Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt 17:03 - Feb 3 with 2926 viewsNov77

Mark Hughes insists Adel Taarabt can play a major part in helping QPR avoid relegation this season.

The Morocco international returned from the Africa Cup of Nations this week, and is in line to feature in the crucial Premier League match against Wolves at Loftus Road tomorrow afternoon.

Taarabt has endured a frustrating season so far, but has insisted he wants to stay at the club and is set to play a major role under Hughes, with the manager hinting he could at times be switched to a left-sided midfield position.

“I think he’ll enjoy the work and the chance to get games. He’ll have an impact on games between now and the end of the year,” Hughes told London24.com.

“He’s a talented boy and we’ve got to make sure we use the ability he has got to the best effect. If we can do that then he will help us win games.

“You can play him just off the front, or on the left of the three, or even on the left-hand side of a four and allow him that freedom to know when he can drift in between the lines.

“Then it’s up to the rest of the team to find him in good areas. That’s what we’ll work on from now until the end of the season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:05 - Feb 3 with 2036 viewsNorthernr

Hmmmm, if he makes five starts between now and May I'll be surprised. Unless Hughes can discipline him and get a work rate out of him.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 1964 viewscheeseydane

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:05 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Hmmmm, if he makes five starts between now and May I'll be surprised. Unless Hughes can discipline him and get a work rate out of him.

The old sceptic in me agrees, but the newfound optimist thinks that AT may prove a few wrong and adapt his game (and mentality) now hes surrounded by a new manager, and better players.

But then, ive always been a sucker for romantiscism.

An important 4 months for him methinks.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:25 - Feb 3 with 1952 viewsjeffro

The most talented player we have had in years and years with a manager that wants to back him and we want "workrate" out of him..

No wonder the english game is where it is.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:30 - Feb 3 with 1910 viewsNov77

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:25 - Feb 3 by jeffro

The most talented player we have had in years and years with a manager that wants to back him and we want "workrate" out of him..

the only way we will stay up this year if someone starts creating some chances for our new strikers, with faurlin out, the only player we have capable of doing it is Adel. Our most important player for the remainder of the season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:32 - Feb 3 with 1900 viewsClive_Anderson

Totally agree.

The team wouldn't need to put in so much work if all the players were better at retaining the ball like Taarabt.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:32 - Feb 3 with 1895 viewsCHUBBS

Bang on,sadly the main focus for premier league players is athleticism and not skill and is one of the many reasons England will never win fa.
We just aren't good enough to carry any players in this division like we did in the Championship.
I really hope he starts him tomorrow and in all our remaining home games as he's by far our most creative player and we generally look predictable when he isn't playing.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:33 - Feb 3 with 1889 viewsrichranger

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:30 - Feb 3 by Nov77

the only way we will stay up this year if someone starts creating some chances for our new strikers, with faurlin out, the only player we have capable of doing it is Adel. Our most important player for the remainder of the season.

Interesting that Hughes considers using different formations to the 4-4-2 he's played so far...
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 1871 viewsNorthernr

Jeffro - let's list some common factors shared by the players Mark Hughes signed last week shall we?

- big
- atheltic
- powerful
- pacy
- muscular

His cards are on the table. Unless they're being brought in to act as Adel's on field body guards I can't see how he's going to feature as anything other than impact sub.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 1867 viewsjeffro

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:32 - Feb 3 by Clive_Anderson

Totally agree.

The team wouldn't need to put in so much work if all the players were better at retaining the ball like Taarabt.

This is what people dont understand , Adel has unbelieveable ability, I believe towards the end of NW's reign he already showed a willingness to work harder than before , this was evident against Man Utd and swansea etc.

If Adel had "workrate" he would have the lot and be at Barcelona.

Why so much like Mackie on here because he puts effort in, sad endicment of the average english football fan now im afraid.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:37 - Feb 3 with 1853 viewsjeffro

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Jeffro - let's list some common factors shared by the players Mark Hughes signed last week shall we?

- big
- atheltic
- powerful
- pacy
- muscular

His cards are on the table. Unless they're being brought in to act as Adel's on field body guards I can't see how he's going to feature as anything other than impact sub.

Yes I Agree but tthose attributes are there to compliment the likes of Adel.
Hughes has already pencilled in AT in a number of potential positions, which I think will work, eventually I expect to see him at the top of a diamond with Diakite holding.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:42 - Feb 3 with 1831 viewsNorthernr

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:37 - Feb 3 by jeffro

Yes I Agree but tthose attributes are there to compliment the likes of Adel.
Hughes has already pencilled in AT in a number of potential positions, which I think will work, eventually I expect to see him at the top of a diamond with Diakite holding.

Even though Hughes has never played a diamond, or anything other than a 442 in fact, in his entire managerial career with Wales, Blackburn, Man City and Fulham?

Listen these aren't my thoughts on Adel, these are my thoughts on Hughes. Look at what he did with his previous clubs and how they played, look at what he's done with our starting 11 so far, look at the signings he's made. None of it points to Adel being anything other than a game changing sub. And as for this interview, he's hardly going to sit there and say "show pony, impact sub at best" is he?
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:43 - Feb 3 with 1826 viewsNov77

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 by jeffro

This is what people dont understand , Adel has unbelieveable ability, I believe towards the end of NW's reign he already showed a willingness to work harder than before , this was evident against Man Utd and swansea etc.

