Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Williams play the academy players ? 13:28 - Apr 7 with 3351 viewsKeithHaynes

Should Williams play the academy players ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Add your thoughts, there’s a few in the age grade side that can’t do any worse ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 13:52 - Apr 7 with 2294 viewsKeithHaynes

Cadogan for me.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:05 - Apr 7 with 2205 viewsjackrmee

Definitely should pay a couple at least.
Give a striker a go? Wilson.
Aimar can start if no Placheta, with maybe Lowe central.
Hopefully Tymon isn’t out.
Do we have someone to come in for Jay? Walsh?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:53 - Apr 7 with 2103 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:05 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Definitely should pay a couple at least.
Give a striker a go? Wilson.
Aimar can start if no Placheta, with maybe Lowe central.
Hopefully Tymon isn’t out.
Do we have someone to come in for Jay? Walsh?

We can’t afford to play Yates,at all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 19:52 - Apr 7 with 1861 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 13:52 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

Cadogan for me.

If I compared him and Kyrell Wilson it is no contest. Wilson is far better than Cadogan from the 3 -4 times I have seen them.

I may be wrong but Cadogan is more style over substance. He still has time to change perceptions. A little like Tyrell Whittaker released last year.

Lissah, Parker and Govea have already featured.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 20:22 - Apr 7 with 1815 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 19:52 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

If I compared him and Kyrell Wilson it is no contest. Wilson is far better than Cadogan from the 3 -4 times I have seen them.

I may be wrong but Cadogan is more style over substance. He still has time to change perceptions. A little like Tyrell Whittaker released last year.

I bow to your knowledge of academy lads but I maintain none of them would be worse than Yates .
None

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 22:44 - Apr 7 with 1703 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 20:22 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

I bow to your knowledge of academy lads but I maintain none of them would be worse than Yates .
None

Jasper might have seen more of both of them.
I have been very impressed with Kyrell Wilson. He is very fast and tigerish and always on point. H seems to be improving every time i saw him. Some u21 games are mismatches Cadogan was OK when I saw him. Liam Smith does not seem to have progressed. He looked very good in early season games.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 23:02 - Apr 7 with 1683 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 22:44 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Jasper might have seen more of both of them.
I have been very impressed with Kyrell Wilson. He is very fast and tigerish and always on point. H seems to be improving every time i saw him. Some u21 games are mismatches Cadogan was OK when I saw him. Liam Smith does not seem to have progressed. He looked very good in early season games.

I like him already

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 00:11 - Apr 8 with 1649 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 19:52 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Then Wilson is the man for the role.
As OHL said, cant be worse than Yates.

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:14 - Apr 8 with 1525 viewsAzzuriswan

After being at the match last Saturday and witnessing an end of season kick about from much of the team I would not have Yates anywhere near the team. He is playing with what seems to be no confidence is it a couldnt care less attitude./ Give a couple of youngsters a start who knows what can happen?
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:50 - Apr 8 with 1502 viewsjasper_T

afaik Wilson hasn't played since he was on crutches a couple of months ago (the cup final?). Liam Smith missed the last u21s game, no idea why, his lack of first team involvement this season honestly baffles me. Been the best player in the u21s since he joined the club, and we're bringing on an u18s player in his position...
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:53 - Apr 8 with 1492 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:14 - Apr 8 by Azzuriswan

After being at the match last Saturday and witnessing an end of season kick about from much of the team I would not have Yates anywhere near the team. He is playing with what seems to be no confidence is it a couldnt care less attitude./ Give a couple of youngsters a start who knows what can happen?

I actually think it’s basic lack of professional pride with him.
He is not working at his game,for sure .

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:53 - Apr 8 with 1268 viewsjack247

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:14 - Apr 8 by Azzuriswan

The Yates bit 100%.

Start of the season he was making runs, hassling defenders, getting outmuscled but not backing down.

Now he looks like his confidence is shot to pieces. He’s slow to react, almost like he’s not fully focused, doesn’t close down as much/as aggressively and doesn’t seem to relish the physical battle.

I wouldn’t be throwing untried youngsters in yet. I’d be starting with Cullen or Lowe. Beat Stoke or Rotherham and there’s nothing to lose by doing it.
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 17:55 - Apr 8 with 1202 viewsvetchonian

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 15:53 - Apr 8 by jack247

The Yates bit 100%.

Start of the season he was making runs, hassling defenders, getting outmuscled but not backing down.

Now he looks like his confidence is shot to pieces. He’s slow to react, almost like he’s not fully focused, doesn’t close down as much/as aggressively and doesn’t seem to relish the physical battle.

I wouldn’t be throwing untried youngsters in yet. I’d be starting with Cullen or Lowe. Beat Stoke or Rotherham and there’s nothing to lose by doing it.

