Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gutted again at work and still gutted 15:40 - Mar 12 with 261 viewsLadyRanger

this season we have given away most winning positions 15, i believe and hopefully im not biased we could of won every game this year exept tottenham (outplayed us) man utd (shocked us in the first minute) and the first game against bolton where we had our reserve team from last year. we could have won all the other games this year with just a little luck and clinical finishing. i also thought cisse finish on satursay was brilliant. and him and zamora have a good partner ship to hopefully nick a few points and stay up to rock on next year and get the party atmosphere down the bush again.
gutted again at work and still gutted on 15:46 - Mar 12 with 252 viewsbosh67

You left out discipline, or lack of it. That's been our main problem, enough games from winning positions with 11 men.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

gutted again at work and still gutted on 15:50 - Mar 12 with 244 viewsLadyRanger

gutted again at work and still gutted on 15:46 - Mar 12 by bosh67

You left out discipline, or lack of it. That's been our main problem, enough games from winning positions with 11 men.

well said yes discipline, but onwards and upwards. i would like to see mark hughes at least smile when we score tho he looks misrible as if we have conceded.
gutted again at work and still gutted on 15:57 - Mar 12 with 229 viewsbosh67

gutted again at work and still gutted on 15:50 - Mar 12 by LadyRanger

well said yes discipline, but onwards and upwards. i would like to see mark hughes at least smile when we score tho he looks misrible as if we have conceded.

To be honest we just have to go out and carry the game to the opposition. We can't defend well but we can attack quite well. We need to win 5 out of 10 to stay up. Given our form that may look impossible but the facts are if we win half our games, we probably stay up. If not, well we have to concede we weren't good enough and regroup.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

gutted again at work and still gutted on 16:07 - Mar 12 with 205 viewscoolranger

Many other Premier sides have made a mess of things in numerous games, it's part of the game. It's important to keep that in mind.

After 28 games I don't buy the 'bad luck' excuses that are all to easy to make. We are third bottom because we have consistently underperformed, and it's looking likely that over this first season back we will prove unworthy of another crack at the Premier League.

On a positive note, a number of sides have bounced back very strongly following relegation. We could just be another club that find renewed strength and a little respite having one season out of the heat of the Premier League.

Certainly much to be learnt by how Norwich and Swansea have approached their first seasons. Get promoted with the right sort of side, system and settled management and you don't necessarily have to buy a whole new team, but simply enhance the strong foundation you already have.

If you get your act together it's not actually that hard to at least stay up because there are always around eight very average, if not poor, sides to deal with. Our biggest shortcoming is we have not even been able to dominate them.

Personally I am now relaxed about things.
gutted again at work and still gutted on 16:19 - Mar 12 with 185 viewsadhoc_qpr

gutted again at work and still gutted on 16:07 - Mar 12 by coolranger

Many other Premier sides have made a mess of things in numerous games, it's part of the game. It's important to keep that in mind.

After 28 games I don't buy the 'bad luck' excuses that are all to easy to make. We are third bottom because we have consistently underperformed, and it's looking likely that over this first season back we will prove unworthy of another crack at the Premier League.

On a positive note, a number of sides have bounced back very strongly following relegation. We could just be another club that find renewed strength and a little respite having one season out of the heat of the Premier League.

Certainly much to be learnt by how Norwich and Swansea have approached their first seasons. Get promoted with the right sort of side, system and settled management and you don't necessarily have to buy a whole new team, but simply enhance the strong foundation you already have.

If you get your act together it's not actually that hard to at least stay up because there are always around eight very average, if not poor, sides to deal with. Our biggest shortcoming is we have not even been able to dominate them.

Personally I am now relaxed about things.

Good post.

I understand why people are desperately squinting at the fixtures and trying to find points and positives - but any objective assessment says we are heading for relegation.

Like you i'm very relaxed about it now, even the Bolton ghost goal hasn't left me devastated like the Cisse sending off or first half at Blackburn did a few weeks ago.

I'll be intrigued to see what happens in the summer now - hopefully we will emerge with a leaner, meaner squad with by a good manager in place (hopefully Hughes) and a supportive board. We could make the championship our bitch!

Oh and get rid of SWP, Barton et al please!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024