Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Hughes was still in charge... 20:09 - Mar 1 with 1637 viewsTGRRRSSS

Loads of talk on here about Harry's failings but we're on 17 points and in all honesty might well go down and ok Harry's not maybe been as adventerous as he might have been, but how many points do you honestly think we'd have got since Man U away (Harry's first game) and Man United last weekend.
My view is in all honesty 12 at best. I don't think we'd have beaten Chelsea, probably lost as West Hame and drawn (maybe) with Fulham, which is 7 points we've awuired there down to 1.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
If Hughes was still in charge... on 11:58 - Mar 2 with 444 viewsscot1963

If Hughes was still in charge we would all have been certain a lot earlier that we were relegated - he was shite
If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:02 - Mar 2 with 436 viewsisawqpratwcity

If Hughes was still in charge... on 11:58 - Mar 2 by scot1963

If Hughes was still in charge we would all have been certain a lot earlier that we were relegated - he was shite

Stop polishing the turd, he was much worse than that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:06 - Mar 2 with 433 viewsscot1963

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:02 - Mar 2 by isawqpratwcity

Stop polishing the turd, he was much worse than that.

agreed but I was trying to think of positives - it is the hope that kills you in the end at least there wasn't any under Hughes
If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:18 - Mar 2 with 424 viewsTacticalR

Hughes normally did two things during a match. Stand on the halfway line with his arms outstretched, and stand on the halfway line scratching his head.

Then after the match he would provide a long-winded explanation of why he couldn't understand how we weren't winning.

Air hostess clique

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:19 - Mar 2 with 422 viewsisawqpratwcity

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:06 - Mar 2 by scot1963

agreed but I was trying to think of positives - it is the hope that kills you in the end at least there wasn't any under Hughes

As an (adopted) Kiwi I can only compare Huighes reign to the ANZ DC-10 hitting Mt Erebus: the radar kept warning them, but they hit the volcano anyway.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:50 - Mar 2 with 409 viewsTW_R

If Hughes was still in charge... on 11:21 - Mar 2 by QPR1882

No such thing as a bankable win, scum away taught me that but I would have expected more from.
Sunderland.....away
Villa.............home
Wigan...........away
WBA.............home
Liverpool.......home..not a win but never expected us to lay down and die
Norwich.........home
Swansea........away..for same reasons as Liverpool

As for improvement.....

Up front.....No,if fact the opposite
Midfield.....again no major improvement
Defence.....A big improvement
Keeper......A big improvement

It is no coincidence that we are drawing as many games as we are,we are slowing down the rate we let in goals but also the rate we score them ( we have only scored 2 goals in 2 games since Arry has taken over in the Prem,Fulham and Wigan ). Yes I dislike Arry and I stated that from day one,but I also disliked Warnock but was won over by him,18 games into HR reign and I'm still waiting for him to impress ,maybe,hopefully today's the day.

"No such thing as a bankable win, scum away taught me that but I would have expected more from.
Sunderland.....away - so you expected us to win Harry's first game in charge after being in the job 3 days, having not won away from home for over a year? Utter nonsense
Villa.............home - had our chances to win that game, didn't take them. Hard to blame the manager
Wigan...........away - see Villa above. Bad defence allowed Wigan to equalise. Unless you expect the manager to run on the pitch and tackle the Wigan players I don't really see what he could've done. I suspect nor can you.
WBA.............home - beaten by a top six team, hardly a disgrace.
Liverpool.......home..not a win but never expected us to lay down and die - I doubt whether Harry did either. Poor defence for 2 goals from Hill.
Norwich.........home - a missed penalty - I would definitely blame the manager on that one. Shocking decision.
Swansea........away..for same reasons as Liverpool". Midfield went missing in the first 20 minutes. Lined up very similarly to the previous 5 or so games where it had worked quite well.

