Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Rodney Bewes 03:57 - Nov 22 with 1694 viewsflynnbo

Shame he and James Bolam couldn't bury the hatchet. Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads was a brilliant series amidst the political and social turmoil of the times.
RIP Rodney Bewes on 09:21 - Nov 22 with 1602 viewsCamberleyR

It's a shame they never made up. Bolam's attitude to The Likely Lads and Whatever Happened To.... in later years was similar to Martin Shaw with The Professionals, as though they were slightly embarrassed in being associated to it. Sad really as it made him a big star..

RIP. So long kidda.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

RIP Rodney Bewes on 09:49 - Nov 22 with 1577 viewsRs_Holy

RIP Rodney Bewes on 09:21 - Nov 22 by CamberleyR

It's a shame they never made up. Bolam's attitude to The Likely Lads and Whatever Happened To.... in later years was similar to Martin Shaw with The Professionals, as though they were slightly embarrassed in being associated to it. Sad really as it made him a big star..

RIP. So long kidda.

Bolam comes across as a very bitter man with regard to the Likely Lads. I loved the show when I was growing up in particular the episode when they were trying to avoid the England footy result so they can watch the highlights as if it was live!... Classic British comedy!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:32]
RIP Rodney Bewes on 11:34 - Nov 22 with 1523 viewsonlyrinmoray

I loved the Likely Lads as well, a brilliant series from my youth, watched every episode and the re runs when they are on
Story I heard was that Rodney Bewes publicised the fact that James Bolams wife had a baby. It seems a ridiculous grudge to keep for all those years
When watching C Beebies with my grandson I see that Bolam and his wife are on "Grandad in my pocket" he met her when in When the boat comes home... another great series of years ago
RIP Rodney Bewes on 13:23 - Nov 22 with 1453 viewshubble

Nicked this from the comments under Rodney Bewes' obituary in the Guardian:

"He delivered the funniest line in The Likely Lads. His character, Bob, is stopped for suspected drink driving and taken to the nick to be tested... "Blood or urine?" asks the copper, all stern. Bob, swaying slightly, says: "No, just a cup of tea, thanks." Perfectly timed."

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

RIP Rodney Bewes on 15:22 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewsBoston

Liked Rodney Bewes, loved the Likely Lads, if only I could turn back the clock.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Rodney Bewes on 17:53 - Nov 22 with 1294 viewsMonahoop

Sad news. Bewes was a good character actor and Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads was a decent comedy series, very apt for the time. RIP.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

RIP Rodney Bewes on 19:26 - Nov 22 with 1217 viewsjohncharles

He lived around Hammersmith and was known in some of the pubs. He always seemed good natured and chatty. Never heard a bad word about him. (and that’s saying a lot)
RIP Rodney.

Strong and stable my arse.

RIP Rodney Bewes on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 1092 viewsTGRRRSSS

Well he was a Chelsea fan!!!!!!!!!

Sad news seen the show repeated many times and it stands up well today although some bits are siclally different (drink drive episode) it is still very funnny.

I don't think we got the entire story from Bewes regarding the fall out though I think he harped on it far too much and I am dubious about his claims about Bolam Vetoing repeats of the show, which was in any case repeated many times, I remember it was repeated in 1990'sfirst time saw it on BBC2 I susppect there was some professional jealously that Bolam was not only the better actor but also far and away much much more successful.

Nevertheless it seems he was in many ways a genial and friendly sort, and he left his mark!

RIP Rodney
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024