Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally, we don't have to make do... 09:29 - Feb 4 with 1693 viewscarlosthebulb

"Making do" has been the motto of this season for me. At the start of the season we went into the game vs Bolton anticipating a potential buy out and possible investment whilst cautious about our chances. Losing that one told us the stark reality of not strengthening and although we enjoyed a surprise win at Everton, a further defeat v a poor Wigan side meant we had to make do until the next few days when the likes of Barton & SWP arrived.

We then ran out of time for NW to properly strengthen our attack even though HH stepped up and we weren't doing too badly by the time we won at Stoke. Such a great win that one. But in our minds we always knew we'd have to make do until january's window opening and worryingly our form dipped dramatically resulting in management changes. Even before Hughes arrival we still had to make do with over 3 weeks of inactivity in the window whilst we supposedly haggled for deals, with results and performances hitting new lows. Macheda had arrived but that barely registered amidst talk of proper targets being attained by Warnock himself and seemingly the whole Rangers board via twitter.

So, Hughes arrived and for an agonising week or so he quite rightly had to assess his new squad whilst we were all pulling our hair out urging the board to sign anyone. Even when the cheque book was finally ripped open, we still had to make do without our two African Nations players whilst thinking what they were doing out there in the first place as both Morrocco and Senegal bombed out at the opening stages.

Everyone happy? Still we went into the Villa game making do without our star new signing Zamora plus Taarabt and Traore getting a good point despite leading 2-0 at one stage. So now we come into the Wolves game and finally I'm not saying we're making do without such and such. All present and correct and the wave of optimism, well in my house anyway, is palpable. So come on my team, my new look team, let's get such a vital 3 points today.

Of course, to finish this post I guess it's creditable to acknowledge that we are still making do without arguably our best player - Ale Faurlin. Always something isn't there...?
Finally, we don't have to make do... on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 1678 viewspeejaybee

Its to early in the morning for sound sensible posts like that.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Finally, we don't have to make do... on 09:49 - Feb 4 with 1647 viewsQPR_John

Of course we are still going to have to make do for the rest of the season without arguably our best player Faurlin
Finally, we don't have to make do... on 10:16 - Feb 4 with 1621 viewsEalingRanger

Finally, we don't have to make do... on 09:49 - Feb 4 by QPR_John

Of course we are still going to have to make do for the rest of the season without arguably our best player Faurlin

By far the biggest lost and the thing that may ultimately cost us, still with the investment we've had it should be enough to keep us up.
Finally, we don't have to make do... on 10:16 - Feb 4 with 1617 viewspomanjou

Good analysis Carlos.

I'm also a big fan of Faurlin and have been since his arrival. I initially said he had class but needed to to get match fit as he was off the pace. Well, he got match fit but still looked slow right until the end of last season. I then said he was well qualified for the Prem subject to having speed lessons. He took no notice whatsoever and still looks laboured but who cares . I'm a good judge of donkey droppings..............Whatever he lacks in pace he makes up for in brain power and class.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Finally, we don't have to make do... on 10:56 - Feb 4 with 1562 viewsPizanti

Funny old game football ...we haven't lost since Faurlin got injured (I'm refusing to accept Sturridge getting blown over in the box as a defeat!)

Anyway I suppose today we have to make do without our new superstar midfielder from Mali!
Finally, we don't have to make do... on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 1484 viewscarlosthebulb

Finally, we don't have to make do... on 09:49 - Feb 4 by QPR_John

I thought I mentioned that...
Finally, we don't have to make do... on 12:35 - Feb 4 with 1474 viewsBazWoT

Finally, we don't have to make do... on 10:56 - Feb 4 by Pizanti

Funny old game football ...we haven't lost since Faurlin got injured (I'm refusing to accept Sturridge getting blown over in the box as a defeat!)

Anyway I suppose today we have to make do without our new superstar midfielder from Mali!

Newcastle

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024