Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? 23:18 - Apr 6 with 1099 viewsnumptydumpty

This season and last,we have had fantastic support at home.

Extremely high attendance numbers consistently.

Yet with all this backing our home form is and has been atrocious.

Admittedly away our support has been superb also but we seem to freeze or play extremely poorly at home.

In days gone past you would have said the crowd could have been the twelfth man but for last eighteen months our players have not been encouraged by the support at all.

It's not even as if the crowd have turned toxic - they could have done - but we haven't at all.

Only explanation I can give is the high wages all players get now, no matter what, on occasions, a lot of them just don't care enough.

Am stating this in general at the top two-level of football.

80s and 90s you still got a win bonus but money even at this level is very high now.

If I was in my 20s and playing if I had secured a 10k a week contract for four years, which I would get paid, no matter what, am not ashamed to admit, if the going got tough, i could quite easily be one for the boo boys.

I think if we had this support in the 80s and 90s our home form would be superb but the game has changed simply because of the ridiculous money around even for bang average players

[Post edited 6 Apr 23:21]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 23:24 - Apr 6 with 1027 viewsNortholt_Rs

Maybe it’s just a very poor team with no bollox in the games that really matter…. That was truly appalling today in a must win / don’t lose game. Fkn abysmal from the lot of them. These players have gifted Weds 6 points this season….thats how pony they are.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 23:27 - Apr 6 with 1015 viewscolinallcars

You are correct I feel.
Bit whereas we think the players are well paid they probably look at players at other clubs and feel they're hard done by.
I don't really have much time for the majority of our players I'm afraid.
They've put me through the mincer too many times.
Additionally, there's one player that bursts into life now and then, and people say ‘he's back !” Today I was surprised he didn't get his phone out and trot around looking at it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 23:37]
The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 23:59 - Apr 6 with 934 viewsManinBlack

While our support has been good so too has the opposition's. Clubs like Coventry, Sunderland, Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Luton, Watford have come in good numbers and made plenty of noise in the last two seasons. Some of those games we barely had a shot on goal as if our players are too afraid to go near the away end.

I am just fed up of constantly seeing the away fans having a great day out at our expense as we slump to yet another defeat. It is happening far too often and I dare say the Leeds game will be another for us to watch Leeds players and fans celebrating a win to clinch auto promotion.

I dare say money and wages does play a part but I think we just bring in rejects from elsewhere and there is a reason why other clubs get rid as their attitudes and ability are not up to scratch. We look so easy to play against at Loftus Road whereas away we seem more organised and solid and our away support is more constant for noise and the opposition fans are a bit quieter when at home and also more likely to get on their teams backs.
[Post edited 7 Apr 0:00]
The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 07:37 - Apr 7 with 758 viewsSpaceman_P

mate realistically, just imagine £2k a week, I'd probably be happy with that too.

Speaking of which, anyone know what Richards gets?
The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 08:17 - Apr 7 with 684 viewscolinallcars

The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 07:37 - Apr 7 by Spaceman_P

mate realistically, just imagine £2k a week, I'd probably be happy with that too.

Anyone know what Richards gets ? He gets more repulsive as every week goes by.
The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 09:09 - Apr 7 with 587 viewsEsox_Lucius

The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 07:37 - Apr 7 by Spaceman_P

I'm imagining getting $7.9m an hour over the last year, makes your £2k a week look like pennies lost down the back of the sofa.

The grass is always greener.

The curse of a full house at Loftus Road - Reason ?? on 10:32 - Apr 7 with 491 viewsMalintabuk

Think the reason is simply No Strikers, and being totally toothless.
Home teams invariably take the game to the opposition and in order to do that you need a forward line.... we have not had a forward of any capacity here for at least 3 seasons
That for me is why we are decent away from home. We don't have to make the running and can frustrate teams and with any luck get a defender to score a goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024