I remember when Tosh was forced into playing our very talented youngsters when we were in a relegation battle that didn't go well.
I'm all for blooding our youngsters but not in games where the oppostion will be fighting for their lives and we need to win too.
These players showed intent at Hull and against Cardiff they should do again on Wednesday...if not the club should take some actions against them

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 18:45 - Apr 8 with 1132 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 17:55 - Apr 8 by vetchonian

I remember when Tosh was forced into playing our very talented youngsters when we were in a relegation battle that didn't go well.
I'm all for blooding our youngsters but not in games where the oppostion will be fighting for their lives and we need to win too.
These players showed intent at Hull and against Cardiff they should do again on Wednesday...if not the club should take some actions against them

Few of our first team players will fight for anything

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 19:29 - Apr 8 with 1085 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kyrrel Wilson back from injury at Fleetwood. I would expect to see him get a run out in the first team once up to speed. U21. lost their way for a while but old head Cotterill got them back in the groove with Glory featuring up top.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:10 - Apr 9 with 903 viewscontroversial_jack

Let's get a few more points first. We are in the shit, so talk about trying out young kids with no experience in a tight relegation fight is bizarre
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:58 - Apr 9 with 875 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:10 - Apr 9 by controversial_jack

Let's get a few more points first. We are in the shit, so talk about trying out young kids with no experience in a tight relegation fight is bizarre

Persisting with a striker who has scored one in twenty is bizarre, when a hungry striker in the academy could do a lot better.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 873 viewsjackrmee

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:53 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

I actually think it’s basic lack of professional pride with him.
He is not working at his game,for sure .

As opposed to the rest of the team 😜

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:02 - Apr 9 with 865 viewsjackrmee

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 17:55 - Apr 8 by vetchonian

Totally agree.
These players have proved how much effort they can give.
If they refuse to do that in another match this season, then they need sacking, fining, flogging, fk knows.

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:09 - Apr 9 with 860 viewsjackrmee

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:58 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

Persisting with a striker who has scored one in twenty is bizarre, when a hungry striker in the academy could do a lot better.

I don’t think he will persist with Yates now.
If he does, it will be because of this weeks training/punishments/excuses, which will have to be good to bring LW around from the mess he was post match.

If Yates starts and doesn’t show any difference yet again, maybe then I will start questioning the manager more.

And not just Yates. Most the players actually.

I am expecting a few changes, not wholesale this week, but a huge change in attitude. If it doesn’t come, I will then admit that the players aren’t doing what the manager wants and are absolute arseholes, but will also have to admit that Williams is probably out of his depth with this squad.
I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but maybe is totally inept at giving mediocre players any confidence 🤷‍♂️

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:59 - Apr 9 with 832 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:09 - Apr 9 by jackrmee

I don’t think he will persist with Yates now.
If he does, it will be because of this weeks training/punishments/excuses, which will have to be good to bring LW around from the mess he was post match.

If Yates starts and doesn’t show any difference yet again, maybe then I will start questioning the manager more.

And not just Yates. Most the players actually.

I am expecting a few changes, not wholesale this week, but a huge change in attitude. If it doesn’t come, I will then admit that the players aren’t doing what the manager wants and are absolute arseholes, but will also have to admit that Williams is probably out of his depth with this squad.
I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but maybe is totally inept at giving mediocre players any confidence 🤷‍♂️

Good posting.
Think we have all woken up to our reality now.
It’s all about survival this season.
It always was.
A clear out is what we need
I’d be quite optimistic if we saw sense and flogged Grimes,Wood and loaned out Yates .

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 828 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 09:59 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

Good posting.
Think we have all woken up to our reality now.
It’s all about survival this season.
It always was.
A clear out is what we need
I’d be quite optimistic if we saw sense and flogged Grimes,Wood and loaned out Yates .

Fisher?
🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 11:17 - Apr 9 with 787 viewsunion_jack

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 08:58 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

I can’t disagree with your comment on Yates BUT the academy players are not going to have the confidence or presence to be better in my opinion. It’s asking too much if them against seasoned pros. And yes, again, Yates isn’t the answer either but I’d rather throw him under the bus than a young promising U21.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 11:17 - Apr 9 with 787 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 10:20 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Fisher?

Beautiful

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 12:55 - Apr 9 with 732 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Should Williams play the academy players ? on 11:17 - Apr 9 by union_jack

I can’t disagree with your comment on Yates BUT the academy players are not going to have the confidence or presence to be better in my opinion. It’s asking too much if them against seasoned pros. And yes, again, Yates isn’t the answer either but I’d rather throw him under the bus than a young promising U21.

I was more referring to some to replace Yates primarily. But yes, nobody wants to see a whole load of them included.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024