Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafferty Pedder 22:55 - Jun 7 with 5825 viewsYorkshirehoop

Am I the only one mythed as to why Warburton signed him ? I keep hearing that he's a potential talent and looks impressive in patches but he is 21 surely if he's half decent he should have had the odd 5 or 10 minutes at the back end of matches to see what he can do.or maybe it's a case of Tottenham develop good young players and theres one available for free.we'll have him and hope for the best.totally baffled.we got slaughtered and embarrased countless times last season with a lot of so called senior/seasoned professionals.I just hope that Gareth hands out chances for some of our young players.even if it's minutes here and there.
If it appears they are out of the their depth then put them back in the under 21s.Im fed up of hearing we need to protect the player.throw some of them in and it's sink or swim.age is no barrier.if your good enough your old enough.not gonna waffle on but in the case of Pedder.if your not knocking on the door of the first team at 21 then what's occurring ?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 22:56]
Rafferty Pedder on 10:21 - Jun 9 with 1039 viewsdaveB

Rafferty Pedder on 09:12 - Jun 9 by toboboly

Cutting Lowe at 13 years old or not picking up Stuart Pearce/Albert Adomah at all is a very different kettle of fish to having a 'youth' team of 21 year olds without any pro appearances to their name.

I agree they should have played by now and would want to see them get a chance but where do you cut off, do you say if you are not in the team at 20 you have to go when some players develop later. I don't think it can be a set rule really, each player is different as we saw with Eze.

I do agree we seem to end up with a lot of players in their 20's with the club having no idea what to do with them which is not healthy. We are in year 4 of Charlie Kellman now and I think I've been on the pitch more than he has
Rafferty Pedder on 12:51 - Jun 9 with 864 viewsQPROslo

Rafferty Pedder on 08:59 - Jun 9 by daveB

when you get ruthless and cut these players you get threads years later saying why did we let Lowe/Antonio etc go he went onto be a good player

I do think we need to get a lot better at giving these kids a chance in the first team, we are more than open to try kids from other clubs. Have said before if Tim was a QPR youth team player no way would he have played 25/30 games last season.

If Tim had been a QPR youth team player he would in all probability have been taken off us for next to nothing by a PL Club like Villa when he was about 15 years old or younger, much like Sterling.
Rafferty Pedder on 13:11 - Jun 9 with 812 viewstoboboly

Rafferty Pedder on 10:21 - Jun 9 by daveB

I agree they should have played by now and would want to see them get a chance but where do you cut off, do you say if you are not in the team at 20 you have to go when some players develop later. I don't think it can be a set rule really, each player is different as we saw with Eze.

I do agree we seem to end up with a lot of players in their 20's with the club having no idea what to do with them which is not healthy. We are in year 4 of Charlie Kellman now and I think I've been on the pitch more than he has

Agree. But Kelman has at least got games under his belt. If he doesn't work out for us at least we tried (in a scatter gun half arsed way admittedly). But so many of them are no longer kids and have less professional appearances than their age;

Kelman - 123 appearances, 21 years old

Travelman - 84 appearances, 26 years old
Gubbins - 16 appearances in his career, he will be 22 by the time the next season starts.
Duke-McKenna - 33 appearances, will be 23 in August
Bettache - 33 appearances, 23 in July
Drewe - 30 appearaces, 22 years old
Pedder - 1 appearance, 21 years old
Mahoney - 16 appearances, 21 years old
Dixon-Bonner - 10 appearances, 22 years old
Walsh - 16 appearances, 21 years old
Halwax - 0 appearances, 21 years old
Ody Alfa - 22 appearances, 24 years old
Charlie Owens - 8 appearances, 25 years old

Surely we can't actually be thinking that everyone is a late bloomer? I'm not a scout but having seen most of the above play in friendlies/youth games National League is about where they are at. It isn't good enough that professional scouts and coaches are retaining them for this long.

People saying "oh give them a chance" because they have scored a goal against Barnsley U-21's is laughable. Play these and they will be eaten alive. They aren't Chair or Eze who obviously had the talent and ability from a much younger age to play against pro's and to improve with each loan spell. Warburton, Beale, Critchley, Ainsworth and Eustace in the last 12 months have all said basically the same.

Brizzle for example;

Alex Scott - 91 appearances, will be 20 in August
Antoine Semenyo - 178 appearances, 23 years old

Eze - 134 appearances and 22 years old when he left
Bright - 194 appearances and 23 years old when he left us
Manning - 114 appearances and 23 years old when he left us

Sinclair Armstrong will be 20 this month and has 35 appearances to his name. He is completely raw but compare him to most of our U-23's and there is a world of difference, physically and potentially.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 13:18]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rafferty Pedder on 16:51 - Jun 9 with 654 viewsdaveB

Rafferty Pedder on 13:11 - Jun 9 by toboboly

Agree. But Kelman has at least got games under his belt. If he doesn't work out for us at least we tried (in a scatter gun half arsed way admittedly). But so many of them are no longer kids and have less professional appearances than their age;

Kelman - 123 appearances, 21 years old

Travelman - 84 appearances, 26 years old
Gubbins - 16 appearances in his career, he will be 22 by the time the next season starts.
Duke-McKenna - 33 appearances, will be 23 in August
Bettache - 33 appearances, 23 in July
Drewe - 30 appearaces, 22 years old
Pedder - 1 appearance, 21 years old
Mahoney - 16 appearances, 21 years old
Dixon-Bonner - 10 appearances, 22 years old
Walsh - 16 appearances, 21 years old
Halwax - 0 appearances, 21 years old
Ody Alfa - 22 appearances, 24 years old
Charlie Owens - 8 appearances, 25 years old

Surely we can't actually be thinking that everyone is a late bloomer? I'm not a scout but having seen most of the above play in friendlies/youth games National League is about where they are at. It isn't good enough that professional scouts and coaches are retaining them for this long.

People saying "oh give them a chance" because they have scored a goal against Barnsley U-21's is laughable. Play these and they will be eaten alive. They aren't Chair or Eze who obviously had the talent and ability from a much younger age to play against pro's and to improve with each loan spell. Warburton, Beale, Critchley, Ainsworth and Eustace in the last 12 months have all said basically the same.

Brizzle for example;

Alex Scott - 91 appearances, will be 20 in August
Antoine Semenyo - 178 appearances, 23 years old

Eze - 134 appearances and 22 years old when he left
Bright - 194 appearances and 23 years old when he left us
Manning - 114 appearances and 23 years old when he left us

Sinclair Armstrong will be 20 this month and has 35 appearances to his name. He is completely raw but compare him to most of our U-23's and there is a world of difference, physically and potentially.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 13:18]

yeah I do agree, there are too many for it to be something you can ignore.
I big part of it is the way academies work with that rule which basically means all the best kids are nicked by prem clubs for nothing so clubs are giving longer deals out when they turn 18 just to tie them down just in case when in the past they'd have been let go a lot earlier
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024