Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking on the bright side…League is back! 09:25 - Feb 15 with 1820 viewsMrSheen

RL restarts tonight to cheer and distract us (except Clive).
[Post edited 25 Feb 10:04]
Looking on the bright side… on 10:21 - Feb 15 with 1688 viewsBrisbaneR

Thank goodness for that...should be a good game to open the year too, Indigenous All-Stars vs Maori. Don't think those boys will be easing into the season.

I'm really keen to see how the Dolphins go this year, I think the recruitment of Flegler, Farnworth and the under the radar Avarillo really adds to their strike power...and they weren't short of points last year already.

They're my local side so will try to get down to Redcliffe Stadium for a game in the RL equivalent of Loftus Rd.
Looking on the bright side… on 11:07 - Feb 15 with 1606 viewsMrSheen

Looking on the bright side… on 10:21 - Feb 15 by BrisbaneR

Thank goodness for that...should be a good game to open the year too, Indigenous All-Stars vs Maori. Don't think those boys will be easing into the season.

I'm really keen to see how the Dolphins go this year, I think the recruitment of Flegler, Farnworth and the under the radar Avarillo really adds to their strike power...and they weren't short of points last year already.

They're my local side so will try to get down to Redcliffe Stadium for a game in the RL equivalent of Loftus Rd.

How often do they play at Redcliffe, or the Austin Arena? I thought it was almost all at Suncorp.
Looking on the bright side… on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 1460 viewsNorthernr

QPR losing at Stoke and Hull FC getting bummed in the gob by Hull KR is not the 24 hours I need right now.
Looking on the bright side… on 14:55 - Feb 15 with 1409 viewsBoston

...on the bright side, I now think we'll put Millwall down.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Looking on the bright side… on 14:57 - Feb 15 with 1408 viewsMrSheen

Why is Jordan Abdull in Perpignan? Did he spill the wrong pint?
Looking on the bright side… on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 1371 viewsQPROslo

Looking on the bright side… on 14:55 - Feb 15 by Boston

...on the bright side, I now think we'll put Millwall down.

Great to read someone is an optimist! Or do you think we'll go down with them? It looks like we're going down to me but with 14 games still to play I continue to hope.
Looking on the bright side… on 20:08 - Feb 15 with 1293 viewsMrSheen

How can Danny Houghton still be playing?

My late-lamented NRL podcast were merciless on Okambor last season. Stood out even in a terrible Doggies team.
[Post edited 15 Feb 20:17]
Looking on the bright side… on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 1253 viewsBrisbaneR

Looking on the bright side… on 11:07 - Feb 15 by MrSheen

How often do they play at Redcliffe, or the Austin Arena? I thought it was almost all at Suncorp.

Not very often unfortunately, I think only three times this season with the rest at Suncorp. Still, if I can scrounge a ticket from somewhere I’ll join the crowd, the place will be overflowing for each game. I don’t think expectations are too high yet, even if higher after last year, it’s still feels a bit like our local team against the big boys even if the side is full of imports.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking on the bright side… on 21:12 - Feb 15 with 1237 viewsMrSheen

Looking on the bright side… on 21:02 - Feb 15 by BrisbaneR

Not very often unfortunately, I think only three times this season with the rest at Suncorp. Still, if I can scrounge a ticket from somewhere I’ll join the crowd, the place will be overflowing for each game. I don’t think expectations are too high yet, even if higher after last year, it’s still feels a bit like our local team against the big boys even if the side is full of imports.

They were great in the first half of the season and they’re clearly stronger now. The Broncos look like they tweaked the cap last year so they could have a more difficult year too.
Looking on the bright side… on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 1128 viewsMrSheen

Good start in the pissing rain in Castleford.
Looking on the bright side…League is back on 10:04 - Feb 25 with 896 viewsMrSheen

I was out last night so only just watched the Wigan game. It’s hard to believe that a fully prepared Penrith side wouldn’t have won, but it was very entertaining anyway. I was sure they would roll over the top at the end like they so often do. Salary cap going to bring them down at last?
[Post edited 25 Feb 10:05]
Looking on the bright side…League is back on 11:50 - Feb 25 with 742 viewsNorthernr

Looking on the bright side…League is back on 10:04 - Feb 25 by MrSheen

I was out last night so only just watched the Wigan game. It’s hard to believe that a fully prepared Penrith side wouldn’t have won, but it was very entertaining anyway. I was sure they would roll over the top at the end like they so often do. Salary cap going to bring them down at last?
[Post edited 25 Feb 10:05]

Nice to watch a game of rugby league without them shitting themselves about head knocks every two minutes.
Looking on the bright side…League is back! on 14:55 - Feb 25 with 687 viewsSpaceman_P

Include me alongside Clive... Rugby is so boring!!!
Looking on the bright side…League is back! on 03:15 - Mar 3 with 503 viewsMrSheen

I’m in Japan at the moment so I’m able to watch the NRL launch games live. Great so far and a surprising crowd in. Head clashes definitely still considered “unlucky”. Tom Burgess looking old, so what does that hat say about me?
Looking on the bright side…League is back! on 05:36 - Mar 3 with 456 viewsBrisbaneR

Halftime and the Roosters look hard and professional but the Broncos look like they can score from nothing even when playing badly. Love having the footie back. What a footballing day this has been.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024