Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt 17:03 - Feb 3 with 2986 viewsNov77

Mark Hughes insists Adel Taarabt can play a major part in helping QPR avoid relegation this season.

The Morocco international returned from the Africa Cup of Nations this week, and is in line to feature in the crucial Premier League match against Wolves at Loftus Road tomorrow afternoon.

Taarabt has endured a frustrating season so far, but has insisted he wants to stay at the club and is set to play a major role under Hughes, with the manager hinting he could at times be switched to a left-sided midfield position.

“I think he’ll enjoy the work and the chance to get games. He’ll have an impact on games between now and the end of the year,” Hughes told London24.com.

“He’s a talented boy and we’ve got to make sure we use the ability he has got to the best effect. If we can do that then he will help us win games.

“You can play him just off the front, or on the left of the three, or even on the left-hand side of a four and allow him that freedom to know when he can drift in between the lines.

“Then it’s up to the rest of the team to find him in good areas. That’s what we’ll work on from now until the end of the season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:14 - Feb 3 with 879 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:03 - Feb 3 by nadera78

Faurlin retains the ball. Taarabt hogs it.

There's a big difference. And I know which one Hughes values, and is more important to our team.

If so how do you explain the 16 assists Taarabt accumulated last season and the 2 assists Faurlin managed?

Taarabts problem is not wanting to hog the ball. His problem is knowing when to stick and when to twist imo.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:16 - Feb 3 with 876 viewsJamie

Said in the summer Taarabt wouldn't make it in the Prem for us and I stick by that, especially with Hughes' big athletic ethos.

Fully expect us to start most matches:

SWP--Barton--Diakite--Traore

As for Mackie again being slated, I still think he has a role to play, of only for legs to play out games.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:31 - Feb 3 with 856 viewsted_hendrix

I'm looking forward so much too seeing AT on the pitch and in a QPR shirt again.

One thing MH won't stand for though is any bolox from him though, there won't be any fcking off at half time nonsense.

New Manager, new regime AT will I think be in his element.

Take a quick peek at the bottom 8 or so clubs in this league, on his day AT could rip they're defences apart.

It's like having a new signing

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:34 - Feb 3 with 852 viewsnadera78

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:14 - Feb 3 by Spaghetti_Hoops

If so how do you explain the 16 assists Taarabt accumulated last season and the 2 assists Faurlin managed?

Taarabts problem is not wanting to hog the ball. His problem is knowing when to stick and when to twist imo.

Faurlin has less assists because so much of his work is in deeper positions. He works his knackers off (often this season playing virtually on his own in midfield) and when he gets the ball he takes his time, looks for sensible options, and retains possession for his team. He keeps us ticking over, and without him our midfield has looked League One standard in recent weeks.

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:39 - Feb 3 with 846 viewswittle

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:34 - Feb 3 by nadera78

Faurlin has less assists because so much of his work is in deeper positions. He works his knackers off (often this season playing virtually on his own in midfield) and when he gets the ball he takes his time, looks for sensible options, and retains possession for his team. He keeps us ticking over, and without him our midfield has looked League One standard in recent weeks.

totally different kinds of players not fair to compare them
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:43 - Feb 3 with 844 viewsGetMeRangers

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:02 - Feb 3 by Northernr

interesting that for all the stick mackie is taking on here Neil Warnock picked him every week and Mark Hughes is doing the same.

I must have missed something... remind me what were the great options he had?
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 841 viewsNorthernr

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:43 - Feb 3 by GetMeRangers

I must have missed something... remind me what were the great options he had?

Well for October, November and December Warnock could have been picking Taarabt instead of him for a start. Or Tommy Smith.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 830 viewsGetMeRangers

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:44 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Well for October, November and December Warnock could have been picking Taarabt instead of him for a start. Or Tommy Smith.

Not sure about you, but I got the feeling that things were not right in Adel's head at those times. To be honest, given his knowledge of players, he may well have decided that the TF dream was not going to form into much.

However, i seriously believe that the bigger, stronger players we have now, let alone appearing to be more intelligent, will suit Adel well. Personally I am delighte to see MH's statement. He would be a foul to not try and exploit Adels talent and to mention that the rest of the team needs to fit around him... its has worked before and can again

Call me sad, but last seson I got myself overdrawn paying to watch Adel, with my nippers... and will do it again. I think that Cisse and Adel are a match made... Adel likes a player who can run onto his clever threw balls and he was much improved before he left for ANC (perhaps so he could get a transfer, but that is adel for you)

If he is committed and MH and his team can work him well (and that includes buttering his ego with statements like this) then it excited me that we might see that talent play regularly in Hoops

Sorry, I am just obsessed with Adel!

Will return to my hopes later... must dash home to get ready to move house... grrr... cant be there tomorrow, but at least glad to help QPRDan from NZ get tickets and his daughters LR debut.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 19:23 - Feb 3 with 805 viewswombat

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:53 - Feb 3 by GetMeRangers

Not sure about you, but I got the feeling that things were not right in Adel's head at those times. To be honest, given his knowledge of players, he may well have decided that the TF dream was not going to form into much.

However, i seriously believe that the bigger, stronger players we have now, let alone appearing to be more intelligent, will suit Adel well. Personally I am delighte to see MH's statement. He would be a foul to not try and exploit Adels talent and to mention that the rest of the team needs to fit around him... its has worked before and can again

Call me sad, but last seson I got myself overdrawn paying to watch Adel, with my nippers... and will do it again. I think that Cisse and Adel are a match made... Adel likes a player who can run onto his clever threw balls and he was much improved before he left for ANC (perhaps so he could get a transfer, but that is adel for you)

If he is committed and MH and his team can work him well (and that includes buttering his ego with statements like this) then it excited me that we might see that talent play regularly in Hoops

Sorry, I am just obsessed with Adel!

