Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vinicius Junior 19:36 - May 24 with 3091 viewsmax936

Has been treated shockingly by La Liga and to compound that the Spanish Football Federation have embarrassed themselves with that ridiculous fine, absolute joke.
Absolutely Disgusting

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Vinicius Junior on 19:41 - May 24 with 2513 viewsWhiterockin

Players should think long and hard before moving to a club in that league unless they stamp it out.
Vinicius Junior on 19:44 - May 24 with 2508 viewsKeithHaynes

Vinicius Junior on 19:41 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Players should think long and hard before moving to a club in that league unless they stamp it out.

This.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vinicius Junior on 20:38 - May 24 with 2465 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sheep slurs against Welsh patriots like me is seen as 'normal' in Wales and I am told "to get get a backbone" and called "snowflake".

Welsh / English fans who say this are at the same time appalled at the treatment of Vinicius (as am I). I am also appalled about the way I was treated on a number of occasions. It is considered normal in UK for Welsh people to laugh and "own it". I do not want to "own it" thanks.

From the Independent.

" Vinicius Jr was in tears, the pain written clearly across his face, unable to prevent what was unfolding again. Courageously, Vinicius Jr called out LaLiga, where he said racism had become “normal”.

Its normal in the UK too. The target is just different. People have been jailed for sheep slurs usually targeted at Police or security people.

"But Welsh people are not offended" . Wrong I am offended. I do not like it. (no tears and quivering lower lip). Do people like me not count?

"We know what we are". Not that bad actually but lets start with "blatant hypocrite" shall we?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Vinicius Junior on 20:54 - May 24 with 2453 viewsJack11

Vinicius Junior on 20:38 - May 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Sheep slurs against Welsh patriots like me is seen as 'normal' in Wales and I am told "to get get a backbone" and called "snowflake".

Welsh / English fans who say this are at the same time appalled at the treatment of Vinicius (as am I). I am also appalled about the way I was treated on a number of occasions. It is considered normal in UK for Welsh people to laugh and "own it". I do not want to "own it" thanks.

From the Independent.

" Vinicius Jr was in tears, the pain written clearly across his face, unable to prevent what was unfolding again. Courageously, Vinicius Jr called out LaLiga, where he said racism had become “normal”.

Its normal in the UK too. The target is just different. People have been jailed for sheep slurs usually targeted at Police or security people.

"But Welsh people are not offended" . Wrong I am offended. I do not like it. (no tears and quivering lower lip). Do people like me not count?

"We know what we are". Not that bad actually but lets start with "blatant hypocrite" shall we?

No offence but that’s one of the strangest things I’ve tried to read in a very long time.
Vinicius Junior on 20:57 - May 24 with 2434 viewsGwyn737

Vinicius Junior on 20:54 - May 24 by Jack11

No offence but that’s one of the strangest things I’ve tried to read in a very long time.

Give it a minute, there’ll be another one.
Vinicius Junior on 20:59 - May 24 with 2425 viewsonehunglow

Vinicius Junior on 20:38 - May 24 by ReslovenSwan1

From the Independent.

It’s a hard read ,is that .

If people can’t see the difference then, they are afflicted

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vinicius Junior on 21:01 - May 24 with 2412 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Vinicius Junior on 19:41 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Remember a few years ago when Russian clubs were paying stupid money black players were abused terribly.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Vinicius Junior on 21:08 - May 24 with 2390 viewsonehunglow

Vinicius Junior on 21:01 - May 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Remember a few years ago when Russian clubs were paying stupid money black players were abused terribly.

I do.
They were poison .No surprise really

Login to get fewer ads

Vinicius Junior on 21:30 - May 24 with 2365 viewsFireboy2

Vinicius Junior on 20:57 - May 24 by Gwyn737

Give it a minute, there’ll be another one.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Vinicius Junior on 22:30 - May 24 with 2315 viewsmax936

Vinicius Junior on 20:59 - May 24 by onehunglow

It’s a hard read ,is that .

