Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short Corners. 19:56 - Jan 11 with 2623 viewsJonTheJack

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP WITH THE SHORT CORNERS.

We attempted three short corners this evening and ended up in our own box within 30 seconds.
Short Corners. on 19:57 - Jan 11 with 2606 viewsGeoffThom

Makes no difference if short or long were poor at them need to start running in on them
Short Corners. on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 2605 viewsSwanfan1

if no one can make a decent cross the next best thing you can do is a short corner 1-2 and swing it in and hope someone touches it.

our players are not physically that strong, so we cant battle for the corners.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Short Corners. on 19:59 - Jan 11 with 2601 viewsyescomeon

We cant even get it over the first man with a conventional corner so it is immaterial.

Upthecity!

Short Corners. on 20:01 - Jan 11 with 2586 viewsC_jack

Short Corners. on 19:58 - Jan 11 by Swanfan1

if no one can make a decent cross the next best thing you can do is a short corner 1-2 and swing it in and hope someone touches it.

our players are not physically that strong, so we cant battle for the corners.

No we're a team of 11 stickmen, come on mun,

Wait outside the players entrance and ask Bony if he even lifts.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Short Corners. on 20:03 - Jan 11 with 2573 viewsDr_Winston

And JdG was nowhere to be seen.

That must have confused an awful lot of people.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Short Corners. on 20:05 - Jan 11 with 2565 viewsGTCJack

Short Corners. on 20:03 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

What, you're saying that JdG isn't always the one at fault for our shit corners?!

Who'd have thunk it that it wasn't his fault? I thought everything that was shit in our play was down to him... You must be mistaken.
Short Corners. on 20:38 - Jan 11 with 2523 viewsAnotherJohn

Couldn't agree with the OP more - and made the same point on the match thread. We had Ash, Chico and Amat who we could have pushed forward for a long corner, and I thought that was worth a shot. Indeed some of our defenders did come forward once or twice and were then left stranded when our inept short corner routines exposed us to immediate counter attacks.
Short Corners. on 23:37 - Jan 11 with 2447 viewsRancid

Short Corners. on 20:03 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

We need better delivery from set pieces.We're very poor most games.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2014 23:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Short Corners. on 23:41 - Jan 11 with 2437 viewstherealme

If we don't have the physical presence

Why not try something DIFFERENT? How about we actually work on corners in training?

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Short Corners. on 23:42 - Jan 11 with 2435 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody who blames these corners on any of our players is an idiot. The instructions for corners come from the manager.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Short Corners. on 23:44 - Jan 11 with 2430 viewsRancid

Short Corners. on 23:42 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody who blames these corners on any of our players is an idiot. The instructions for corners come from the manager.

Aye and they're supposed to be executed.
Short Corners. on 23:51 - Jan 11 with 2422 viewsDr_Winston

Short Corners. on 23:37 - Jan 11 by Rancid

We need better delivery from set pieces.We're very poor most games.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2014 23:39]

No doubt, but if they're not practised that often then don't be surprised if few of them come off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Short Corners. on 23:54 - Jan 11 with 2417 viewsRancid

Short Corners. on 23:51 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

No doubt, but if they're not practised that often then don't be surprised if few of them come off.

Surely they must be practiced? We're a Premier League football side and it's been an issue all season and before.If it's not addressesd in that time then what the phuck is the coaching staff doing.Maybe it's the personnel.
Short Corners. on 23:57 - Jan 11 with 2411 viewsPozuelosSideys

That reminds me. Remember the corner routines we did under Sousa? Particularly the one where all 10 players run to the near post, stand there and then wait for the ball to booted over all of them?

Haha what a mess.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Short Corners. on 23:58 - Jan 11 with 2405 viewsDr_Winston

Short Corners. on 23:54 - Jan 11 by Rancid

Surely they must be practiced? We're a Premier League football side and it's been an issue all season and before.If it's not addressesd in that time then what the phuck is the coaching staff doing.Maybe it's the personnel.

We don't practice corners in much the same way that West Ham don't practice passing triangles. It's not a fundamental aspect of the way we play so why bother wasting finite training time on them?

I suspect that's also one of the reasons why we're so suspect when it comes to defending them too.

Short Corners. on 23:59 - Jan 11 with 2405 viewsLiberty

Always nervous when likes of Ash and Chico go up for corners. Leaves big gap at back for counter attack, and although Ash often gets to the ball first in box- rarely hits target.

Just seems a risk not worth taking. Watched swans train many times and set pieces rarely feature.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Short Corners. on 00:01 - Jan 12 with 2398 viewsRancid

Short Corners. on 23:57 - Jan 11 by PozuelosSideys

That reminds me. Remember the corner routines we did under Sousa? Particularly the one where all 10 players run to the near post, stand there and then wait for the ball to booted over all of them?

Haha what a mess.

We've been a team of short arses for years so corners were never an advantage for us.Under Sousa if we ever had a corner it would worry me as were were always susceptible to a counter attack.We do have a few big lads here now though and I'm sure they'd benefit from the occasional good ball in.
Short Corners. on 00:08 - Jan 12 with 2389 viewsRancid

Short Corners. on 23:58 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

We don't practice corners in much the same way that West Ham don't practice passing triangles. It's not a fundamental aspect of the way we play so why bother wasting finite training time on them?

I suspect that's also one of the reasons why we're so suspect when it comes to defending them too.

Do you think that Bony would benefit from a decent corner? I do and if it isn't practiced enough in training just before we do our triangles then there's something wrong.
Short Corners. on 00:23 - Jan 12 with 2376 viewstherealme

Short Corners. on 00:08 - Jan 12 by Rancid

Do you think that Bony would benefit from a decent corner? I do and if it isn't practiced enough in training just before we do our triangles then there's something wrong.

Winston I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not? Do you think we should be working on them?

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Short Corners. on 11:37 - Jan 12 with 2267 viewsDewi1jack

Short Corners. on 23:44 - Jan 11 by Rancid

Aye and they're supposed to be executed.

I know we're pretty sh1te in general at set pieces, but that's a bit harsh on the players taking them.
If we genuinely have no one capable of delivering good set piece crosses, then time at training should be spent on short passes then accurate delivery with the odd set piece going long, just to keep the opposition guessing.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Short Corners. on 16:14 - Jan 12 with 2216 viewsandrew

Haven't our only goal from a corner this season come from a short 1-2 and cross?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Short Corners. on 16:15 - Jan 12 with 2215 viewsandrew

This isn't new, I remember a day at Chesterfield where Rory Fallon scored from a direct corner, and we were so shocked we sang, we f**ing scored from a corner!

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Short Corners. on 16:28 - Jan 12 with 2196 viewsPhil_S

And it's only a few short weeks since there was pleading on here to take short corners...
Short Corners. on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 2090 viewsDevz00

Short Corners. on 16:28 - Jan 12 by Phil_S

And it's only a few short weeks since there was pleading on here to take short corners...

I was going to say! We scored from a short corner against Hull. We never score from corners usually. We all know that.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Short Corners. on 16:17 - Jan 13 with 2029 viewsAndy1300

Short Corners. on 23:41 - Jan 11 by therealme

If we don't have the physical presence

Why not try something DIFFERENT? How about we actually work on corners in training?

do't be daft, that would be sensible

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024