If Hughes was still in charge... on 13:51 - Mar 2 with 396 viewsQPR1882

If Hughes was still in charge... on 12:50 - Mar 2 by TW_R

"No such thing as a bankable win, scum away taught me that but I would have expected more from.
Sunderland.....away - so you expected us to win Harry's first game in charge after being in the job 3 days, having not won away from home for over a year? Utter nonsense
Villa.............home - had our chances to win that game, didn't take them. Hard to blame the manager
Wigan...........away - see Villa above. Bad defence allowed Wigan to equalise. Unless you expect the manager to run on the pitch and tackle the Wigan players I don't really see what he could've done. I suspect nor can you.
WBA.............home - beaten by a top six team, hardly a disgrace.
Liverpool.......home..not a win but never expected us to lay down and die - I doubt whether Harry did either. Poor defence for 2 goals from Hill.
Norwich.........home - a missed penalty - I would definitely blame the manager on that one. Shocking decision.
Swansea........away..for same reasons as Liverpool". Midfield went missing in the first 20 minutes. Lined up very similarly to the previous 5 or so games where it had worked quite well.

I find it highly amusing the excuses ( midfield went missing,bad defence,missed pen,didn't take chances.........these are players HR picks,trains,mentors etc etc ) some people will make in defence of other people.If you truely believe HR is doing a good job,good for you.

Life is about opinions , my opinion is HR is is not a good manager( his record in the 18 games he has been in charge is backing my opinion up ) this year is too late for him to turn things around,lets see if he earns his £millions next year in the championship.

Villa,Sunderland,Wigan,Norwich were all going through very bad spells when we played them so YES i did expect wins in those games.As did most on here before those games.

Liverpool game arry fcked up with the midfield he picked,that was approved 2nd half by putting Derry on ( who should have been on from the start )

WBA had only won 1 of there last 5 games before they played us so was winnable at HQ.

If Hughes was still in charge... on 13:54 - Mar 2 with 392 viewsTheBlob

If Hughes was still in charge... on 13:51 - Mar 2 by QPR1882

I find it highly amusing the excuses ( midfield went missing,bad defence,missed pen,didn't take chances.........these are players HR picks,trains,mentors etc etc ) some people will make in defence of other people.If you truely believe HR is doing a good job,good for you.

Life is about opinions , my opinion is HR is is not a good manager( his record in the 18 games he has been in charge is backing my opinion up ) this year is too late for him to turn things around,lets see if he earns his £millions next year in the championship.

Villa,Sunderland,Wigan,Norwich were all going through very bad spells when we played them so YES i did expect wins in those games.As did most on here before those games.

Liverpool game arry fcked up with the midfield he picked,that was approved 2nd half by putting Derry on ( who should have been on from the start )

WBA had only won 1 of there last 5 games before they played us so was winnable at HQ.

What's with the constant rabid criticism?

'arry f*cked your old woman or something?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

If Hughes was still in charge... on 14:05 - Mar 2 with 388 viewsQPR1882

If Hughes was still in charge... on 13:54 - Mar 2 by TheBlob

What's with the constant rabid criticism?

'arry f*cked your old woman or something?

If he has she has not give me my share of the money yet.

( Funny thing Blob i am only saying about HR what all of you were saying about MH for the 1st 12 games of the season,being honest )
If Hughes was still in charge... on 14:06 - Mar 2 with 384 viewsTheBlob

If Hughes was still in charge... on 14:05 - Mar 2 by QPR1882

If he has she has not give me my share of the money yet.

( Funny thing Blob i am only saying about HR what all of you were saying about MH for the 1st 12 games of the season,being honest )

Poll: So how was the season for you?

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:31 - Mar 2 with 364 viewsTacticalR

We'd probably have 6 less points from Chelsea and Southampton, because not only did Hughes not do away wins, he didn't do away points.

Air hostess clique

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:37 - Mar 2 with 351 viewskropotkin41

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:31 - Mar 2 by TacticalR

We'd probably have 6 less points from Chelsea and Southampton, because not only did Hughes not do away wins, he didn't do away points.

As I said on another thread, even if form under Harry has been modest, if we'd done more or less this since the start of the season we'd probably be in 16th and thinking we'd most likely survive now. If AT had scored that penalty we'd be looking pretty good for an escape now.

