Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What next? 22:30 - Aug 21 with 2271 viewsSimonBrown1965

I’ve never posted before!

I’m on holiday in Cyprus!

I’m actually glad that the season ticket’s I buy every year for my son and I are going unused!

I bet Webb Simpson to win the American golf at the weekend. He shot 8 under on Sunday and still finished second by three shots!!! Where’s the relationship between a millionaire American golfer and championship footballers? Professional pride!! Understanding of what needed to be done? No give up!

Ian Holloway was QPR through and through but I felt he had to go. I still feel that..

Is McClaren the answer? Probably not!

We need someone who can simplify what we are asking the players to do.

Make us hard to beat.

Not aggravate the opposition into over performing.

Make us nasty.

For me it’s Mick McCarthy. I understand it’s not sexy but neithers L1 and that’s where we are going.....

What next? on 22:38 - Aug 21 with 2194 viewsNov77

I was with you up to the last paragraph...

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:41]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What next? on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 2152 viewsSimonBrown1965

I never thought I would advocate this solution either but we need nous, knowledge of the division, ability to get draws away from home, someone who can get us to 50points and we can’t afford Gareth to learn on the job...
What next? on 22:48 - Aug 21 with 2105 viewsdannyblue

I’d beg Holloway to come back. He knows the squad so won’t need to spend a month discovering their limitations. And we’re still paying him anyway.
What next? on 22:49 - Aug 21 with 2084 viewsNov77

I think ffp has done for us this year.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What next? on 22:51 - Aug 21 with 2055 viewsSimonBrown1965

I think we’re beyond that now...

Give MM a contract until summer of 2020.Let him stabilise the club hopefully keep us in the division and by then the financial legacy issues will be behind us and hopefully we move on as RRRR’s together....
What next? on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 2023 viewsSimonBrown1965

I agree FFP has probably relegated us!! However MM might find a way. This is a time for assessing what we’ve got and getting them to play as a unit we just need to finish fourth worse however ugly that becomes....
What next? on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 2008 viewskropotkin41

Cheese?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What next? on 22:55 - Aug 21 with 2003 viewsdachiltern

Decent coach (made Harry Redknapp look brilliant) but not a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

What next? on 22:58 - Aug 21 with 1967 viewsbaz_qpr

For Ollie to come back it would mean Les and Hoos would have to go, just not going to happen IMHO more likely to see Ramsey in the short term until something better comes available.

McLaren has lost the supporters already would need a miracle run of results to come back and we are just too poor
What next? on 23:07 - Aug 21 with 1916 viewsSimonBrown1965

Responding to dachiltern

I think this is a classic case of asking a structural engineer to dig a hole in your back garden for a pond!!! We just need someone to dig a hole(obv not literally which is what’s occurred).We need a manager with contacts, credit in the bank with some players, and someone who can get the best out of what we’ve got basically a poor mans NW!!

And let’s be honest we’re so poor Oxfam would turn us away as beyond salvation...
What next? on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 1894 viewsessextaxiboy

What next? on 23:07 - Aug 21 by SimonBrown1965

Responding to dachiltern

I think this is a classic case of asking a structural engineer to dig a hole in your back garden for a pond!!! We just need someone to dig a hole(obv not literally which is what’s occurred).We need a manager with contacts, credit in the bank with some players, and someone who can get the best out of what we’ve got basically a poor mans NW!!

And let’s be honest we’re so poor Oxfam would turn us away as beyond salvation...

We had a poor mans Warnock ..his name was Holloway
What next? on 23:17 - Aug 21 with 1869 viewsSimonBrown1965

That’s fair but he’s gone and there’s no way the board are reaching out in that direction. We need to look forward! Is McClaren the answer or do we move on quickly in another direction?

Crystal Palace realised after four games they made a mistake with De Boer and parted company and appointed Woy! Not sexy. Probably not popular with supporters but better than being in Chumpionship...

We need to think in the same way....
What next? on 23:19 - Aug 21 with 1846 viewskropotkin41

What next? on 23:17 - Aug 21 by SimonBrown1965

That’s fair but he’s gone and there’s no way the board are reaching out in that direction. We need to look forward! Is McClaren the answer or do we move on quickly in another direction?

Crystal Palace realised after four games they made a mistake with De Boer and parted company and appointed Woy! Not sexy. Probably not popular with supporters but better than being in Chumpionship...

Yeah, except Palace have money and are, by our standards a big club. We are broke and in a death spiral.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What next? on 23:23 - Aug 21 with 1811 viewsessextaxiboy

What next? on 23:17 - Aug 21 by SimonBrown1965

We need a Holloway type then ..Mcarthy seems closest not ideal but beggars cant be choosers...
What next? on 23:24 - Aug 21 with 1801 viewsSimonBrown1965

Agreed and that’s why I’m advocating a championship manager rather than a Pardew or one of the Premiership roundabout managers.....
What next? on 23:51 - Aug 21 with 1724 viewsNov77

Looks like Paul Parker agrees with you....

What next? on 23:56 - Aug 21 with 1697 viewsHoopsarrr

Other than Mick is there anyone else that could galvanise this dead bunch?
What next? on 00:00 - Aug 22 with 1678 viewsessextaxiboy

What next? on 23:56 - Aug 21 by Hoopsarrr

Other than Mick is there anyone else that could galvanise this dead bunch?

If we were on an even keel you could talk about Warburton, but we need shaking up, a pragmatic , grind out results approach . I cant see past Mick for the task in hand ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024