Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday's referee 16:23 - Dec 6 with 1225 viewsNorthernr

Premier League official for Burnley visit - Referee 6th Dec 2022 16:21
Premier League referee Peter Bankes is the man in the middle on Sunday as QPR return to action post World Cup with a televised clash against Burnley. 0

Sunday's referee on 18:14 - Dec 6 with 1114 viewspaulhoop2

Should we be worried ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Sunday's referee on 18:16 - Dec 6 with 1109 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunday's referee on 18:14 - Dec 6 by paulhoop2

Should we be worried ?

By the guys wearing claret and blue I would suggest, not by the guy in black!
Sunday's referee on 18:21 - Dec 6 with 1091 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive - have I misread that sentence on black referees?

If he joined the list only last season, he can't be only the 2nd one?

The link to the article shows Singh for a start and you mean FT professional black referee anyway?

There are several black professional ARs who have been in the PGMOL for several years as well.
Apologies, if its me being thick (as per)

Thanks
Sunday's referee on 19:35 - Dec 6 with 1015 viewsNorthernr

Sunday's referee on 18:21 - Dec 6 by PinnerPaul

Clive - have I misread that sentence on black referees?

If he joined the list only last season, he can't be only the 2nd one?

The link to the article shows Singh for a start and you mean FT professional black referee anyway?

There are several black professional ARs who have been in the PGMOL for several years as well.
Apologies, if its me being thick (as per)

Thanks

Well I was surprised but per the articles when he was appointed there's been him, and Rennie, as the only black referees in the the Football League to this point.

Semantics and thin ice I don't want to skate across for fear of getting it wrong but Jarnail Singh and his lads, and Gurnham Singh previously, aren't 'black' per the present definition? I'm sorry if that's horribly clumsy.
Sunday's referee' on 09:20 - Dec 7 with 828 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunday's referee on 19:35 - Dec 6 by Northernr

Well I was surprised but per the articles when he was appointed there's been him, and Rennie, as the only black referees in the the Football League to this point.

Semantics and thin ice I don't want to skate across for fear of getting it wrong but Jarnail Singh and his lads, and Gurnham Singh previously, aren't 'black' per the present definition? I'm sorry if that's horribly clumsy.

No need to apologise, classifying anyone's race/religion/sexual orientation is fraught with danger these days.

You/the article may be correct if we're talking 'black' only and CRs only I guess.

Akil Howson, very good AR, has been on the list a while and I'm fairly sure(ish) there may be one or two other ARs in the top 4 divs as well.

Thanks for the reply anyway!
Sunday's referee' on 09:31 - Dec 7 with 782 viewsNorthernr

Sunday's referee' on 09:20 - Dec 7 by PinnerPaul

No need to apologise, classifying anyone's race/religion/sexual orientation is fraught with danger these days.

You/the article may be correct if we're talking 'black' only and CRs only I guess.

Akil Howson, very good AR, has been on the list a while and I'm fairly sure(ish) there may be one or two other ARs in the top 4 divs as well.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

ARs yes, but not referees.
Sunday's referee' on 14:55 - Dec 7 with 643 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunday's referee' on 09:31 - Dec 7 by Northernr

ARs yes, but not referees.

Fair enough - yes that is a surprise then, even if you 'count' the Singhs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024