Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Governance Bill 22:48 - Mar 18 with 5477 viewsQPRConor2000

This is very significant news, Legislation to establish the new independent regulator for English Football to begin its passage through Parliament tomorrow.

Would mean a licencing system for clubs from the Premier League down to the National League, strengtened owners and directors tests as well as the power to intervene to impose a settlement on the PL.

Worth keeping an eye on this over the coming weeks.

Football Governance Bill on 19:16 - Mar 21 with 837 viewsOldPedro

Football Governance Bill on 18:59 - Mar 21 by Lanhoop

Interesting statement from them...

The Club is extremely disappointed that the Premier League has chosen to charge LCFC now, despite the Club’s efforts to engage constructively with the Premier League in relation to the matters that are the subject of this charge, even though LCFC is not currently a Premier League club.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3938901/lcfc-statement--21-march-2024

Seem to be arguing the same thing we did back in the day. Didn't work did it.

Leicester got away with it in 2013-14 and settled with the EFL, so you could argue that as a club that has previously broken the rules, they should be treated more harshly.........

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37546227/leicester-city-efl-agree-ffp

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Football Governance Bill on 19:22 - Mar 21 with 801 viewsSheffieldHoop

Football Governance Bill on 18:07 - Mar 21 by daveB

Twitter is just a mad place, full of people saying whatever they like and passing it off as fact, quite dangerous really and seems to send people down rabbit holes and affect their mental health but far too late to do anything about it now

I think twitter WAS a mad place full of people saying whatever they like and passing it off as fact, in fact the old twitter used to actively promote these (To borrow a phrase from Bazza) "Bad Faith Actors" to the point that a lot of their stuff became normalised.

Since the Musk takeover, we've got greater transparency WRT how it is run, and I think community notes are a far better way to discern truth from bullshit on a platform like that, rather than just letting the "mods" (Aka the politicians/deep state that controlled them) do it for us.

If it was up to me, Jack Dorsey would be at The Hague.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Football Governance Bill on 21:12 - Mar 21 with 685 viewsdaveB

Football Governance Bill on 18:59 - Mar 21 by Lanhoop

Interesting statement from them...

The Club is extremely disappointed that the Premier League has chosen to charge LCFC now, despite the Club’s efforts to engage constructively with the Premier League in relation to the matters that are the subject of this charge, even though LCFC is not currently a Premier League club.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3938901/lcfc-statement--21-march-2024

Seem to be arguing the same thing we did back in the day. Didn't work did it.

They didn't want to adhere to the EFL rules either as they were a premier league in the last 3 years. Full of shit, look forward to them getting a points deduction next season and coming back down
Football Governance Bill on 21:39 - Mar 21 with 651 viewsQPR_John

Football Governance Bill on 21:12 - Mar 21 by daveB

They didn't want to adhere to the EFL rules either as they were a premier league in the last 3 years. Full of shit, look forward to them getting a points deduction next season and coming back down

Why should any club have to adhere to rules applicable to a different league.
Football Governance Bill on 21:41 - Mar 21 with 649 viewsdaveB

Football Governance Bill on 21:39 - Mar 21 by QPR_John

Why should any club have to adhere to rules applicable to a different league.

because they were in that league when they broke their rules, any punishment will only come when they are back in that league
Football Governance Bill on 22:29 - Mar 21 with 581 viewsQPR_John

Football Governance Bill on 21:41 - Mar 21 by daveB

because they were in that league when they broke their rules, any punishment will only come when they are back in that league

Sorry if I misunderstood but I read your post to say the while Leicester or any team were in the Premier League the FL could take those years as being in the Championship once they were relegated
Football Governance Bill on 16:39 - Mar 22 with 397 viewsRangersw12

Shame a QPR fan is defending them
Football Governance Bill on 17:28 - Mar 22 with 369 viewsSheffieldHoop

Football Governance Bill on 16:39 - Mar 22 by Rangersw12

Shame a QPR fan is defending them

Remarkable he still posts on here from time to time, considering what his time must be worth £ wise. Fair play.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

Football Governance Bill on 19:50 - Mar 22 with 291 viewshantssi

Football Governance Bill on 17:28 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

Remarkable he still posts on here from time to time, considering what his time must be worth £ wise. Fair play.

He must be worth a few quid by now and it appears to be a growing industry!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024