Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best you hope Rangers can do 18:56 - May 6 with 865 viewsqprxtc

For a good few years of my Rangers supporting life, 1978 to around 1998, I always felt that we were within reach of “doing something”. All it would take was that little bit of je ne sais quoi.

Under Venables it felt like we were going to achieve that something else. Exit Tel, ‘Allo Mullers. Weeell shiiiiiit.

Oh well, a decent Milk Cup run to Wemberlee against some University team will do for me. I didn’t think I’d end up crying on the Wembley steps after.

Still, we were within a knats hair of “doing something”. Maybe win the FA Cup. If we could only overcome Huddersfield, Doncaster and Carlisle.

Bugger, anyway I’m still young. Just bide your time son. That big something is around the corner. That corner also hides the muggers who take your dreams away from you.

But wait. Gerry is here. And we have a team. No, not just a team but a team who could and should…. Sell Peacock just at the time when….

Still, regularly finishing above the kings road shite is fun and ongoing. Of. Purse it’ll always be this way, why would it not. Onwards and without a doubt upwards.

Sell Les, readjust ambition to just winning the Cup. FA preferably but I’ll take a ZDS or Simod.

Just as the drinking kicks in properly around 1996, everything goes a bit wibbly wobbly. The realisation that, in my lifetime, we are not going to “do something” sinks in one November 2002 evening against a bunch of grease monkeys from Wirral way.

There have been moments, flourish’s and triumphant moments. A last minute winner up Wembley Way isn’t going to happen often. That moment has been paused more often than Sharon uncrossing her legs or brain popping explosions in Scanners.

But. When my ultimate ambition for my glorious beautiful bastard arsed Rangers, is to finish above the Middlesex Muppets off the Chiswick Roundabout, then the universe has had a involuntary spasm and regurgitated my dreams into a big pile of dogsh1t vomit into my lap.

It was never meant to be this way. Where will it all end. Will it ever end.

Remember, when the fun stops. Keep going on.

The End.
The best you hope Rangers can do on 23:24 - May 6 with 681 viewsdigswellhoop

i allways get asked about wether a team will win if they loose they moan
i say i know qpr are pooh we as the majority k ow we wont be
a prem side for atleast 5 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024