Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebere Eze as religious experience 16:47 - Jul 26 with 2079 viewsbellomatic

This cracking article on Roger Federer makes me think of Eze - https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sports/playmagazine/20federer.html

"Roger Federer is one of those rare, preternatural athletes who appear to be exempt, at least in part, from certain physical laws. Good analogues here include Michael Jordan, who could not only jump inhumanly high but actually hang there a beat or two longer than gravity allows, and Muhammad Ali, who really could “float” across the canvas and land two or three jabs in the clock-time required for one. There are probably a half-dozen other examples since 1960. And Federer is of this type – a type that one could call genius, or mutant, or avatar. He is never hurried or off-balance. The approaching ball hangs, for him, a split-second longer than it ought to. His movements are lithe rather than athletic. Like Ali, Jordan, Maradona, and Gretzky, he seems both less and more substantial than the men he faces."

Like Federer, Eze is never hurried or off-balance. He seems to have more time than the players around him. He is sometimes called lazy but it is more like time slows down around him: he plays the ball in seeming slow motion and still leaves defenders on their bottoms.

(Just to be clear, I'm not claiming that Eze is as extraordinarily talented as Federer... just that there is a similarity in the way they seem to bend certain physical laws.)

Is Eze the Federer of W12?

Ebere Eze as religious experience on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 1897 viewsNewhopphoops

Ed Moses was like that. Mikaela Shiffrin is another.

Exercises like this help

Ebere Eze as religious experience on 00:26 - Jul 27 with 1848 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ebere Eze as religious experience on 22:22 - Jul 26 by Newhopphoops

Exercises like this help

lovely shoes
Ebere Eze as religious experience on 03:36 - Jul 27 with 1795 viewstimcocking

Ebere Eze as religious experience on 22:22 - Jul 26 by Newhopphoops

Exercises like this help

Not particularly, she's an idiot. Nothing funnier than these people who come in the gym nowadays and insist on trying to show off by doing something daft like balancing upside down on one leg while lifting as if they are the world's expert. If that was the best thing to do, we'd have all been doing it for years. And as for posting it on social media (not you, her)...my God. Does anybody want to watch me training? No, didn't think so. How vain and shameless people are nowadays.

Stick to the basics, correct form and correct weight for your aims and you'll be fine. All of that flashy malarkey is completely unnecessary. Just people trying to pretend they are experts when they are in fact absolute plonkers. I'd be mortified to see Eze doing any of that. Usually, it's a personal trainer trying to show you what an expert they are and It's bollocks. Watch her first set...she only goes down half way, poor technique.

I bet she wears her bloody training gear to the coffee shop.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 5:58]
Ebere Eze as religious experience on 07:30 - Jul 27 with 1750 viewsNewhopphoops

Ebere Eze as religious experience on 03:36 - Jul 27 by timcocking

Not particularly, she's an idiot. Nothing funnier than these people who come in the gym nowadays and insist on trying to show off by doing something daft like balancing upside down on one leg while lifting as if they are the world's expert. If that was the best thing to do, we'd have all been doing it for years. And as for posting it on social media (not you, her)...my God. Does anybody want to watch me training? No, didn't think so. How vain and shameless people are nowadays.

Stick to the basics, correct form and correct weight for your aims and you'll be fine. All of that flashy malarkey is completely unnecessary. Just people trying to pretend they are experts when they are in fact absolute plonkers. I'd be mortified to see Eze doing any of that. Usually, it's a personal trainer trying to show you what an expert they are and It's bollocks. Watch her first set...she only goes down half way, poor technique.

I bet she wears her bloody training gear to the coffee shop.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 5:58]

Well she's a 51 seconds 400 metre runner with medals in indoor and outdoor world and European championships so she's not bad for a non - Cocking. However I'm sure she'd appreciate your input, it might help her crack the world record.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024