Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells 21:44 - Dec 24 with 7656 viewsowza

We have 1 fit striker at the moment, we desperately need another striker and I think this is the man we need to partner Charlie Austin and propel our season onwards. You look at his goalscoring record for Bradford and it is second to none -something like 52 goals in 100 appearances. You could argue that he would be a bit of a risk and it would be a big step up for the lad but he has risen to each and every challenge put infront of him at Bradford and continues to score week in, week out. He is currently the League 1 top goalscorer with 14 goals and at the age of 23, I think he would be the perfect coup for us. Young, raw talent. The rumour is that he is available for £3 million in January and that would be a steal as far as I am concerned?! It was interesting reading this article about Wells' future and what some of their fans made of it - http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20131206/SPORT01/131209802

As much as I like Peter Crouch, I don't think he is the man we need right now and certainly not what we need for the long-term if we get back into the premier league. He would be a good presence for Charlie in the final third and free him up a little but I think he would just hold the game up a bit too much and turn into a Zamora sought of figure :/ Anyway I think Redknapp must turn to youth and in the form of Nahki Wells I think we have a force to be reckoned with. What are your thoughts? Do you think we should go for younger prospects in the transfer market or does Crouchy float your boat?
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:36 - Dec 26 with 1520 viewsPommyhoop

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:17 - Dec 26 by JonDoeman

Have a day off pommy, you worry too much mate!!

Can't see a Crouch deal happening . Bob's back

Really? The carp must be off the feed..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 08:38 - Dec 26 with 1518 viewsPey

Young and improving striker ? Yes please
But what some mentioned before Arry is relying and having confidence in the return of Bobby Zamora.
Clearly stated he was his number one striker ahead of this season.

Now i hope Bobby will return to his best form ever however if don't think it will happen and his body is worn out due to football.

Wether Bobby is returning or not we need another striker or two (Wells)(maybe recall Hitchcock or give a look at other young players, Skapetis.
My suspicion is there that probably AJ will return to Palace and that is the reason we don't see him anymore around the squad cause he and QPR are worried he might get injured and deals are off in January for him.
Shame really cause AJ looked very impressive in the games i watched.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 8:39]
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 10:45 - Dec 26 with 1460 viewsGloucs_R

Out of curiosity, what do you think we can get Wells for? (I know what Bradford want for him!!)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 11:29 - Dec 26 with 1439 viewsJamie

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 10:45 - Dec 26 by Gloucs_R

Out of curiosity, what do you think we can get Wells for? (I know what Bradford want for him!!)

Would wait until the summer personally. 12 months left and looking to move on = bargain.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 13:15 - Dec 26 with 1395 viewsSomersetHoops

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 11:29 - Dec 26 by Jamie

Would wait until the summer personally. 12 months left and looking to move on = bargain.

Only = a bargain if nobody else wants him and they will. Chelsea would probably offer him loads of money to stop him going to other clubs, but he wouldn't get many chances to play if he went the big club route. Now would be a good time to bed him in at QPR ready for next season wherever we are.

QPR need to be looking towards the future and if Harry takes Crouch it will be a statement of short termism. All those people who say age makes no difference seem to have forgotten why we have two strikers unavailable due to injury.

Who's Next?

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 14:08 - Dec 26 with 1364 viewsJamie

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 13:15 - Dec 26 by SomersetHoops

Only = a bargain if nobody else wants him and they will. Chelsea would probably offer him loads of money to stop him going to other clubs, but he wouldn't get many chances to play if he went the big club route. Now would be a good time to bed him in at QPR ready for next season wherever we are.

QPR need to be looking towards the future and if Harry takes Crouch it will be a statement of short termism. All those people who say age makes no difference seem to have forgotten why we have two strikers unavailable due to injury.

Things will turn pretty ugly at Stamford Bridge if Wells is on their radar.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 14:53 - Dec 26 with 1355 viewsstansleftfoot

To sign Nahki Wells and Peter Crouch ticks two boxes, however, if he's willing to leave Bradford for West London and a deal can be struck, he's not going to be sold for £3-£4 million, Bradford will want around £10-£12 million spread over a three year contract, especially in January.
Crouch is still under contract to Stoke, he makes more goals than he scores and he is acknowledged by most people to be better with his feet than his head. Currently scored 3 made 5 this season, on the right day for QPR this year he could have added another 12 points to our current total.
Both great signings, one long term, the other short term, both would release Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson from purgatory for both players and QPR.
I'd suggest promotion, getting rid of BZ and AJ, and selling/loaning Remy makes the whole deal self funding....another season in the Championship with Austin, Crouch and Wells as our forward choices for two or three years must be a better place than we are now at?
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells (n/t) on 16:16 - Dec 26 with 1325 viewsowzaQPR