If Hughes had stayed and carried on as before, we'd probably be adrift and all but mathematically down.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:51 - Mar 2 with 345 viewswittle

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:37 - Mar 2 by kropotkin41

As I said on another thread, even if form under Harry has been modest, if we'd done more or less this since the start of the season we'd probably be in 16th and thinking we'd most likely survive now. If AT had scored that penalty we'd be looking pretty good for an escape now.

If Hughes had stayed and carried on as before, we'd probably be adrift and all but mathematically down.

dont mention that to qpr 1882, as he thought hughes was doing a great job.
If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:57 - Mar 2 with 337 viewsQPR1882

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:51 - Mar 2 by wittle

dont mention that to qpr 1882, as he thought hughes was doing a great job.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BORING.

READ POSTS SINCE HE LEFT,PLEASE SHOW ME ONE POST SINCE HE LEFT THAT SAYS HE DID A GOOD JOB WHILST AT QPR,AS I SAID I STOOD BY HIM AS OTHERS DID BECAUSE HE WAS MANAGER OF THE TEAM I SUPPORT HE HAS GONE SO HE NO LONGER GETS MY SUPPORT.

I WILL BE MORE HONEST ABOUT HR.

He did very well today,well done. Still 10 games to go for him to convince me.
If Hughes was still in charge... on 09:32 - Mar 3 with 279 viewsTW_R

If Hughes was still in charge... on 20:57 - Mar 2 by QPR1882

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BORING.

READ POSTS SINCE HE LEFT,PLEASE SHOW ME ONE POST SINCE HE LEFT THAT SAYS HE DID A GOOD JOB WHILST AT QPR,AS I SAID I STOOD BY HIM AS OTHERS DID BECAUSE HE WAS MANAGER OF THE TEAM I SUPPORT HE HAS GONE SO HE NO LONGER GETS MY SUPPORT.

I WILL BE MORE HONEST ABOUT HR.

He did very well today,well done. Still 10 games to go for him to convince me.

Haha. Ever heard of the word irony? You've posted the same thing over and over again almost on a daily basis and now you say everyone else is boring. Brilliant.
If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:51 - Mar 3 with 258 viewshoopstilidie

If Hughes was still in charge... on 04:27 - Mar 2 by QPR1882

Arry has been in charge for 15 games now,spent £20m and we are worst off then when he took over.

When he took over we were bottom and 6 points adrift, today we are bottom and 7 points adrift.

After the Man U game (you cannot class HR as in charge for that one) we were on 4 points, Southampton were 4th bottom on 11.
We were, therefore, 7 points adrift.
Today we are 4.

Facts eh? Got to love them.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:54 - Mar 3 with 255 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'd forgotten the fact that we didn't do away points, we never won a single away game in the whole of Hughes tenure stretching back to January, did we get any draws away???
If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:55 - Mar 3 with 251 viewshoopstilidie

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:54 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

I'd forgotten the fact that we didn't do away points, we never won a single away game in the whole of Hughes tenure stretching back to January, did we get any draws away???

One. Away at Norwich

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:56 - Mar 3 with 249 viewsTGRRRSSS

Are you including last season?
If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:58 - Mar 3 with 245 viewshoopstilidie

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:56 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

Are you including last season?

No.

He got one away draw then too, Villa.

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 242 viewsTGRRRSSS

Jees a loo

I think it proves my point then.
If Hughes was still in charge... on 11:02 - Mar 3 with 236 viewshoopstilidie

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:59 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

Jees a loo

Yep.

MH - 14 away games - 2 points

HR - 7 away games - 9 points.

QED

If Hughes was still in charge... on 11:13 - Mar 3 with 225 viewsTW_R

If Hughes was still in charge... on 10:59 - Mar 3 by TGRRRSSS

Jees a loo

Yeah, but you're forgetting that according to 1882 everyone on here was expecting us to win away at Sunderland and Wigan. You, know, the away games where we were picking up points so often. Redknapp picked up 2 away points in 2 away games and should've been 4 if it hadn't been for some shoddy defending at Wigan, but apparently there's been no improvement at all.

I think there were 2 fans that expected us to win those games just so they could come on here to slate Redknapp if we didn't. Everyone else was pretty happy with the improvement and the points away from home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024