, but Beale made me briefly believe. This year, there's no such hope. Could be a Gerry Francis 'Wardley' season where we battle it out and somehow come 12th based on some once-in-a-career seasons for a couple of players, but suspect we'll be fighting relegation, in a fairly ugly way, all season long.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 17:10 - May 22 with 3391 viewsstevec

Excellent report, can’t argue with any of that. A special mention to your photographer, catching Taylor Richards giving it the full Paul Whitehouse. If anyone ever deserved an F mark, it’s this fella.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 17:30 - May 22 with 3325 viewstoboboly

I find it interesting that no-one mentions Richards is supposed to be a boyhood QPR fan. Imagine Rowlands/Gallen/Cook/Bircham acting like he has.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 18:54 - May 22 with 3130 viewsPaddyhoops

I would be astonished if nobody comes in for Field . He was a superb.
As far Dozell , I genuinely think we would be better with 10 men on the pitch.
I’ve no idea what he’s supposed to offer.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 18:55 - May 22 with 3125 viewsderbyhoop

Many of the defensive issues can be attributed to the failures in midfield.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 22:16 - May 22 with 2802 viewsDorse

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 18:55 - May 22 by derbyhoop

Many of the defensive issues can be attributed to the failures in midfield.

Absolutely. But imagine how much worse it might have been if not for Field. His contribution was huge. I never really knew what to make of Iroegbunam but you get the feeling he might be a top player in years to come.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 06:45 - May 23 with 2565 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 18:54 - May 22 by Paddyhoops

I would be astonished if nobody comes in for Field . He was a superb.
As far Dozell , I genuinely think we would be better with 10 men on the pitch.
I’ve no idea what he’s supposed to offer.

The sad thing is, I think there is a decent player in Dozzell somewhere. I was sure when he was signed he was billed as the long term replacement for Johansen. A ball playing, creative cog, the rest of the midfield would work around.
A player like that just disappears once the midfield is overrun, which was constantly over the past 18 months. Probably a player that looks great in a winning team.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 08:21 - May 23 with 2465 viewsWegerles_Stairs

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 06:45 - May 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The sad thing is, I think there is a decent player in Dozzell somewhere. I was sure when he was signed he was billed as the long term replacement for Johansen. A ball playing, creative cog, the rest of the midfield would work around.
A player like that just disappears once the midfield is overrun, which was constantly over the past 18 months. Probably a player that looks great in a winning team.

It's interesting to see what Ipswich supporters thought of him before we signed him. Pretty underwhelmed although the odd one thought he'd look good at a higher level - even Premier League!

Clearly still living off his pedigree as the son of a footballer who played for England youth teams as he was developing. Apart from the pass at Cardiff, he has contributed next to nothing. Reminds me of someone running a three-legged race as he stands so close to the centre back playing his three-yard passes back and forth.

Midfield is our biggest (of several) problems. You don't win many matches with him or Johansen on his mobility scooter as your midfield generals.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 09:23 - May 23 with 2400 viewsdaveB

I did the Hoops & Dreams podcast the other week doing player ratings and no shock that Roberts & Richards came bottom of the pile for us as well.

One caveat though for Roberts, and it's a small one, but those 2 goals against reading ended up being quite big for us, that 2 point swing towards Reading would have made the last day a bit scary. he was crap though.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:18 - May 23 with 2326 viewsrobith

These end of season reports are like that meme of Mel Gibson talking to bloodied up Jesus, expect we're both Jesus

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:20 - May 23 with 2321 viewsTheChef

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 09:23 - May 23 by daveB

I did the Hoops & Dreams podcast the other week doing player ratings and no shock that Roberts & Richards came bottom of the pile for us as well.

One caveat though for Roberts, and it's a small one, but those 2 goals against reading ended up being quite big for us, that 2 point swing towards Reading would have made the last day a bit scary. he was crap though.

All hail Tyler Roberts, our lord and saviour.

When's he coming back?

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:27 - May 23 with 2311 viewsQPR_TV

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:20 - May 23 by TheChef

All hail Tyler Roberts, our lord and saviour.

When's he coming back?

shut up don't be negative pal.
Roberts perhaps did save us with those 2 goals in the 6 pointer vs reading.

Dave

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:30 - May 23 with 2300 viewsTheChef

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:27 - May 23 by QPR_TV

You could point to lots of things over 46 games that saved us.

Yes thank you Tyler for scoring two goals in that game but that was about all he contributed.

You're not going to get far on this forum if you tell other posters to shut up, just because you disagree with them.

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:31 - May 23 with 2295 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:27 - May 23 by QPR_TV

Two goals against Reading weighted against wage, loan fee, loan spot committed to a player who was never available, didn't want to be here, walked around with a face like a slapped arse, and was total fcking crap in all but three of the games he played for us.
End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:31 - May 23 with 2295 viewsQPR_TV

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:30 - May 23 by TheChef

You could point to lots of things over 46 games that saved us.

Yes thank you Tyler for scoring two goals in that game but that was about all he contributed.

You're not going to get far on this forum if you tell other posters to shut up, just because you disagree with them.

sarcasm is not necessary.
you can debate without being childish.

Dave

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:36 - May 23 with 2267 viewsTheChef

End of Term Report 22/23 - Midfield on 10:31 - May 23 by QPR_TV

sarcasm is not necessary.
you can debate without being childish.

You can debate without telling people to shut up.

Roberts arguably one of our worst value loans ever. We need to be a lot smarter with any loans next season, and ideally have fewer of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024