Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Esteban Granero 10:04 - Feb 10 with 2295 viewsPhilmyRs

Not sure if there was a thread on him but thought he not only made a huge difference when he came on but looked like he cared. Was extremely disappointed at Harry's midfield yesterday. Having Jenas, Mbia and Derry was asking for trouble. What Granero offers is someone with quality and can retain possession, he would have been perfect to start against the Swans yesterday, instead we played 3 defensive midfielders with no hold up player. I Accept with Zamora struggling and Remy out, this part of the team was a difficult choice for Harry, but to have such a poor ball playing midfield against one of the best ball retention teams around was criminal.

You can get away with it if you have the option to go direct, but if you haven't got that outlet...Anyway it was a horrible performance. Adel last 25 minutes, Andros the first 60 minutes, Mbia last 15 minutues and Granero and Zamora the whole second half are the only players to have done anything. To note, I didn't think Adel played well, just a decent end to the game, but I have sympathy, playing up on you own with that midfield was always going to be hard.

On a separate point, had the stone wall penalty been given it would have been an interesting end to the game. That was a pathetic piece of refereeing.
Esteban Granero on 10:06 - Feb 10 with 2274 viewssmegma

With our record of penalties this season I doubt it would've mattered.
Esteban Granero on 10:09 - Feb 10 with 2259 viewsPhilmyRs

Esteban Granero on 10:06 - Feb 10 by smegma

With our record of penalties this season I doubt it would've mattered.

Possibly but when everyone in the stadium, both Managers and a host of players can all see it, how can the guy officiating the bloody match and standing in a great position miss it? I notice Le Fondre's dive was viewed as a clear penalty, then what does that make ours? It was an easy call to make.
Esteban Granero on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 2096 viewsrsonist

I didn't see the game but presumably the idea was to have an energetic midfield to hustle Swansea out of possession.

Granero has looked indifferent at times but I can't shake the suspicion that neither MH nor HR have made the right efforts to get the best out of him. Wonder how good he'd look playing for Swansea...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024