Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers, Owners and Watermelons 12:40 - Oct 22 with 1773 viewssimmo

Massimo Cellino, owner of Leeds United Football Club, has replied to criticism about his frequent changing of managers by comparing the recruitment process to watermelons.

The Italian sacked Uwe Rosler on Monday after a disappointing start to the season. It has been the fifth sacking at the club in 18 months.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, he defended the decision, saying: “Managers and coaches are like watermelons. They look good when you buy [them]. You think you have bought the best watermelon in the shop, but they didn’t let you open it before you pay the bill. You bring it home, and then you open the watermelon. Sometimes it is beautiful. Sometimes it is not good at all. But what do you do? You eat it anyway. I have tried to eat it sometimes, to make the watermelon better.”

Cellino is suspended from taking ownership or dictatorship at Elland Road for the rest of the season. This is because he was found guilty of failing to pay VAT on an imported vehicle. He claims the case is not finished yet.

Last year he was suspended by the Football League for tax evasion, but the decision was overturned after an appeal.

"Why now? Ask the Football League why now, after last year they accepted my appeal for disqualification. I thought it was the end of this kind of thing,” he said.

"I respect the legal rules and to be correct, and I don't want to let the club be hurt anymore. My lawyers are going to appeal and if I didn't trust in the law and the rules, I wouldn't appeal. I do it because I think I am right in the end and I am looking for justice.”

Be grateful for what we have

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Managers, Owners and Watermelons on 13:00 - Oct 22 with 1759 viewsEastR

Average life span of a water melon after being picked and refrigerated : 2-3 weeks.

Average lifespan of Leeds managers in the past 18 months : 14 weeks

the managers are doing well

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Managers, Owners and Watermelons on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 1738 viewsMytch_QPR

Managers, Owners and Watermelons on 13:00 - Oct 22 by EastR

Average life span of a water melon after being picked and refrigerated : 2-3 weeks.

Average lifespan of Leeds managers in the past 18 months : 14 weeks

the managers are doing well

Took this quick shot of our man Chris on the way home after the Sheff Weds game...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024