Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greg Lake 12:04 - Dec 8 with 1035 viewsenfieldargh

Another one gone

This is now becoming like when my parents would say Judy Garland just died.

Guess where all moving up another rung on the ladder.

Havent fallen off yet!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Greg Lake on 12:09 - Dec 8 with 1018 viewsRs_Holy

[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 12:15]
Greg Lake on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 993 viewsR_from_afar

RIP Greg, a sad loss. With ELP, he was part of something truly ground breaking.

This track always cheers me up. A great tune (a cover, mind) and played with nonchalance. Such a groove to it as well.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Greg Lake on 13:02 - Dec 8 with 930 viewsBrightonhoop

Enjoyed some of his work in King Crimson.

RIP
Greg Lake on 14:21 - Dec 8 with 867 viewsbosh67

RIP. What a year!!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Greg Lake on 21:36 - Dec 8 with 759 viewsJigsore

RIP

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Greg Lake on 22:06 - Dec 8 with 740 viewsisawqpratwcity

Greg Lake on 14:21 - Dec 8 by bosh67

RIP. What a year!!!

I was a a bit of a ELP nut back in the day, though they've slipped back into the pack somewhat over time (but nowhere near as far back as Deep Purple...sorry metals!).

But here is an all-time great song: delicate, profound, beautiful. I love the production that layers a delightful clock-like acoustic guitar over silence with all the other gentle little touches that preserve the silence and depth. Then there's his voice, filled with regret and acceptance. but the song itself is a jewel, lovely chords and a concept that spins out my tiny mind, 'from the beginning' (ab origine, to the Latin scholars who go round naming natives) with the idea that if you knew the energy and position of every particle at the Big Bang you could then predict the entire history of the universe....

The Keith Emerson solo? Meh.

And then there's something that he helped his mate Robert Fripp with. (The video? I haven't a clue.)

RIP Greg

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024