Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ulster R's 11:27 - Jul 17 with 3727 viewsSonofNorfolt

For those that know me or those that don't, I'll be exploring Nor'n this week.
Flying over after Day One of the fourth test in Manchester I was hoping to go to Brandywell but UEFA ground restrictions looks that it is unlikely I'll get in.
Still I'll be drinking in Derry on Thursday and Belfast on Friday evenings and you're welcome to drink me under the table.

melh64@hotmail.co.uk
Ulster R's on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 3605 viewsMick_S

You lucky b’stard. We’re back over in September- I can’t wait and I won’t wait. We do the quiet thing over there Mel so can’t really recommend too much other than the north coast drive with all the quirky detours.

Wonderful place.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ulster R's on 12:02 - Jul 17 with 3600 viewsSonofNorfolt

Ulster R's on 12:00 - Jul 17 by Mick_S

You lucky b’stard. We’re back over in September- I can’t wait and I won’t wait. We do the quiet thing over there Mel so can’t really recommend too much other than the north coast drive with all the quirky detours.

Wonderful place.

The worse thing is I'm going to the cricket with your brother!
Ulster R's on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 3574 viewsMick_S

Ulster R's on 12:02 - Jul 17 by SonofNorfolt

The worse thing is I'm going to the cricket with your brother!

I feel for you both.

Ulster R's on 12:11 - Jul 17 with 3554 viewskingsburyR

I'm over in Belfast for a three days at the turn of the month before heading down to Co Mayo as usual.

A pal of mine lives in Belfast so I'll be seeing him. I'm planning on doing the giants causeway and that rope bridge thing also.

Any other recommendations gladly received. Has to suit wife and daughters also!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 12:12]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ulster R's on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 3482 viewsSonofNorfolt

Ulster R's on 12:05 - Jul 17 by Mick_S

I feel for you both.

BTW I was in Northern Cyprus with Kenan last month.
Your washing is still on the line
Ulster R's on 13:46 - Jul 17 with 3213 viewsMick_S

Ulster R's on 12:17 - Jul 17 by SonofNorfolt

BTW I was in Northern Cyprus with Kenan last month.
Your washing is still on the line

I doubt that very much lol thingy

pm, old boy.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 13:50]

Ulster R's on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 3067 viewsloftboy

Had a week in Belfast in 2018, great city with great Pubs.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ulster R's on 17:31 - Jul 17 with 3023 viewsBklynRanger

Enjoy it Mel, I'm sure you will.

I'll let your Belfast friend recommend, Kingsbury, I'm terrible with tourism suggestions. One thing on the Giant's Causeway though: I actually think the headland around it is more spectacular than the visitors centre itself.

You can do a nice walk for an hour or two by driving further along and parking at Dunseverick Castle (only a castle in the loosest sense) and following the cliff top path. It ends at the the main tourist bit so you can't go wrong.

Have a pint in the pub near the bus stop and then get the bus 10 mins back to Dunseverick to pick up the car. Only an Idea - your wife and daughters may veto it I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Ulster R's on 18:52 - Jul 17 with 2935 viewskomradkirk

define friday evening timewise Mel.
Ulster R's on 21:18 - Jul 17 with 2818 viewsMick_S

Ulster R's on 12:11 - Jul 17 by kingsburyR

I'm over in Belfast for a three days at the turn of the month before heading down to Co Mayo as usual.

A pal of mine lives in Belfast so I'll be seeing him. I'm planning on doing the giants causeway and that rope bridge thing also.

Any other recommendations gladly received. Has to suit wife and daughters also!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 12:12]

The rope (Michael Carrick-a-Reed) bridge is well worth it. Scared the pants off me. Going across is easy. Going back isn’t.

The Gobbins cliff face walk is meant to be superb. We’ve not been there, but will check it out next time.

Ulster R's on 22:16 - Jul 17 with 2736 viewsBoston

Surely the Titanic Museum should be on the list?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ulster R's on 00:27 - Jul 18 with 2667 viewsbob566

Ulster R's on 22:16 - Jul 17 by Boston

Surely the Titanic Museum should be on the list?

It's actually quite crap. They don't have one actual artefact from the titanic. That's why they have to call it an exhibit rather than a museum. I preferred the titanic museum in cobh County cork
Ulster R's on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 2547 viewselnombre

Always good to welcome a fellow Hoop up north and up north! Alas I've got my weekly Belfast visit in early this week, ironically so I can also go to the Test match Thur/Fri. My Finnish Hoops next-door-neighbour will be keeping you company at OT on Wed though.

Cathedral Quarter for drinks and Pizza Punks for nosebag.

Disappointed you didn't enjoy (if that is the right word) Titanic Belfast Bob, everyone I've taken has been hugely positive. To correct a point, they absolutely do have artefacts, including (I'm a bit of a watch fiend) this Omega, hands frozen at the time the owner went into the sea - achingly sad.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 10:01]
Ulster R's on 12:52 - Jul 18 with 2438 viewsSonofNorfolt

Ulster R's on 18:52 - Jul 17 by komradkirk

define friday evening timewise Mel.

I've sent you a text Brian assuming you're on the same number?
If not email me you new one thanks.
Ulster R's on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 2419 viewstonyQPR

Kenny Muirhead is a Belfast boy if you know him Mel ?
Ulster R's on 13:01 - Jul 18 with 2405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ulster R's on 00:27 - Jul 18 by bob566

It's actually quite crap. They don't have one actual artefact from the titanic. That's why they have to call it an exhibit rather than a museum. I preferred the titanic museum in cobh County cork

Two towns both making a fortune celebrating their part in the biggest maritime failure ever.
We're a great little country.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ulster R's on 15:12 - Jul 18 with 2305 viewsrobith

The Sunflower is, for my money, one of the best pubs in either the UK or Ireland.

Walking through the caged entrance is a tad scary, but it's some joint on the inside
Ulster R's on 17:17 - Jul 18 with 2204 viewselnombre

Ulster R's on 13:01 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Two towns both making a fortune celebrating their part in the biggest maritime failure ever.
We're a great little country.

to be fair, I would use the word 'commemorating' over celebrating, but in a city where tours of the Troubles' notorious murals and flashpoints are a five-star Tripadvisor experience...?!

My Granda (who worked at H&W during WWII) used to joke that it took 3000 Belfast craftsmen to build the finest ship in the world, and one Englishman to steer it into an iceberg.

Probably still too soon...
Ulster R's on 18:13 - Jul 18 with 2150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"My Granda (who worked at H&W during WWII) used to joke that it took 3000 Belfast craftsmen to build the finest ship in the world, and one Englishman to steer it into an iceberg."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024