Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:50 - Feb 10 with 811 viewsQPR_ARG

From the living room, where I watched it with my 4-year-old son.

I'm absolutely ecstatic! I felt Saturday's last minute defeat could have had a terrible effect on everyone at the club, but we dominated from the very start.

I had my doubts on the wings (especially with Niko there) and I was disappointed not to see Adel and Mauro get a start. I was happy we were improving dramatically in our full-backs positions. And I was afraid of Rio being rusty and uninterested.

But we were worthy winners tonight. We played better than Sunderland and better than we ever played away from Loftus Road this season.

My podium of best performers tonight (in no particular order)

- Fer was IMMENSE. It doesn't look good for him. He looked scared and the physio called for the substitution after flexing Fer's left knee and then the right (maybe to compare them?). The body language wasn't the best. The left knee did turn in a nasty way. Hope it's not too serious. He had EASILY his best game yet in a QPR shirt. I don't want to exaggerate but I don't think he made a single mistake out there tonight.

Took his goal very well, held up play, always passed to a teammate...he was a dream come true.

- Loved Joey Barton too. Apart from his mandatory yellow card, he made a lot of clearances and very well timed tackles. Made good use of the ball and was very intelligent all night. Best I've seen from him, I think.

- Rob Green! What a monster game! That reflexes save from Wickham from very close range reminded me of what Forster did to us on Saturday. The way he arches his back and then reacts to hand it away from danger was brilliant. Another save from Ricky Alvarez in the second half was also a candidate for save of the season. Amazing.

We looked shaky at the back and every cross was dangerous. Isla needed help on the right (especially after Matt Phillips was replaced by SWP). And Adam Johnson was a bit of a nightmare in that sense. But we somehow kept Sunderland at bay.

I think tonight made Harry Redknapp look really, really bad.

Some are saying: "These were Harry's players" in some form of a defence, but I think that excuse is even more telling. Because Ramsey brought more out of that same squad (bar Charlie Austin!) than Harry managed this season. And that's with only a week and a half's work. The psychology they are mentioning, surely has to be playing a part. The cloud has gone. I don't analyse things just from a points won point of view. I'm including last Saturday's game in this concept. We looked very good on Saturday too (despite losing). And that's more important to me. If you play like that (or like tonight), you're gonna win more games than you'll lose.

Harry was not only losing every game, he was also doing all the wrong things. It wasn't like we were losing because we were unlucky. There was no plan. There seemed to be one on Saturday. There definitely was one tonight.

And just to confirm: SWP is still a very, very bad player.

PS: My highlight of the night (apart from the goals and the three points and all those other things) was a moment deep in the second half when our players combined for something like 15-20 consecutive passes that ended up with a shot from Niko that was saved by their keeper. I couldn't believe my eyes, but we looked so comfortable in possession at times tonight. It was very nice to see.
Just back on 23:27 - Feb 10 with 675 viewsbosh67

Great report. To be fair Southampton were better than us on Saturday but we were desperately unlucky not to get a point. 90 more seconds and Chris would have 4 points. Big big big difference tonight for me was the first ten minutes. We attacked!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 23:38 - Feb 10 with 620 viewsQPR_ARG

Just back on 23:27 - Feb 10 by bosh67

Great report. To be fair Southampton were better than us on Saturday but we were desperately unlucky not to get a point. 90 more seconds and Chris would have 4 points. Big big big difference tonight for me was the first ten minutes. We attacked!

Indeed. The first couple of touches didn't inspire me a lot (long ball from Caulker, then a 30-yards back pass from Isla), but before the 2nd minute we already had an attempt (Niko) and a corner kick.

We were in control and could have scored 3 in that first half (very unlucky for Fer to hit the post and see the ball roll along the goal-line!).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024