Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hayes & Yeading game. 15:35 - Jun 27 with 4713 viewsEsox_Lucius

I just looked on their forum and there is a huge stink aver two fans who have pumped a lot of time and money into the club, along with trying to keep the fans informed over what was happening during the (many) years it took to get the Skyex stadium built and other work to try to retain the dwindling fan base. There will be some form of protest at the game, although decided upon yet. If it is applicable, perhaps the QPR fans can help out with any vocals required and it was the club(s) that provided us with Andy Impey & Les Ferdinand so there is a bit of a connection (along with Charlie Oatway)
http://www.hayesandyeadingunited.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4491

The grass is always greener.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 15:53 - Jun 27 with 4654 viewssmegma

I went to H & Y 3 times last season and I thought their biggest problem was the lack of care from Hillingdon Borough Council. They have the best ground at that level but the bar wasn't open once due to the council not granting a drinks licence.
Hayes & Yeading game. on 16:07 - Jun 27 with 4619 viewspeejaybee

Hayes & Yeading game. on 15:53 - Jun 27 by smegma

I went to H & Y 3 times last season and I thought their biggest problem was the lack of care from Hillingdon Borough Council. They have the best ground at that level but the bar wasn't open once due to the council not granting a drinks licence.

Why was the licence not granted.There must be a reason.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 16:33 - Jun 27 with 4583 viewsEsox_Lucius

It had it's licence granted towards the end of last season. AFAIK there are no more issues with the stadium other than snagging and improvement work. Other than the stand, it is an open standing terrace around the rest of the ground. There is limited car parking at the ground but there should be some parking along Springfield Road or on the other side of the Uxbridge Road down Brookside Road and the surrounding streets.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 17:23 - Jun 27 with 4508 viewssmegma

Hayes & Yeading game. on 16:07 - Jun 27 by peejaybee

Why was the licence not granted.There must be a reason.

Because the council employs arseholes. First game of the season, a preseason friendly against Hemel Hempstead, the ground was deemed 'unsafe' so the game was played on the plastic pitch next door. I went into the ground and had a look around and couldn't find anything 'unsafe'. One of the directors told me he had bought a load of alcohol to sell to punters on a boiling hot day but the council refused permission to sell it so it was a missed opportunity to put some money into the club.
Then with the 'official opening' of the ground vs Aylesbury , again no alcohol was allowed to be sold. Also, the council put a restriction on the main stand with a maximum of 500 fans allowed. So you had the farcical picture of plastic tape being used to close off the two blocks nearest to the corner flags as they were deemed 'out of bounds'. I couldn't see anything hazardous to fans in those blocks.
Apparently the council had deemed it unsafe as there was insufficient lighting in the stand for those sat in the back rows?? The game kicked off at 3pm on Saturday 12th August in brilliant sunshine, in fact it was a bit of a heatwave. It was still bright and sunny when I left at 5pm.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 17:25]
Hayes & Yeading game. on 21:55 - Jun 27 with 4256 viewstoboboly

Non league football is a joke of window lickers, the people that actually go and love football are the real heroes.

This year we have new stadiums for dorking wanderers and the mighty kingstonian as well as the madness of a rearranged non league football pyramid that has seen half the teams appealing.

Oh and shaw lane have disbanded.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 22:02]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 4248 viewsthame_hoops

Hayes & Yeading game. on 15:53 - Jun 27 by smegma

Is it really essential to drink alcohol at a non league game?

I get drinking it @ HQ to numb the performance but really??
Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:03 - Jun 27 with 4231 viewstoboboly

Hayes & Yeading game. on 21:59 - Jun 27 by thame_hoops

It’s like drinking at a ravens game

Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:17 - Jun 27 with 4205 viewsthame_hoops

Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:03 - Jun 27 by toboboly

It’s like drinking at a ravens game

$10 a bud light + Tip ...
Login to get fewer ads

Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:19 - Jun 27 with 4198 viewstoboboly

Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:17 - Jun 27 by thame_hoops

$10 a bud light + Tip ...

Went to the Yankees and Mets last week, add 3/4 dollars to that!

Hayes & Yeading game. on 00:09 - Jun 28 with 4103 viewssmegma

Hayes & Yeading game. on 21:59 - Jun 27 by thame_hoops

To raise money for the clubs, yes.
Hayes & Yeading game. on 03:06 - Jun 28 with 4054 viewsBoston

Hayes & Yeading game. on 22:19 - Jun 27 by toboboly

Went to the Yankees and Mets last week, add 3/4 dollars to that!

Y’ep, $10.50 the cheapest beer at Fenway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 07:51 - Jun 28 with 3955 viewsthame_hoops

Hayes & Yeading game. on 03:06 - Jun 28 by Boston

Y’ep, $10.50 the cheapest beer at Fenway.

Going to the bahstaaan cathedral in sept for the orioles series, can you recommend any bars close by?
Hayes & Yeading game. on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 3869 viewstoboboly

Hayes & Yeading game. on 07:51 - Jun 28 by thame_hoops

Going to the bahstaaan cathedral in sept for the orioles series, can you recommend any bars close by?

Hooters when I went was down by the harbour, epic wings.

Hayes & Yeading game. on 18:36 - Jun 28 with 3695 viewsthame_hoops

Hayes & Yeading game. on 11:31 - Jun 28 by toboboly

Hooters when I went was down by the harbour, epic wings.

A bit bored of hooters and the food, always make it my stop on the inner harbour in Baltimore, my Mrs doesn’t like it as they have very little gluten free.
Hayes & Yeading game. on 18:35 - Jul 8 with 3411 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hayes & Yeading game. on 20:54 - Jul 8 with 3179 viewsBoston

Hayes & Yeading game. on 07:51 - Jun 28 by thame_hoops

Sorry for delay, didn't revisit this thread until now.....ten minute walk from Kenmore on the Green Line, any service barring E train, turn left out of station then left again onto Brookline Ave, over the bridge, walk straight past the stadium and the Yard House is on your left. Very popular but big bar, decent grub and a huge selection of beer on draft.
Heavy security prior to entering stadium, roads around ground are closed to traffic and you will experience an airport like shuffle, empty pockets into tray type situation, though it moves reasonably quickly. Don't have Mrs Thame bring a big bag, will hold up your passage (and possible they won't allow it in). Small handbags don't seem to be a problem.
After evening games we usually have a few beers in the Baseball Tavern around the corner on Boylston St, it's a bit of a shitehole, but owned and heavily patronized by residents of Milton, the part of the world that has to put up with me. If it's a day game you're going to, we head back into the city, alight at Government Center and a 5/6 min walk to the Green Dragon, if not the, then one of the oldest bars in Boston.
Very large percentage of the crowd use the Green Line to attend fixtures, while Kenmore is the easiest station to get to, it also carries the main body of fans. Trains do run very frequently after games but there are other options, Fenway, on the D branch of the Green Line about 7/8 mins south of the Yard House is handy, as is Yawkey on the 'main commuter rail' from South Station, but I'd have no idea how frequent the service is through there.
Don't forget, we're 'dirty norven b@stards' up 'ere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024