If people can’t see the difference then, they are afflicted

No idea what's been written as its on ignore, but I can guess.

Vinicius Junior on 12:13 - May 25 with 2194 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vinicius Junior on 20:54 - May 24 by Jack11

This will seem strange as it it calling out ethnic slurs that have been ingrained in Welsh culture for decades. The concept of you and me being 'outed' as engaging willingly and enthusiastically in ethnic slurs must come a a shock.

Being subjected to sheep slurs is quite normal for football fans because it has been going on for years. Slur against black people have been going on for years as well . Take a look old sixties comedies. It is eye popping stuff. "love they neighbour" and "Alf Garnet".

Time has moved on but not in Bulgaria Hungary or Spain. There, ethically based pseudo obscene banter is "normal". This is what Vinicius is complaining about. Spanish people do not understand him getting upset. They also call it a "strange thing".

Probably in excess of 25% of Welsh people dislike Sheep banter with a passion or ignore it. We count. If you aggressively call a Welsh policemen a sheep abuser you could get arrested on charges of "ethnically aggravated disorderly conduct" and face a prison sentence. I have faced such slurs close up and personal more than once it was intimidation. The SWP need to stamp it out.

Sheep slurs / Monkeys slurs are in the same ethnic slur church.

Vinicius Junior on 13:45 - May 25 with 2159 viewsGwyn737

Vinicius Junior on 12:13 - May 25 by ReslovenSwan1

This will seem strange as it it calling out ethnic slurs that have been ingrained in Welsh culture for decades. The concept of you and me being 'outed' as engaging willingly and enthusiastically in ethnic slurs must come a a shock.

Being subjected to sheep slurs is quite normal for football fans because it has been going on for years. Slur against black people have been going on for years as well . Take a look old sixties comedies. It is eye popping stuff. "love they neighbour" and "Alf Garnet".

Time has moved on but not in Bulgaria Hungary or Spain. There, ethically based pseudo obscene banter is "normal". This is what Vinicius is complaining about. Spanish people do not understand him getting upset. They also call it a "strange thing".

Probably in excess of 25% of Welsh people dislike Sheep banter with a passion or ignore it. We count. If you aggressively call a Welsh policemen a sheep abuser you could get arrested on charges of "ethnically aggravated disorderly conduct" and face a prison sentence. I have faced such slurs close up and personal more than once it was intimidation. The SWP need to stamp it out.

Sheep slurs / Monkeys slurs are in the same ethnic slur church.

Told you it wouldn't be long.
Vinicius Junior on 14:56 - May 25 with 2139 viewsWhiterockin

Vinicius Junior on 13:45 - May 25 by Gwyn737

Told you it wouldn't be long.

He can't help himself mate, just smile.
Vinicius Junior on 15:15 - May 25 with 2120 viewsonehunglow

Vinicius Junior on 14:56 - May 25 by Whiterockin

He can't help himself mate, just smile.

How 25% .

Vinicius Junior on 17:34 - May 25 with 2064 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vinicius Junior on 15:15 - May 25 by onehunglow

How 25% .

Using my judgment. I mix with a range of people form Rural Welsh speakers to urban ancestors from mining communities and our lovely English friends (who I value) . It is gut feeling. It does not really mater. A substantial minority are not amused and take umbrage. Like Asian Muslims and Afro Caribbeans minorities our sensitivities have to be considered.

I may be mistaken but 6 months go Swansea city was talking "zero tolerance to ALL FORMS of ethnic slurs" (or similar). That must include my particular hobby horse.

However the message seems to have diluted in recent months as I have not heard this line used recently. Perhaps the powers at be see the logic of my arguments and are not prepared to take action for fear of being see as woke warriors.

I want one thing or another. Sheep slurs and monkey slurs need to be dealt with equally. it is a simple logic. "But Welsh people do not complain". Well at least one fellow in Neath does. Perhaps Keith should have a poll.

