Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one? 18:51 - Jan 3 with 2014 viewsQPRBrian

Two things about our two most recent games that others may of missed....
1) On the Setanta commetary re. Arsenal all the talk about Vermallen being booked instead of Kocinesky was that Verm could feasibly be sent off for one more yellow yet neglected the equally pertinent point that if Kocinesky was booked he would remian on the pitch when he should be off!! They all fcking kept on about poor old Vem when i'm shouting at the laptop ( it's used to it by now..) what about if that cnt Kocinesky is booked, he'll stay on the pitch......FFS!
2) The foul on Barton by the Norwich no.17 that finally brought play to an end prior to Barton getting sent off, that's at least a yellow right? Just hacked at his ankles, no card and no comment on it by MOTD, papers etc. Now I seemed to be one of very few who saw the whole Barton/ Johnson icident as I could see it brewing but everyone saw the 17 chop down Barton didn't they, including the ref and linesman?
Am I the only one? on 20:02 - Jan 3 with 1905 viewsnadera78

Yep and yep.
Am I the only one? on 20:04 - Jan 3 with 1897 viewsBlackCrowe

Jah und jah.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Am I the only one? on 20:18 - Jan 3 with 1882 viewsMedwayR

Your point about Barton did occur to me too, in fact there was potential for a few bookings there.

1) Whitbread is out of position & pulling Barton back, Whitbread could've be booked if seen by (a very pedantic) ref or lino.
2) While throwing his arm out to break free from Whitbread Barton catches Johnson, who then kicks out at Barton, Johnson should've have been booked.
3) Going head-to-head often results in both players getting a yellow card, this is what should've happened.
4) Johnson then play-acts, should've been booked for simulation.
5) Play continues, Bennett then hacks down Barton & QPR are given a free-kick. Should've been a yellow card for Bennett.

So in the passage of play that resulted in Barton being sent off there are 3 incidents for which Johnson should've been booked, one for Bennett to be booked, and one for Barton to be booked. On top of that another Norwich player should've been booked early on for hacking down Barton. They blatantly targeted Barton & the ref wasn't smart/quick enough to clamp down on it.

Poll: Who’s better?

Am I the only one? on 20:27 - Jan 3 with 1854 viewsBlackCrowe

Having just seen Agger con the ref into giving a free kick outside the Man Citeh box, I am beginning to think this game called football is utterly fcked. Used to be 50% ability, 40% graft and 10% histrionics. Now seems to be split equally three ways.

It's crap. And it's the FAs fault.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Am I the only one? on 20:29 - Jan 3 with 1844 viewsMedwayR

I'm going to add to the original post...

3) Why have match officials started giving decisions based on reputation rather than the actual incident that takes place?!? Lampard should've been sent off, admitted as much himself, but general consensus is that he only got a yellow because he has a reputation as a clean player. Barton shouldn't have been sent off but was given a red card despite the officials not seeing the incident no doubt partly because off his reputation as a trouble maker. Lampard deserves his reputation as a clean player, and Barton probably deserves his too, at least to some extent, but their reputations should have no bearing on a referees decision.

Poll: Who’s better?

Am I the only one? on 00:29 - Jan 4 with 1733 viewsHollowayRanger

Am I the only one? on 20:29 - Jan 3 by MedwayR

3) Why have match officials started giving decisions based on reputation rather than the actual incident that takes place?!? Lampard should've been sent off, admitted as much himself, but general consensus is that he only got a yellow because he has a reputation as a clean player. Barton shouldn't have been sent off but was given a red card despite the officials not seeing the incident no doubt partly because off his reputation as a trouble maker. Lampard deserves his reputation as a clean player, and Barton probably deserves his too, at least to some extent, but their reputations should have no bearing on a referees decision.

AND by being sent off barton only adds fuel to his tainted reputation

BY NO FAULT OF HIS OWN!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Am I the only one? on 00:32 - Jan 4 with 1727 viewsWatford_Ranger

The foul by Lappin on Barton from behind was probably the worst of the lot. Only warranted a stiff talking to.
Am I the only one? on 06:39 - Jan 4 with 1670 viewswestberksr

Am I the only one? on 00:32 - Jan 4 by Watford_Ranger

The foul by Lappin on Barton from behind was probably the worst of the lot. Only warranted a stiff talking to.

Bennetts foul was by far the worst; the ball had gone and he simply kicked Barton where he was standing. That was worthy of a straight red on it's own.

funny that the ref blew up for that & then pulled the game back around 15 seconds and it ends up a free kick for the carrot crunchers.

ref should be banned; not Barton
Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one? on 06:49 - Jan 4 with 1661 viewsroyallen0

Am I the only one? on 20:29 - Jan 3 by MedwayR

They haven't just started - they've been doing it for years. Balotelli's red card at Anfield was another good example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024