Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday night fight 01:08 - Aug 21 with 664 viewsSonofNorfolt

For all those who blame our defence on Sat, I'll counter that with the contention that it was mainly our midfield to blame.
Like it or not we missed Barton, Taarabt playing deeper and more central than usual also left a new untried midfield pairing much more exposed.
Routledge more than most probably realised this.
Green made a mistake, but for fukks sake, stay off his case, booing isn't going to help. To be honest Anton Ferdinand worries me more, a decent forward can bully him no problem.
Monday night fight on 07:23 - Aug 21 with 615 viewsqprmick

I don't like his legs, they look like something that should be holding up half of a billiard table. They certainly don't look like the legs of an athlete.

Qprmick

Monday night fight on 08:13 - Aug 21 with 553 viewsN12Hoop

Ferdinand looked to me like he had completely given up and I even saw him make the substitution rolling arms sign to the bench at one point. Good to have on the bench, but I agree that he is too easily bullied.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Monday night fight on 08:14 - Aug 21 with 549 viewsNathanNI

For me the problems started with Cisse. He couldn't hold the ball up and doesn't seem suited to that role. If its not sticking up front then it puts pressure on the midfield which seemingly seemed to let their trickier players burst through too often, putting pressure on the defence and Green makes a mistake.

It was all round a shambles. Though I thought that Michu was fantastic.

Still think we'll be better placed next May, than we were last.
Monday night fight on 10:12 - Aug 21 with 375 viewsHAYESBOY

IMO combination of Cisse on his own and to soft a centre in the midfield.

Not saying we missed Barton, but we did need that type of player in the middle to hassle/shutdown people and thast wasnt happening.

Either we play with 5 across midfield but play Zamora, or play 2 up top and drop one of Mackie, Tarbs, Hoilett or Park. This might also need Derry in the middle 2.
Ot Traore in at left back and Fabio in the centre with Diakite.

We seem to have a few square pegs for round holes.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Monday night fight on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 351 viewsHollowayRanger

problem was the managers tactics or lack of them

cisse as a sole striker in premierleague is a non started 5 man midfield who neither seemed to support cisse or protect the defence

and a defence which just looked at each other for blame as each goal went in

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Monday night fight on 10:37 - Aug 21 with 323 viewsdaveB

for me one of the main problems is the general attitude. The tactical things can be sorted out pretty easily but attitude is a big problem even at this stage. Last season we spent the first three months saying it will be ok, we'll win next week then the shit hit the fan, we can't make that mistake again or we'll get to October bottom of the league and looking for a new manager.

Other clubs don't brag about where they will finish but all we've heard this summer is about us finishing top 10 and how great we are. That attitude manifested itself to the terraces on Saturday where the passion and atmosphere was gone and the attitude of the players where every tackle counts, every block is massive and you must fight for everything that got us those vital 5 home wins in a row last season was gone and it was a case of shrug shoulders and everything will be alright. It won't be alright if we don't put the work in, Everton and Southampton showed what you can do with hard work, Tony Hibbett wouldn't even get a game with us, if we signed him noses would be turned up instantly but he showed if you work hard for every minute of the game you can achieve great things. Until that attitude returns to every single one of our players we will struggle. Everton won last night and when asked how far they can go Jagielka just said we'll see, we are just going to do our best. If We had beaten United our players would be bragging about Europe. Our mob are more than good enough and mature enough to do very well this season but we'll get nowhere without putting the graft in first.
Monday night fight on 11:43 - Aug 21 with 277 viewsTacticalR

Agree you can't just blame the defence. They were left very exposed.

At certain points in the second half Michu had acres of space to operate in, and that wasn't the fault of the defence.

Since the OP mentioned Taarabt...although on one commentary Taarabt was picked out for not tracking Dyer from the midfield for Swansea's third goal, that's not his job (or shouldn't be). Yes, it would be good if he had done that, but we can't expect him to do everything (Barton tried to do everything and failed).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Monday night fight on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 267 viewsCanadaRanger

... And you can't win by scoring zero...
Login to get fewer ads

Monday night fight on 11:59 - Aug 21 with 240 viewsTacticalR

Monday night fight on 11:45 - Aug 21 by CanadaRanger

... And you can't win by scoring zero...

We were lucky to get zero

Air hostess clique

Monday night fight on 12:04 - Aug 21 with 226 viewsCanadaRanger

Monday night fight on 11:59 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

We were lucky to get zero

:)
Monday night fight on 12:26 - Aug 21 with 190 viewsQPunkR

The manager's to blame for some 90% of that shambles.

I was absolutely incredulous when we came out in the 2nd half still with 1 up front. As is well documented, Djibril can't operate as a lone striker, therefore I refuse to blame him for a poor performance where he's acting as a square peg in a round hole.
Couldn't believe Hughes refused to give him a partner up front. Apart from anything else, it meant he had to chase the ball being slowly stroked across the Swansea back 4 by himself, tiring him out.

And the fact that Hughes finally brought on AJ...for Cissé...leaving us still with 1 up top...in addition to Shite-Phillips at right back, leads me to wonder whether he needs psychological assistance. Either that or glasses.

I just hope this aberration was a blip and we try to line up appropriately in future.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024