Will return to my hopes later... must dash home to get ready to move house... grrr... cant be there tomorrow, but at least glad to help QPRDan from NZ get tickets and his daughters LR debut.

Simple fact is this , if MH gets Adel playing and feeding cisse and Zamora the sort of balls they need we will stay up if he fails we are going down , I honestly think Adel will thrive playing with players
I've Zamora and cisse both have great movement and instead of having one player to look to feed and occupy defenders there will be two creating more space for Adel to utilise and exploit , first time I've ever looked forward to a wolves game Tom , get this right and we could tear them a new one

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 19:57 - Feb 3 with 773 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:34 - Feb 3 by nadera78

Faurlin is a fine player but I have to tell you when Faurlin and Derry had the ball on the edge of the opponents box, which they did a lot last season, attacks ground to a halt. Nothing became of them. Gorkks and Connolly between them had more assists than Faurlin and Derry.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 720 viewsingeminate

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:02 - Feb 3 by Northernr

interesting that for all the stick mackie is taking on here Neil Warnock picked him every week and Mark Hughes is doing the same.

Mackie has done comfortably more for us this season than SWP, he gets dogs abuse on here which I struggle to fathom mainly because he is playing near the top of his potential whereas SWP is playing at nowhere near his potential - I don't think anyone believes that at their respective bests SWP is not the better player. SWP#s talent coupled with Mackie's desire and belief would be superb.

Re Adel -Northern do you not think in him most recent games his work rate and willingness to track back dramatically improved?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 716 viewsQPeteR

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:44 - Feb 3 by Northernr

And our bad run coincided with this dropping of tarbs and the inclusion of jamie as he came back from injury. Up until then we had been holding our own.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 21:32 - Feb 3 with 700 viewsCHUBBS

I don't think you can belie the current predicament we find our selves to the bad form/ability of one player.
We are down at the bottom of the league because our team is not good enough.
Our expectations again have been unrealistic when you consider we were ill equipped to be promoted last season.We have now found ourselves thrown in at the deep end with a championship mid table squad(excluding a couple of diamonds)and yet we still expected them to go to Craven Cottage and roll them over.
Warnock was left with little time to strengthen and we've been playing catchup ever since.If these players we have signed hit the ground running like Cisse then we have a decent chance of staying up.Otherwise we're f@cked!
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 22:44 - Feb 3 with 662 viewsW12_Ranger

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 17:34 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Jeffro - let's list some common factors shared by the players Mark Hughes signed last week shall we?

- big
- atheltic
- powerful
- pacy
- muscular

His cards are on the table. Unless they're being brought in to act as Adel's on field body guards I can't see how he's going to feature as anything other than impact sub.

Well adel is big, powerful and has a lot of lower body strength.

Seriously....skill aside how often do you see him get pushed off the ball?

I wouldn't call him slow either but regardless you don't need to be Usain Bolt when you can drop a shoulder and lose 3 men

His attitude this season has been piss poor but its a clean slate with a new manager could see him pull up his socks and there were positive signs beforethe ANC.

So I think you're wrong MH can accommodate Taarabt, but Adel will need to adapt his game and I would not be surprise to see him start by the time we play Blackburn after MH has had a proper look. We have no creativity in the team at all without AT and we really need that.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 23:10 - Feb 3 with 647 viewsNorthernr

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 21:21 - Feb 3 by QPeteR

And our bad run coincided with this dropping of tarbs and the inclusion of jamie as he came back from injury. Up until then we had been holding our own.

No our bad run coincided with a run of eight fixtures that included chelsea, man utd, man city, liverpool, spurs, stoke, norwich a.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 23:20 - Feb 3 with 650 viewsswisscottage

Hughes will play Taarabt.

The saying in this case is 'The best for of defense is attack!'.

With Adel Cisse and Zamora playing in advanced positions, with both Cisse and Zamora running defenses all over the place, and Taarabt able to do what he does, teams will not commit as many men forward as they have been in recent weeks.

Cisse's presence will cause teams to play deep to nullify his pace. This will allow Taarabt the space in no mans land in which he thrives because Zamora will also require defensive attention.

Remembering back to the Newcastle game when SWP was playing on the right on his debut and we actually had movement between the attacking players he was also frightening defenses.

If the rpesence of those 4 players does not cause Mick McCarthy a sleepness night or two this week I'm not sure what will.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 23:35 - Feb 3 with 636 viewsade_qpr

wondered about a diamond with Adel top and especially if he comes and proves himself Samba holding. If MH doesn't play it so be it. Still think Adel has a role to play either as a LM or 2nd striker, remember injuries, poor form, cards and the T & T experiment on the left doesn't work out will all give Adel a chance to show he belongs in the Premier League.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 11:55 - Feb 4 with 558 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 18:03 - Feb 3 by nadera78

Faurlin retains the ball. Taarabt hogs it.

There's a big difference. And I know which one Hughes values, and is more important to our team.

Not the dumbest post a all Nov. You're just too thick to understand the difference.
QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 12:27 - Feb 4 with 538 viewsNov77

QPR boss gives his backing to Taarabt on 11:55 - Feb 4 by RangersAreBack

Not the dumbest post a all Nov. You're just too thick to understand the difference.

how to 'hog' the ball, lesson 1 (just for Rangersareback)

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024