Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zamora from the start 16:50 - Feb 9 with 1340 viewsstuabd

Maybe it would be a better idea (understatement) to start Zamora and then take him off when he's knackered. There's a fair chance we'd actually be in the game with him on the pitch from the start. Leaving him on the bench is a disaster waiting to happen as we'll never score.
Zamora from the start on 16:53 - Feb 9 with 1328 viewsCheshireR

I thought the same last week.
The first 45 minutes sets the tempo for the game. If he can't last 90 mins - then play him for the first 45.
It's called being positive.
Zamora from the start on 16:56 - Feb 9 with 1319 viewsQPR1882

But some on here were happy with todays starting line up and with Mackie up front

Zamora from the start on 16:58 - Feb 9 with 1299 viewsDylanP

Bobby seemed to be limping in the last 15 minutes. We were undoubtedly a better team with him on the pitch and he did some very good things. But it looks like he hasn't recovered fully yet

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Zamora from the start on 16:59 - Feb 9 with 1282 viewsstuabd

Zamora from the start on 16:53 - Feb 9 by CheshireR

I thought the same last week.
The first 45 minutes sets the tempo for the game. If he can't last 90 mins - then play him for the first 45.
It's called being positive.

Exactly. Zamora plays and we have at least a chance of scoring.
Zamora from the start on 17:00 - Feb 9 with 1273 viewswaveydave

He can only play 45mins due to injury or else his hip ceases up - Harry
Zamora from the start on 17:02 - Feb 9 with 1261 viewsstuabd

Zamora from the start on 17:00 - Feb 9 by waveydave

He can only play 45mins due to injury or else his hip ceases up - Harry

That's fair enough, but I'd rather have him on at the start. We might get a goal and then 'workrate' mackie can help us defend.
Zamora from the start on 17:16 - Feb 9 with 1223 viewsHollowayRanger

Zamora from the start on 17:02 - Feb 9 by stuabd

That's fair enough, but I'd rather have him on at the start. We might get a goal and then 'workrate' mackie can help us defend.

true

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Zamora from the start on 17:48 - Feb 9 with 1190 viewsolderR

Zamora from the start on 16:58 - Feb 9 by DylanP

Bobby seemed to be limping in the last 15 minutes. We were undoubtedly a better team with him on the pitch and he did some very good things. But it looks like he hasn't recovered fully yet

He's been limping/rubbing his hip every game.

If there is a chance of doing him permanent damage should he be playing no matter what our situation is?
Login to get fewer ads

Zamora from the start on 18:06 - Feb 9 with 1169 viewsBrazilNutR

If I ever played carrying a knock i always preferred starting, as if you need to go off, its not a big problem. If you come on 2nd half and then need to go off its a bit of a nightmare for the manager.... so again would make more sense for me that he plays from the start, and then at half time can decide what the damage is etc...
Zamora from the start on 18:35 - Feb 9 with 1150 viewsThaiHoop

Zamora from the start on 16:56 - Feb 9 by QPR1882

But some on here were happy with todays starting line up and with Mackie up front

Why do people saying that?! Mackie didn't play up front - adel was up front and Jamie was in midfield!!!

Oh - and I agree with the OP
Zamora from the start on 20:54 - Feb 9 with 1095 viewskropotkin41

I thought BZ did brilliantly today, but it looked to me from row E behind the goal that he was in pain pretty much immediately. I was honestly surprised he made it through the whole second half and still seemed to be running at the end........... but I bet he's feeling it tonight.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Zamora from the start on 23:49 - Feb 9 with 1055 viewsNeil_SI

He took his goal well and made a nuisance of himself as he did last week, but, it's still asking a lot of the players if they are going to adopt a percentage based approach and just hoof it up towards him.

And if that's how they're going to play then they need to get players supporting and popping up around him or springing off him for the lay offs, but that doesn't really happen to it's a bit of a lottery. We'll win some and have some success, and lose some and come under pressure on the counter attack or concede possession.

This probability approach needs to yield a higher percentage of success than it currently is, albeit, it's better than what they tried in the first half on this occasion and as I've said elsewhere and for a while, the distribution from the back and the base of the team is causing all sorts of problems. It's not the right level of quality, accuracy or often the right decision in terms of the type of ball to play, when to play it and at what angle to deliver from.
Zamora from the start on 03:25 - Feb 10 with 1003 viewsQPRNZ

Zamora from the start on 17:02 - Feb 9 by stuabd

Agree - 2nd half was the best I have seen us play for some time. Created a heap of chances, should have had a penalty and only let in the 2 goals because of goalkeeping/defensive lapses. Got to play 2 up front. I would be happy to see Zamora start and come off at half time.
Zamora from the start on 09:01 - Feb 10 with 957 viewssmegma

And no one questions why a manager is playing a forward who can only last 45 minutes and a centre back who hadn't played since November.
Zamora from the start on 15:10 - Feb 10 with 908 viewsCliff

Hopefully from now on we can play 4-5-1 with Remy up front in the first half, followed by 4-4-2 with the addition of Zamora in the second.
Zamora from the start on 19:22 - Feb 10 with 863 viewsJB1982

It's easier for him to play second half. For example - let's say he is at 70% fitness:

- If the starts the first half, he's playing against 100% fit players who are raring to go
- If he starts the second half, he's playing against players who've already put in 45 mins (about 4 miles of running) and therefore a bit tired.
Zamora from the start on 19:38 - Feb 10 with 847 viewsClive_Anderson

Zamora from the start on 19:22 - Feb 10 by JB1982

It's easier for him to play second half. For example - let's say he is at 70% fitness:

- If the starts the first half, he's playing against 100% fit players who are raring to go
- If he starts the second half, he's playing against players who've already put in 45 mins (about 4 miles of running) and therefore a bit tired.

Yep agreed.

Also I think we're clutching at straws if we think that the choice of which half Zamora plays is going to make that much difference.
Zamora from the start on 22:23 - Feb 10 with 814 viewsBrazilNutR

one of the big problems is the centrebacks, they are not players who are very comfortable on the ball and they would definately like to go long. But first half, they look for the long hoof, and Adel wants the short pass to feet from the midfield, so as I think Neil has stated, the transition play from defence, to midfield on to forward is not working well... second half, we could go long and it helped out our centre backs having a big target man to lump it to. So i think we either need to have that target man, or look to change the skill sets that our centre backs have...

All that said, it seems even our supposedly cultured midfield players can often not seem to string more than a couple of passes togethor...so f*ck me if I know what the answer is...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024