Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth is the main issue here 11:03 - Oct 25 with 2630 viewswortonr

Sorry to disagree with those who have highlighted bad player attitude as a factor. For me, the main issue is the tactics employed. From what I saw yesterday the commitment was there, but to a style of play that admitted likely defeat before we began. About a year ago we had spells where we could play teams off the park with many of the same players. Now whenever we get the ball we return it at length and wait for the next wave to hit. Awful to watch and awful to have to play. But they do it, and effectively for half the game.
When something inevitability goes wrong we fall apart.
Sorry, this is down to the management.
Gareth is the main issue here on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 2574 viewsNed_Kennedys

Definitely worth starting a brand new thread with this post as clearly it couldn’t go in one of the existing ones 😬
Gareth is the main issue here on 11:14 - Oct 25 with 2534 viewsRangers67

Totally agree. But I also have a suspicion that player power is playing a part which if true is inexscusable. Also I think there is something wrong with my computer as every time I log onto the BBC sport website or this site there is no mention of him being sacked ! How much longer must we put up with this stuff. And the silence from the board etc is deafening, total abdication of duty to the fans.
Gareth is the main issue here on 11:57 - Oct 25 with 2319 viewsThGrimRanger

so Neil Critchley, who's currently doing a great job at Blackpool btw ..... was he the main issue ?

TheGrimRanger

Gareth is the main issue here on 12:08 - Oct 25 with 2259 viewsPhilmyRs

Gareth is the main issue here on 11:57 - Oct 25 by ThGrimRanger

so Neil Critchley, who's currently doing a great job at Blackpool btw ..... was he the main issue ?

I think Neil Critchley did better with this group of players than GA. I think NC used to pick up a few points on the road, we were rarely battered like we are under GA against teams below or around us in the table. GA has had a lot more backing than NC got.

We are clearly a tough job, which NC wasn't up to and nor is GA, but Beale had us in the play-offs, playing some amazing football on the way and Warbs had us competing comfortably in the Championship. I'm all be for giving GA some time if there were things he was doing that showed promise and I just felt he'd been unlucky. It's just the vast majority of what I've seen reinforces my belief that he's more suited to managing lower league teams, and isn't the right fit for the club. It hurts to say it as I like him a lot, but the evidence just can't be ignored. We need to change the Manager.
Gareth is the main issue here on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 1997 viewswortonr

Gareth is the main issue here on 11:09 - Oct 25 by Ned_Kennedys

Definitely worth starting a brand new thread with this post as clearly it couldn’t go in one of the existing ones 😬

Apologies for wasting your time. I just needed to get it out of my system. I don’t post often and it seemed like a new angle to me.
Gareth is the main issue here on 13:37 - Oct 25 with 1960 viewsridethewave

Big one for me was the team turning up late for the game. I mean just how unprofessional can you get at this level of football? Utterly embarrassing.

That is as you say squarely on the management, though as Clive often says we have been bad for several managers now so hard to argue it is entirely GA's fault, but absolutely he is only making things worse right now and needs to go.
Gareth is the main issue here on 13:42 - Oct 25 with 1922 viewsTGRRRSSS

Who organises that stuff though - the turning up on time bit?

Genuinely not sure?

I agree it's a bad look.

Or are we on the 3pm megabus these days.... ffp you know...
Gareth is the main issue here on 13:59 - Oct 25 with 1834 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gareth is the main issue here on 13:37 - Oct 25 by ridethewave

Big one for me was the team turning up late for the game. I mean just how unprofessional can you get at this level of football? Utterly embarrassing.

That is as you say squarely on the management, though as Clive often says we have been bad for several managers now so hard to argue it is entirely GA's fault, but absolutely he is only making things worse right now and needs to go.

This….especially as we the fans all arrived on time.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth is the main issue here on 14:19 - Oct 25 with 1775 viewsCamberleyR

Gareth is the main issue here on 13:37 - Oct 25 by ridethewave

I thought exactly the same as well. I appreciate that I think an accident near The Hawthorns held them up but what time were they leaving LR (or the training ground?) for christ's sake, rush hour?

Surely they should have been leaving lunch time so that they avoid any eventualities like accidents on the way. It's like a f*cking Sunday League team.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 9:58]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024