Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM? 17:16 - Jan 21 with 2781 viewsade_qpr

going for Buzz great free kick and another cracker of a shot but some good passes and helped win midfield
honorable mentions HH lead the line, pen but miss pen
SWP great 1st half bits and pieces 2nd
Barton had moments

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

MOM? on 17:21 - Jan 21 with 1751 viewsQPR_Nippon

Yep, I'd agree with all of that. Buzz had another decent free kick saved too.

My ratings:

Kenny 6, Young 7, Hill 6, Ferdinand 7, Hall 6, SWP 7, Barton 7, Buzsaky *8, Mackie 6, Helguson 7, Campbell 6 subs: Smith 7, Derry 6
MOM? on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 1741 viewscheeseydane

Hard to argue with any of that.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

MOM? on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 1739 viewsWeaverQPR

I thought Mackie done well always causing their back four grief. Good to see Buzsaky doing well.

@WeavQPR

MOM? on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 1721 viewsTrom

Buzz for me but I thought Barton had a very good game as a holding midfielder.
MOM? on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 1720 viewsA40Bosh

MOM? on 17:21 - Jan 21 by QPR_Nippon

My ratings:

Kenny 6, Young 7, Hill 6, Ferdinand 7, Hall 6, SWP 7, Barton 7, Buzsaky *8, Mackie 6, Helguson 7, Campbell 6 subs: Smith 7, Derry 6

If I was Clive then the LFW Official Match Report would be entitled
" The Buzz Returns to Loftus Road"

In more ways than one.

Early days but thought he was like a man reborn today, brimming with confidence and that volley which he tee'd up via a mis-controlled first touch would have been a contender if Al Habsi had not saved it.

Really put a smile on my face that result.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

MOM? on 17:31 - Jan 21 with 1691 viewsDevonWhite

MOM? on 17:21 - Jan 21 by QPR_Nippon

My ratings:

I'd agree with all of those except perhaps Barton who maybe deserved a 6. He gave the ball away a fair bit at times.

Very encouraging performance in general.
MOM? on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 1664 viewsTrom

MOM? on 17:31 - Jan 21 by DevonWhite

I'd agree with all of those except perhaps Barton who maybe deserved a 6. He gave the ball away a fair bit at times.

I couldn't disagree more about Barton. His defensive play allowed Buzz thee freedom to go forward. This difference between Buzz/Barton today and Buzz/Derry on Tuesday was massive for me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
MOM? on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 1649 viewsDevonWhite

MOM? on 17:35 - Jan 21 by Trom

I couldn't disagree more about Barton. His defensive play allowed Buzz thee freedom to go forward. This difference between Buzz/Barton today and Buzz/Derry on Tuesday was massive for me.

The midfield was definitely much improved, so that's probably a fair point.
Login to get fewer ads

MOM? on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 1643 viewscheeseydane

We certainly were more agadoo in central midfield today.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

MOM? on 17:39 - Jan 21 with 1643 viewsstuabd

Buzz or HH for me. The amount of work HH gets through up front is impressive to say the least. As Dave Mc said tonight the ability has already been there for Buz, so hopefully he can kick on now.
MOM? on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 1627 viewsQPR_Nippon

Harsh! You're marking Joey B down for his twittering;)

That was the best he's played for months. One or 2 mis-placed passes I grant you, but overall did a fine job breaking up play, mostly kept possession well and he and Akos had the middle of the park sewn up for the most part.

Massive improvement on Shaun D I'm sorry to say, regardless of what you think of them both as people.
MOM? on 17:43 - Jan 21 with 1613 viewsBlackCrowe

Buzz without a doubt for the 2nd game running. Oh Neil, why didn't you use him, it may have been all so different.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

MOM? on 17:49 - Jan 21 with 1575 viewswombat

MOM? on 17:43 - Jan 21 by BlackCrowe

Buzz without a doubt for the 2nd game running. Oh Neil, why didn't you use him, it may have been all so different.

Buzz for me only mis placed passes Barton had all after noon were to over hit passes down the channels. That's about it I'm affraid

Poll: which is your favouite foot

MOM? on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 1555 viewsTheBlob

Yup Buzz also.Bench were allover him when he came off.

SWP had a good solid game,close second for me.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

MOM? on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 1528 viewsRangersAreBack

Nonsense. Barton was very good today, answering his critics in the best way possible.
MOM? on 17:55 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsRangersAreBack

Buzz was great today. His omission is yet another reason why Warnock deserved to go.
MOM? on 17:56 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsDevonWhite

MOM? on 17:41 - Jan 21 by QPR_Nippon

Harsh! You're marking Joey B down for his twittering;)

That was the best he's played for months. One or 2 mis-placed passes I grant you, but overall did a fine job breaking up play, mostly kept possession well and he and Akos had the middle of the park sewn up for the most part.

Massive improvement on Shaun D I'm sorry to say, regardless of what you think of them both as people.

Fair points. I think perhaps I was expecting him to boss the game a bit more, but you're right, he got his head down and was quietly effective alongside Buzz.
MOM? on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 1507 viewsRangersAreBack

MOM? Mark Hughes.
MOM? on 17:59 - Jan 21 with 1500 viewsJamie

Buzsaky
MOM? on 18:11 - Jan 21 with 1445 viewsEalingHoop81

Buz for me. Good passing throughout, decent composure on the ball and a fabulous goal. Also tracked back well and made an excellent sliding tacke in the second half.

Agree with the earlier rating s except for Mackie. Yes he makes some good runs and regulalatly beats his man but where is the end product? In the second half he must have been through on goal or at least free of figueroa running towards the box 5 times and every time we lost the ball, barring one lucky corner. He simply takes too long to control a ball and then never looks up. Fantastic championship player and can be a decent squad player but let's get SWP on the right and someone else on the left - Traire or Tarbs in a couple of weeks.

Overall an excellent result and what delighted me was the obvious team spirit, look at how they all celebrated the goals. No disrespect intended but replace Hill, Hall ad Mackie and I think we'll have a very competitive prem side.
MOM? on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 1408 viewskropotkin41

Only watched it online, but I'd have to go for Buz as well; I thought he was really good in midfield: energetic and won lots of the ball as well as chances and goal.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

MOM? on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 1357 viewsblavod

I thought HH was great today - never stopped working for 90 mins, and was a real handful for their defence. Won the 2nd penalty and if that first time shot from the angle had gone in it would have been even better than Tommy's goal.

Buzz was fantastic but faded in the 2nd half
MOM? on 18:28 - Jan 21 with 1351 viewspomanjou

Can we play with Barton, Buzz and Ali in the same team? I suspect not. Who would not play?

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

MOM? on 18:42 - Jan 21 with 1285 viewsblavod

MOM? on 18:28 - Jan 21 by pomanjou

Can we play with Barton, Buzz and Ali in the same team? I suspect not. Who would not play?

Yes Baton can play wide - Newcastle fans would say he had is best season when he played on the wing
MOM? on 18:44 - Jan 21 with 1279 viewsbaz_qpr

Buzz for me too , to answer Poms question Buzz wide right, and he is worth his place just for set pieces. However he still looks a bit unfit and a bit slow.

My Scores would be

Kenny 6
Hill 7
Hall 7
Ferdinand 7
Young 6
SWP 7
Barton 7
Buzz 8
Mackie 7
Helgusson 8
Campbell 7

Smith 7
Derry na

Was unsure about the sub putting SWP upfront as it put us on the backfoot but Tommy Smith got the goal so I guess I cant complain
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024