Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantasy Football Teams 12:55 - Jul 12 with 1869 viewsTGRRRSSS

I am thinking of doing one our work is running.

Not done this in years, any tips and ideas?

For example a goallie from top side or lower down etc?
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 12:56]
Fantasy Football Teams on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1825 viewsrobith

Presuming you are playing the official Premier League game, here's my rough advice

- Early doors play the percentages. Brave calls are for later in the season. You go against Haaland and he bags a hattie week 1, season's in tatters
- Don't think about points players will get, think about points per million spent
- Goalkeepers are a waste of money. Either get 2 4.5 keepers whose fixtures rotate, or pick one guy and his 4.0m understudy
-Spend most of your money in midfield - they get 1 extra point for goals and 1 for clean sheets so they're worth more than strikers
- Don't get too many expensive players, you can only captain one of them, and if you're rotating the armband too often you're at risk of outcome variance in missing the points
- Think about the structure of your team. I usually like to play 352 or 343 depending on if there is a reliable 6.0m striker. So I'll get two cheap playing defenders cos i'm not going to play them most weeks and put the money into midfield
- Look up the stats on touches in the box, especially for defenders. Tarkowski has more than most of Everton's attackers
- A talisman at a smaller club is better than a squad player at a bigger one. People sometimes try to "cover" teams instead of focusing on the players delivering
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 13:16]
Fantasy Football Teams on 13:15 - Jul 12 with 1817 viewsDoudou87

- Top 4 (maybe its more like a top 7 now) goal keeper, Nick Pope my pick
- 3 at the back all of which are fullbacks
- 5 in midfield, 2 big names like Salah (usually listed as a midfielder) and De Bruyne, then cheaper creative players such as Eze and Bowen.
- Then a striker who you can afford to play alongside Haaland as everyone will pick him.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Fantasy Football Teams on 14:00 - Jul 12 with 1738 viewsDave_Lazy

With the change in prices this year it means that you will most probably only be able to have two "premium" players in a squad. LAst year managed Salah, Haaland and Kane in my squad. This year with Haaland at £14m and Salah at £12.5m it doesn't leave a lot of room for another.

Raya in goal at £5m is worth a punt as he has been solid for the last two years. Otherwise, as stated, full-backs in defence, midfielders (Rice at £5m and going to Arsenal, looks a good buy) that take free-kicks and corners and Forwards that play regularly and perhaps take penalties. Be aware of teams that rotate squads as that will have an impact and if you are playing the official game, understand the different "tokens" and how and when to use them.

Good luck, it's as equally frustrating as it is enjoyable.
Fantasy Football Teams on 14:04 - Jul 12 with 1735 viewsE17hoop

The best keepers for the points are the ones who face lots of shots. Avoid the relegation candidates - no clean sheets - but look for the teams who are likely to be open at the back.

Oh, and no Chelsea players either.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Fantasy Football Teams on 15:12 - Jul 12 with 1682 viewsSharpy36

Fantasy Football Teams on 14:04 - Jul 12 by E17hoop

The best keepers for the points are the ones who face lots of shots. Avoid the relegation candidates - no clean sheets - but look for the teams who are likely to be open at the back.

Look at players that take corners.

Other than Haaland leave Man city well alone, Pep has a way of messing with your head.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Fantasy Football Teams on 21:22 - Jul 12 with 1551 viewsdavman

Fantasy Football Teams on 14:04 - Jul 12 by E17hoop

That last rule is key. No matter what, you DO NOT ever stoop that low.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024