Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The McCarthy Less 17:06 - Nov 25 with 670 viewsBoston

...was in Tallaght, Ireland last night watching someone called Horgan playing for Dundalk. My itk was sitting a couple of seats away and overhead some of the natter, Mick was not struck on the bloke.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The McCarthy Less on 20:01 - Nov 25 with 542 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That'd be Daryl Horgan, the most eye-catching player in Ireland these last couple of years. He's 24 and played his entire career in Ireland. Started off in his native Co. Galway before spells with Sligo, Cork and now Dundalk.

I'm not sure about him myself. He was in the recent Ireland squad and I know they're hoping he'll grow into a consistent flair player like Hoolahan but that's a lot to ask.

Pros: Hard worker, can play on either wing or cut in off either wing, medium-to-good pace, good dribbler, eye for the spectacular, average finisher, consistent, excellent professional.

Cons: passing and vision are nowhere near good enough just yet, seems to lack stamina and aggression, weak, short and poor in the air. He's already 24, would have to improve massively after being bought to represent a good prospect for sell-on profit.

I think he's come on this year as a player but I'm still not convinced that he'll kick on more. Wouldn't cost much, mind you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024