Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Family Day 19:13 - Aug 2 with 1457 viewsdaveB

Went along with my son this morning, was very wet but a decent morning.

They did 90 minutes training which involved a few attacking moves using different movement around the box, then the players were split into two groups one had to keep the ball the other had to press and win it back then as soon as you win it back you switch and have to keep it. Was played at a very good pace, some players better than others at it. They then had a small sided game but missed most of that as we had to leave SA Road to get down to the paddocks so we could meet the players. I think Washington and the Polish fella were the only two not involved.

Hard to tell from a training session but Caulker, Gladwin and Bidwell all looked decent. Hasselbaink spent a lot of time encouraging the players and giving them little tips. The young winger from the under 21's whose name escapes me looked decent and put in some beautiful crosses.

All of the players stopped for autographs and photos, Tony Fernandes also did the same in the pouring rain. Polter and Chery were the most popular by the look of it but all the players were very good with the kids and took their time to ensure they saw everyone which was good to see.

As ever a good event by the club, free to get in as well and they made a fortune in the club shop
Family Day on 19:30 - Aug 2 with 1413 viewsTW_R

I'm assuming you followed the normal Saturday ritual of some of our fans, by booing the players after 10 minutes, going for a piss on 15 mins, telling Chery to f*ck off after 20 mins then going for our half-time pint on 30 mins? :-)
Family Day on 19:53 - Aug 2 with 1348 viewsStanisgod

Family Day on 19:30 - Aug 2 by TW_R

I'm assuming you followed the normal Saturday ritual of some of our fans, by booing the players after 10 minutes, going for a piss on 15 mins, telling Chery to f*ck off after 20 mins then going for our half-time pint on 30 mins? :-)

Don't forget getting back to your seat 5 minutes late so everyone has to get up and going for another piss on 70 minutes !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Family Day on 21:11 - Aug 2 with 1173 viewsdaveB

One thing I forgot to mention was the training kit is the same as last years with the old badge on but they have stuck a dryworld sticker over the Nike logo
Family Day on 02:54 - Aug 3 with 884 viewsSonofNorfolt

Karl Henry takes three pen strokes for each autograph letter when everyone else takes one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024