Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) 18:08 - Feb 24 with 4334 viewsGwyn737

After the Labour fiasco in Rochdale, 30p Lee Anderson has popped up and will nab the upcoming headlines

So easy for Labour:

1. Former deputy PM loses the whip for being racist in an interview on GB News
2. Between the interview and losing the whip the ONLY Tory MPs to be openly critical were Javid and Ghuni - such an own goal
3. Over the next few days, others will come out and criticise, highlighting the problem further
4. Anderson will probably defect to Reform, taking Tory votes with him
5. Tories will have to pretend to be nastier to try and get those votes back
6. Labour benefit in all areas.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:13 - Feb 24 with 1708 viewsonehunglow

Open the champagne then or Brains dark

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:31 - Feb 24 with 1688 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:13 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

Open the champagne then or Brains dark

Not for me.

Should Labour win I’d like a strong, functioning opposition
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:47 - Feb 24 with 1666 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:31 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Not for me.

Honest?
I just see Tory/ class hate ,pure and simple
[Post edited 24 Feb 18:47]

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:52 - Feb 24 with 1654 viewsshingle

Is it a no no then that those who were reluctantly going to have to vote for Labour because they have had enough of the Tories may be swayed by Reform, surely any logical thinking people must be realising the countries decline will continue if either Labour or the Tories govern us, history tells us that, but there is nothing to tell us how Reform would get on, so why not give them a go, if they fail like the other two have, simply vote them out next time, at least the public tried something different.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:54 - Feb 24 with 1650 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:47 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

Honest?
I just see Tory/ class hate ,pure and simple
[Post edited 24 Feb 18:47]

Nope.

I can’t do with this current incarnation of the Tory party but that’s incidental.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never made a classist post.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:56 - Feb 24 with 1639 viewsonehunglow

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:54 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Nope.

I can’t do with this current incarnation of the Tory party but that’s incidental.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never made a classist post.

Didn’t say YOU have
You’re a class above,in all seriousness

But,yiu have to admit they abound

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 1638 viewsWingstandwood

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:52 - Feb 24 by shingle

Is it a no no then that those who were reluctantly going to have to vote for Labour because they have had enough of the Tories may be swayed by Reform, surely any logical thinking people must be realising the countries decline will continue if either Labour or the Tories govern us, history tells us that, but there is nothing to tell us how Reform would get on, so why not give them a go, if they fail like the other two have, simply vote them out next time, at least the public tried something different.

I ponder if The Reform Party ends becoming the ultimate protest-vote party for the disenfranchised in the same way The Brexit Party did during the EU (ouch!)
elections?

The Reform Party is currently unknown and under the radar to a lot of people, BUT high profile defections, would I guess be very welcome occurrences for the party machine/strategists. The oxygen of publicity thingy?

Argus!

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:06 - Feb 24 with 1632 viewsGwyn737

I think it’s unlikely based on what we’ve seen so far.

It’s a pretty big leap from deserting the Conservative Party to labour then going completely the other way with Reform.

Best estimate is reform will end up with 10 - 15% and any increase with come from the Tory share.

If (and it’s a big if) Anderson jumps ship, Reform will have a bit of a bump.

It won’t be significant though I wouldn’t have thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:07 - Feb 24 with 1629 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:04 - Feb 24 by Wingstandwood

I ponder if The Reform Party ends becoming the ultimate protest-vote party for the disenfranchised in the same way The Brexit Party did during the EU (ouch!)
elections?

The Reform Party is currently unknown and under the radar to a lot of people, BUT high profile defections, would I guess be very welcome occurrences for the party machine/strategists. The oxygen of publicity thingy?

Possibly but the Brexit party had a big USP.

I don’t see that with Reform. Yet.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:00 - Feb 24 with 1568 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I have no idea how on earth people like Anderson and the Ali bloke get selected. There is something fundamentally wrong with our politics. You'd never employ these people in any responsible position after a decent interview.

What fcuk is going on?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 06:06 - Feb 25 with 1502 viewsYrAlarch

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 18:31 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Not for me.