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 14:53 - Dec 26 by stansleftfoot

To sign Nahki Wells and Peter Crouch ticks two boxes, however, if he's willing to leave Bradford for West London and a deal can be struck, he's not going to be sold for £3-£4 million, Bradford will want around £10-£12 million spread over a three year contract, especially in January.
Crouch is still under contract to Stoke, he makes more goals than he scores and he is acknowledged by most people to be better with his feet than his head. Currently scored 3 made 5 this season, on the right day for QPR this year he could have added another 12 points to our current total.
Both great signings, one long term, the other short term, both would release Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson from purgatory for both players and QPR.
I'd suggest promotion, getting rid of BZ and AJ, and selling/loaning Remy makes the whole deal self funding....another season in the Championship with Austin, Crouch and Wells as our forward choices for two or three years must be a better place than we are now at?

I see your thinking. However, I think we should just stay clear of players like Crouchy on big wages altogether atm. I can pretty much assure you that Bradford will not want £10 million for Wells. They are in the lower leagues (despite being a fairly big football club) and the suggested £3 million (which sounds about right if you ask me considering having only 18 months left on his contract) would be a lot of money for their football club. I think he would be ideal for us as I have already mentioned and despite Redknapp being known as a man not to take risks, It has been widely reported than he is a long-term admirer of Nahki Wells so there may be a chance of a move.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 16:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 16:18 - Dec 26 with 1322 viewsowzaQPR

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 10:45 - Dec 26 by Gloucs_R

A lot of media sources have said £3 million. Correct me if I am wrong?!
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells (n/t) on 16:43 - Dec 26 with 1306 viewsstansleftfoot

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells (n/t) on 16:16 - Dec 26 by owzaQPR

I see your thinking. However, I think we should just stay clear of players like Crouchy on big wages altogether atm. I can pretty much assure you that Bradford will not want £10 million for Wells. They are in the lower leagues (despite being a fairly big football club) and the suggested £3 million (which sounds about right if you ask me considering having only 18 months left on his contract) would be a lot of money for their football club. I think he would be ideal for us as I have already mentioned and despite Redknapp being known as a man not to take risks, It has been widely reported than he is a long-term admirer of Nahki Wells so there may be a chance of a move.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 16:34]

Looks a great player, takes goals with both feet, loads of pace, plays on the shoulder.
Be great to get for the £3 million, just looks very cheap to me at that price....be great if we could get him.
January is a difficult time to sign players, and I think there would be lots of Add-On's to take his value up to a lot more.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells (n/t) on 17:06 - Dec 26 with 1293 viewsowza

Turn to youth - Nahki Wells (n/t) on 16:43 - Dec 26 by stansleftfoot

Looks a great player, takes goals with both feet, loads of pace, plays on the shoulder.
Be great to get for the £3 million, just looks very cheap to me at that price....be great if we could get him.
January is a difficult time to sign players, and I think there would be lots of Add-On's to take his value up to a lot more.

Yeah I completely agree with you. He can also take free-kicks too. Bradford will not want to let their star man go but I reckon £3 million maybe with, as you say, some add-ons will be enough to persuade them to part company with Wells. No brainier as far as I am concerned , his goal scoring record at Bradford is top class.
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 1279 viewsstansleftfoot

Reminds me of Defoe when he's on fire, it must be a better bet than trying to get JD.
As for Crouch, I'm only spending TF's money, and they seem to have caught the bug for spend on wages but not capital, I think Crouch would be a good signing, he's not been injured for any length of time in his career, he always puts a good shift in, he is everything that Bobby Zamora isn't. He doesn't sulk and he doesn't hide. The way he plays he can do what he does for two or three years yet.
Be great to get him back at the Club and it would suit him, can't see Hughes selling him tho' unless he's mad enough to want Hoilet?
Turn to youth - Nahki Wells on 18:22 - Dec 26 with 1252 viewsGloucs_R

Mate is BCFC ST holder and goes to most games. "Wells could play at a higher level but would need a couple of seasons in the Championship before even considering the Premiership. Would cost you between £3m-£4m plus add ons, So over £5m probably. Scores a lot, very quick but needs 4 shots to put 1 in."

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024