Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another sponsor bites the dust 22:32 - Apr 25 with 3860 viewswombat

I see that our present sponsor convivia went belly up in feb this year , did wonder why no fanfare with the new sponsors for next season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 660 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:32 - Apr 25 by Bakes

Looked further into it, The Ashville group is still doing well but the aggregates company that sponsored us was liquidated.

From what I can see they're still going strong. There was some concern around the future of the company as the site it operates on is leased and the freeholder sold up. The new owners wanted to triple the rent which AA couldn't afford. Fortunately, they recently secured a new plot on Network Rail land immediately behind the current site.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:49 - Apr 26 with 603 viewsE17hoop

Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:32 - Apr 26 by Lblock

I work in the central London and West End fit out market

I think we’re coming to the end of the post COVID uptick where companies downsized, reshaped and invested in IT solutions
That’s combined with general economic issues

Don’t get me wrong, I’m bang up for WFH myself as my role allows it and I was doing it long before the pandemic. However if you’ve less people going into the office you have less need for companies to be investing in new office space, less travel for business so less hotels and other spin off industries being supported.

I don’t think Construction is on its arse (yet) but in my bit of the sector there’s a definite downturn
I’m sure we’ll be fine as there is still a noted skills shortage and once the interest rate drops I’m sure speculative development will pick up again.
I could do with it ticking along for 18 months more when I can then either retire or semi retire

There's real debate in the circles I work on this.

Canary Wharf is at 80% of pre-Covid levels...on Thursdays only. Every other day is significantly down and the whole market for West End and City is c.30% short of pre-Covid levels. There's a general acceptance this is probably the best it's ever going to be now; people have decided time commuting is wasted and expect more from work than they had before.

This presents some interesting issues for UK pension funds. A lot of traditional pension funds are in land and office space and the dividends on these will suffer in the long term - there has to be a major shift in pension funding in the future.

They recognise this in the US and the Return to Office (RTO) is much louder and insisted upon.

There are a couple of interesting books on this stuff for anyone interested - The Nowhere Office and Working Assumptions by Julia Hobsbawm are excellent reads on how work is now and peeks into what it might be.

I'd also strongly recommend Unf*cking Work: How to Fix it for Good by Neil Usher - a QPR fan who has been in this space for years.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 571 viewsParkRoyalR

Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:28 - Apr 26 by Benny_the_Ball

From what I can see they're still going strong. There was some concern around the future of the company as the site it operates on is leased and the freeholder sold up. The new owners wanted to triple the rent which AA couldn't afford. Fortunately, they recently secured a new plot on Network Rail land immediately behind the current site.

Still going strong?

Not sure about that when you look at their numbers.

Minimal net worth and working capital.

Wish him well, like Roy is a grafter, but maybe our lot should do their 'fit & proper' due diligence before agreeing to these sponsorship deals.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 15:18 - Apr 26 with 465 viewsQPR_Jim

Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:32 - Apr 26 by Lblock

I work in the central London and West End fit out market

I think we’re coming to the end of the post COVID uptick where companies downsized, reshaped and invested in IT solutions
That’s combined with general economic issues

Don’t get me wrong, I’m bang up for WFH myself as my role allows it and I was doing it long before the pandemic. However if you’ve less people going into the office you have less need for companies to be investing in new office space, less travel for business so less hotels and other spin off industries being supported.

I don’t think Construction is on its arse (yet) but in my bit of the sector there’s a definite downturn
I’m sure we’ll be fine as there is still a noted skills shortage and once the interest rate drops I’m sure speculative development will pick up again.
I could do with it ticking along for 18 months more when I can then either retire or semi retire

Apologies, didn't realise that you were in fit out, must be a massive factor. We've had a downturn in commercial work too but we're able to be topped up with other markets (Schools recently) and have a load of survey work if all else fails.

On WFH generally I keep going around in circles, I don't mind it but equally my commute isn't too bad so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I ended up back in 5 days a week (nearly all my team were happy to do that pre pandemic). The people who aren't performing well currently, historically always performed badly, so I don't blame WFH I just think they need to be put on a performance improvement plan but alas not my call. I've firmly been of the mindset that if they can't improve we should replace them but then we have trouble hiring as it is so taking flexible working out of it will only make things worse.

I also wonder what it's doing for development of younger staff as well, we have an apprentice in the office on his own today as we all WFH on a Friday and he can't. Not ideal.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 454 viewsNorthernr

Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:59 - Apr 26 by ParkRoyalR

Still going strong?

Wish him well, like Roy is a grafter, but maybe our lot should do their 'fit & proper' due diligence before agreeing to these sponsorship deals.

Hope we get the money up front.

Very much seems to be Homer Simpson's bodyguard training. "You without doubt the worst, laziest most useless group of potential shirt sponsors it's ever been my misfortune to set eyes on. But, your cheques all cleared, so you're in..."
Another sponsor bites the dust on 17:32 - Apr 26 with 231 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Another sponsor bites the dust on 13:59 - Apr 26 by ParkRoyalR

Still going strong?

I was referring to Ashville, not Convivia. The latter has been dissolved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024