Absolutely, not a bunch of nutters.
That's also what the Senedd needs.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 07:33 - Feb 25 with 1486 viewsPawelAbbott

It's hugely unlikely that Reform will go from zero MPs to winning the election. They look likely to split the Tory vote, which will then either give a landslide to Labour but without Labour having gained more voters than last time.
Or, far worse, Reform win a large number of seats and we have a Tory / Reform coalition for 5 more years
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 08:06 - Feb 25 with 1461 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 07:33 - Feb 25 by PawelAbbott

It's hugely unlikely that Reform will go from zero MPs to winning the election. They look likely to split the Tory vote, which will then either give a landslide to Labour but without Labour having gained more voters than last time.
Or, far worse, Reform win a large number of seats and we have a Tory / Reform coalition for 5 more years

Reform could well hold the balance at the next GE.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:19 - Feb 25 with 1407 viewsSullutaCreturned

And I agree. A definition of madness is repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different result. Thsi country is on a bad road and has been for decades, the rate of decay is accelerating.

We have to try something different, we have to give different people a chance. Im not really one for reading manifesto's but maybe I should have a closer look at what Reform actually stand for?
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 1405 viewsbuilthjack

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 22:00 - Feb 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

I have no idea how on earth people like Anderson and the Ali bloke get selected. There is something fundamentally wrong with our politics. You'd never employ these people in any responsible position after a decent interview.

What fcuk is going on?

Johnson got elected. Even though he has lied his way through life. Always.
People get blinded.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 11:13 - Feb 25 with 1383 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:19 - Feb 25 by SullutaCreturned

And I agree. A definition of madness is repeating the same things over and over and expecting a different result. Thsi country is on a bad road and has been for decades, the rate of decay is accelerating.

We have to try something different, we have to give different people a chance. Im not really one for reading manifesto's but maybe I should have a closer look at what Reform actually stand for?

They just want their country back, Cat.

Their manifesto on education is a case in point. Have read. Doesn’t mention education at all.

Load of populist soundbites with no substance to be seen.

Edit: he’s the bit of the manifesto in it’s entirety:

1. A commitment not to shut schools in the future (in situations like the COVID-19 pandemic)
2. Banning the teaching of critical race theory and gender 'ideology', and keeping sex education age-appropriate
[Post edited 25 Feb 11:16]
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 11:34 - Feb 25 with 1366 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 08:06 - Feb 25 by Whiterockin

Reform could well hold the balance at the next GE.

I very much doubt that they’ll get a single MP
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 12:59 - Feb 25 with 1341 viewsWhiterockin

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 10:23 - Feb 25 by builthjack

Johnson got elected. Even though he has lied his way through life. Always.
People get blinded.

Johnson got elected because he promised to deliver what the British public wanted at the time. Simple as that really.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:27 - Feb 25 with 1306 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 11:34 - Feb 25 by JumpingJackFlash

I very much doubt that they’ll get a single MP

They may not BUT they may take a lot of votes off the tories. You don't have to win seats to affect results.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:53 - Feb 25 with 1289 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 14:27 - Feb 25 by SullutaCreturned

They may not BUT they may take a lot of votes off the tories. You don't have to win seats to affect results.

They may well split the Tory vote. I see they would welcome 30p Lee to the fold and no doubt they will attract the racist, climate change denying wing of the Conservative support.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:46 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewsBoundy

No ones perfect I suppose

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rayner-defends-herself-after-selling-counc

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:46 - Feb 25 by Boundy

No ones perfect I suppose

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rayner-defends-herself-after-selling-counc

She wants to reform the discounts put in place by Cameron’s government in 2012.

She sold her house in 2007.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:13 - Feb 25 with 1204 viewsBoundy

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 19:54 - Feb 25 by Gwyn737

She wants to reform the discounts put in place by Cameron’s government in 2012.

She sold her house in 2007.

A quick flip then

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:20 - Feb 25 with 1200 viewsGwyn737

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:13 - Feb 25 by Boundy

A quick flip then

She was in the house for 7 years.

She then bought it at a 25% discount with the right to buy scheme.

She has come out in support of reducing the 2012 policy that allows discounts of up to 60%, which she says is too much in an increasing squeezed overall housing stock.

I don’t see any hypocrisy.
Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 08:26 - Feb 26 with 1128 viewsBoundy

Tories shoot themselves in the foot (again) on 21:20 - Feb 25 by Gwyn737

She was in the house for 7 years.

She then bought it at a 25% discount with the right to buy scheme.

She has come out in support of reducing the 2012 policy that allows discounts of up to 60%, which she says is too much in an increasing squeezed overall housing stock.

I don’t see any hypocrisy.

one persons discount is another persons example of unreasonable discount . It stinks of hypocrisy and I believe more will be revealed .
I'm not a tory voter so I have no axe to grind but to make statements like I saved hard and a it was a proud moment when she purchased the house, but she and Labour are denying the same right to others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024