Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday 15:00 - May 30 with 1307 viewsbollockchops

best rugby league ive seenin 40 odd years
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 15:17 - May 30 with 1288 viewsNorthernr

They’ve got a good chance this season if they keep that team fit.

Whether winning stuff with a collection of Australians and ex Wigan players us what the club is there to do is another debate, but I guess they’ve brought Morgue and Laguerre through this season.

I’d really recommend anybody who gets a chance to go there for a match to take it. Superb ground and town, no segregation and always a brilliant day when the away side take a few. Go down there with Hull every season and it’s a real highlight of the year.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 15:50 - May 30 with 1229 viewsbollockchops

Tompkins ,Maloney ,Laguerre, Kasiano rite bobby dazzlers
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 17:29 - May 30 with 1153 viewsterryb

Never mind Catalan, I'm trying to get over the shock of Wakefield winning two in a row! That's relegation nearly avoided!

Some very strange results this week, especially Leeds scoring 60 at Castleford.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 17:49 - May 30 with 1138 viewsNorthernr

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 17:29 - May 30 by terryb

Never mind Catalan, I'm trying to get over the shock of Wakefield winning two in a row! That's relegation nearly avoided!

Some very strange results this week, especially Leeds scoring 60 at Castleford.

Cas rested players for their semi final, and are also in that weird position of knowing the manager is going to a rival next season. Never tends to end well in this country that one.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:03 - May 31 with 961 viewsbollockchops

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:27 - May 31 with 946 viewsMrSheen

Zak Hardaker being a dick? Well I never!

Didn't realise McMeekin was there as well. Good on him.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:29 - May 31 with 945 viewsNorthernr

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:27 - May 31 by MrSheen

Zak Hardaker being a dick? Well I never!

Didn't realise McMeekin was there as well. Good on him.

Yeh I watched the game on delay and my step dad said “all I’ll say is stick with it to the end”. Zak loses his head again. Probably time for another puff piece in the guardian about how he’s absolutely not a drink driving violent cokehead any more.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:32 - May 31 with 942 viewsMrSheen

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 14:29 - May 31 by Northernr

Yeh I watched the game on delay and my step dad said “all I’ll say is stick with it to the end”. Zak loses his head again. Probably time for another puff piece in the guardian about how he’s absolutely not a drink driving violent cokehead any more.

...just want to repay everyone who kept faith in me.
Login to get fewer ads

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 05:08 - Jun 1 with 893 viewsnadera78

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 15:17 - May 30 by Northernr

They’ve got a good chance this season if they keep that team fit.

Whether winning stuff with a collection of Australians and ex Wigan players us what the club is there to do is another debate, but I guess they’ve brought Morgue and Laguerre through this season.

I’d really recommend anybody who gets a chance to go there for a match to take it. Superb ground and town, no segregation and always a brilliant day when the away side take a few. Go down there with Hull every season and it’s a real highlight of the year.

Re the make up of Catalans squad - if you're going to have promotion and relegation, you can't insist that one team and one team only plays by different rules to the others. The same quota applies to all 12 teams, telling Catalans they need X French players would go against that.

Besides, Catalans bring through a hell of a lot more players than Salford, Leigh and Cas. The latter has a terrible track record of producing players, when they lost their academy status last week they responded with a list of players they'd produced, only one of whom was under the age of 30. It really wasn't the rebuttal they thought it was.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 08:33 - Jun 1 with 848 viewsNorthernr

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 05:08 - Jun 1 by nadera78

Re the make up of Catalans squad - if you're going to have promotion and relegation, you can't insist that one team and one team only plays by different rules to the others. The same quota applies to all 12 teams, telling Catalans they need X French players would go against that.

Besides, Catalans bring through a hell of a lot more players than Salford, Leigh and Cas. The latter has a terrible track record of producing players, when they lost their academy status last week they responded with a list of players they'd produced, only one of whom was under the age of 30. It really wasn't the rebuttal they thought it was.

Completely agree with you. I know Catalans were given salary cap dispensation to begin with to help them secure a place, not sure if that's still the case or whether it would be worth allowing them more space on the cap to sign better imports, but insisting there has to be 6 French players in the squad or whatever. But then, like you say, in Morgue, Escare and Leggarre they've already done more than Salford and several others.

Not promoting Toulouse was a big misstep. You've now got them winning 70-0 in the Championship every week and Leigh getting bummed to death in Super League. As if Super League needed another team in that area. Toulouse have been ready for a while and two French teams, with a derby game, would be great I think.
did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 09:46 - Jun 1 with 823 viewsnadera78

did anyone watch Catalan Dragons yesterday on 08:33 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Completely agree with you. I know Catalans were given salary cap dispensation to begin with to help them secure a place, not sure if that's still the case or whether it would be worth allowing them more space on the cap to sign better imports, but insisting there has to be 6 French players in the squad or whatever. But then, like you say, in Morgue, Escare and Leggarre they've already done more than Salford and several others.

Not promoting Toulouse was a big misstep. You've now got them winning 70-0 in the Championship every week and Leigh getting bummed to death in Super League. As if Super League needed another team in that area. Toulouse have been ready for a while and two French teams, with a derby game, would be great I think.

I don't think they get a dispensation anymore, but they do have their cap set slightly differently so that it isn't impacted by currency fluctuations during the course of the season. It's difficult for expansion teams, London used to get 10% weighting on the cap but they still had to pay over the odds to get bang average players like Oliver Wilkes or Jon Wells to relocate.

If SL had any sense the plan would be to get Toulouse in place asap and then start working on a 3rd French club for 5-10 years down the line.

I've got a golfing mate who supports Leigh and Grimsby Town (born in the former, raised in the latter) so he's had a great year so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024