Why so much like Mackie on here because he puts effort in, sad endicment of the average english football fan now im afraid.

I think a lot of people have cottoned onto mackie's lack of ability but there are still a few stragglers who still don't see it. Somebody said the other day he has 'nuisance value'. Talk about being damned with faint praise!
I've always said I would rather a talented player with a questionable attitude then a useless player with a great attitude.
Against villa with Hulse, Derry and mackie on the pitch it was a minor miracle we got a result, but not a surprise we couldn't retain possession.

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:45 - Feb 3 with 1805 viewsWrittler

sub in all 3 games for his country in the acn. Maybe we should be looking at the unbelievable talent keeping him out of the side! With clive on this one can see mh seeing him as too much of a luxury in a relegation scrap.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:45 - Feb 3 with 1804 viewsQPR_Jim

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 by jeffro

I don't think football fans have changed, we just want our team to win. If Mackie gives us more of a chance of winning despite being a worse footballer then we will happily see him in the line-up. Thats why Derry did so well last season and enjoyed the praise of the fans, not for his abilities on the ball. We'd all prefer to win pretty but given the choice of winning or good football I'd choose winning for now.

Personally I think Adel has shown his willing to work, he's also strong and holds onto the ball, all good attributes that should get him in the team but where exactly is anybodies guess. I'd play him as a second striker but we have two good one now so I'm not sure how he gets a game until at lease Diakite turns up to help shape the midifled into a diamond.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:48 - Feb 3 with 1795 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I have a lot of faith in Taraabt's ability, but we all know he needs the structure and guidance to make use of it. Warnocks plan was all or nothing. Freedom to play as an individual, captain's armband, team set up to cover his weaknesses. Warnock really hadn't a clue how to integrate him into a team. He broke the habit of a lifetime to sign him and just let him play.

MH is a more intelligent and thoughtful manager. He seems to be able to get the very best out of all sorts - Samba, Bentley, McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Tevez to name but a few. Taarabt will be an interesting puzzle for him. If he is a top manager he will solve it.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:49 - Feb 3 with 1788 viewsjeffro

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:42 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Even though Hughes has never played a diamond, or anything other than a 442 in fact, in his entire managerial career with Wales, Blackburn, Man City and Fulham?

Listen these aren't my thoughts on Adel, these are my thoughts on Hughes. Look at what he did with his previous clubs and how they played, look at what he's done with our starting 11 so far, look at the signings he's made. None of it points to Adel being anything other than a game changing sub. And as for this interview, he's hardly going to sit there and say "show pony, impact sub at best" is he?

Not saying he will play under Hughes all the time but he will force hughes hand into starting him if/when he performs like he can.

I think the interview gives a little more insight than you are seeing.
He could have said something along the lines of

" Adel is immensely talented but knows he needs to work hard to get a regular start etc"
We eould have all agreed, but he didnt he gave a glowing refernce almost.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:51 - Feb 3 with 1781 viewsNov77

Not sure how mackie gives us more of a chance of winning if he is a worse footballer, counterintuitive?
The problem is if you don't play Adel, our new strikers are going to be relying on Derry and mackie and SWP to create their chances.

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:52 - Feb 3 with 1774 viewsJonDoeman

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:51 - Feb 3 by Nov77

Not sure how mackie gives us more of a chance of winning if he is a worse footballer, counterintuitive?
The problem is if you don't play Adel, our new strikers are going to be relying on Derry and mackie and SWP to create their chances.

When you put it like that, we need him on the pitch!
SWP = Sh1te Wee Player

It Is What It Is !!

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:58 - Feb 3 with 1750 viewsCHUBBS

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:52 - Feb 3 by JonDoeman

SWP = Sh1te Wee Player

SWP is a very talented player but he's obviously very low on confidence right now.When he first came he was fantastic,playing at a level that Mackie could only dream about.
If we're gonna see the best of him again,we must play him in his rightfull position on the right cos he ain't no left winger!
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:58 - Feb 3 with 1750 viewswittle

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:52 - Feb 3 by JonDoeman

SWP = Sh1te Wee Player

mackie is worse
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 1743 viewsNorthernr

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:58 - Feb 3 by wittle

mackie is worse

interesting that for all the stick mackie is taking on here Neil Warnock picked him every week and Mark Hughes is doing the same.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 1739 viewsnadera78

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:32 - Feb 3 by Clive_Anderson

Totally agree.

Faurlin retains the ball. Taarabt hogs it.

There's a big difference. And I know which one Hughes values, and is more important to our team.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:07 - Feb 3 with 1718 viewswittle

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:02 - Feb 3 by Northernr

interesting that for all the stick mackie is taking on here Neil Warnock picked him every week and Mark Hughes is doing the same.

i know that what i said was mackie is a worse player than swp .one has ability but hasnt shown it yet,the other will run through brick walls all day long and has very little ability.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:09 - Feb 3 with 1710 viewsNov77

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:03 - Feb 3 by nadera78

Faurlin retains the ball. Taarabt hogs it.

There's a big difference. And I know which one Hughes values, and is more important to our team.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:10 - Feb 3 with 1702 viewsjeffro

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:02 - Feb 3 by Northernr

And you think thats through choice? We had noone else, now Traore & AT are back Mackie will be a sub at best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024