Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December 1st 1979 11:50 - Dec 1 with 1272 viewsWalnut

Blimey, 44 years ago today, Rangers went to Cambridge as league leaders and lost 2 1. Stan scored his last ever goal for us.

Hopefully that links works 😀
December 1st 1979 on 11:53 - Dec 1 with 1257 viewsngbqpr

The coldest I think I've ever been at a football match.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

December 1st 1979 on 12:59 - Dec 1 with 1106 viewsCamberleyR

We were league leaders and Cambridge just outside the bottom three on goal difference. Some things never change...

Stan's last goal and his last but one game. Probably no one at LR the following Saturday against Wrexham thought that would be the last we saw of him in the hoops.

That Cambridge game was the start of our poor run in December and January (with our obligatory FA Cup 3rd round exit) that blew a big hole in our promotion hopes, two points from fourteen (two points for the win then).

Nearly four years later vs Cambridge, Clive Allen did this...
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 13:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

December 1st 1979 on 13:04 - Dec 1 with 1090 viewsDWQPR

December 1st 1979 on 11:53 - Dec 1 by ngbqpr

The coldest I think I've ever been at a football match.

The coldest I’ve been was New Years Day 1980, away at Birmingham. Lost 2-1 to an Archie Gemmill long ranger. Most other games had been called off and the St Andrews pitch was covered in frost. Gordon Hill seemed to be wearing hi missus’s tights that day. Managed to defrost by the time the supporters coach turned into South Africa Road.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024