The people that pour scorn on me are the first to label Spanish Bulgarians and Hungarians as disgusting. "Times they are a changing" Dylan once sang. . Logic prevails as we transition to a new world.

Vinicius Junior on 18:05 - May 25 with 2047 viewsmax936

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65708470

Less talk and more action, for me just get it Done!

Vinicius Junior on 20:41 - May 25 with 1995 viewsKeithHaynes

Issue is Spanish ‘fans’ are either extreme right or left.
Dependent on the club they follow.

Vinicius Junior on 21:53 - May 25 with 1957 viewsmajorraglan

Vinicius Junior on 20:41 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Issue is Spanish ‘fans’ are either extreme right or left.
Dependent on the club they follow.

As a matter of interest, could you give us an indication of which teams are which?
Vinicius Junior on 22:01 - May 25 with 1941 viewsKeithHaynes

Vinicius Junior on 21:53 - May 25 by majorraglan

As a matter of interest, could you give us an indication of which teams are which?

From the games I’ve been to.

Cadiz ( extreme ) Vayellcano, Atletico Madrid, and Real Betis left. The fans mix no problem at games.

Malaga mostly right due to their British following. But really it’s split.

Sevilla, def right. Espanyol and Valencia as well. Mostly.

Real Madrid and Barca insignificant.

That’s the best I can do for now.

Vinicius Junio. on 07:38 - May 26 with 1839 viewsTogg

Vinicius Junior on 22:01 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

From the games I’ve been to.

Cadiz ( extreme ) Vayellcano, Atletico Madrid, and Real Betis left. The fans mix no problem at games.

Malaga mostly right due to their British following. But really it’s split.

Sevilla, def right. Espanyol and Valencia as well. Mostly.

Real Madrid and Barca insignificant.

That’s the best I can do for now.

Real Madrid were Fransisco Franco's team. I've got a book on Spanish football somewhere and there's a few stories of dodgy results against Barcelona.
I would have thought Barcelona appealed to a large following of Catalan nationalists but they have huge support in other regions of Spain. Real Espanyol maybe appeal to more moderate Catalans and the many thousands of Southern Spanish who over the generations have settled in the area. These are all generalisations of course.
Basque teams left wing??
Vinicius Junior on 07:40 - May 26 with 1835 viewsDr_Winston

It's not just in football crowds where Spain has a racism problem.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vinicius Junior on 20:13 - May 26 with 1770 viewsmax936

Well it was never likely to be just confined to Football, Racism is still rife in all walks of life and that's not just confined to Spain, it just goes on covertly until someone is brave enough to expose it.

Vinicius Junio. on 20:59 - May 26 with 1737 viewsKeithHaynes

Vinicius Junio. on 07:38 - May 26 by Togg

Real Madrid were Fransisco Franco's team. I've got a book on Spanish football somewhere and there's a few stories of dodgy results against Barcelona.
I would have thought Barcelona appealed to a large following of Catalan nationalists but they have huge support in other regions of Spain. Real Espanyol maybe appeal to more moderate Catalans and the many thousands of Southern Spanish who over the generations have settled in the area. These are all generalisations of course.
Basque teams left wing??

Real Madrid are Man Utd, they appeal to anyone who wants some form of success.
Originally yes, but time marches on.

The lesser sides and the lower leagues are the hot bed of politics.

I will add Barca are Catalan. No politics other than independence.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Vinicius Junio. on 21:09 - May 26 with 1716 viewsmax936

Vinicius Junio. on 20:59 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

Real Madrid are Man Utd, they appeal to anyone who wants some form of success.
Originally yes, but time marches on.

The lesser sides and the lower leagues are the hot bed of politics.

I will add Barca are Catalan. No politics other than independence.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Love Barcelona, beautiful place, busy and expensive, but that's the price you pay for being in such a beautiful City.

Vinicius Junior on 11:38 - May 27 with 1655 viewsGwyn737

Pathetic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65731691
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024