Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt lights up Christmas - History 15:04 - Dec 23 with 566 viewsNorthernr

Taarabt lights up Christmas - History 23rd Dec 2020 15:04
Emphatic wins and heavy defeats have punctuated QPR's recent games with Swansea at Loftus Road, and when these sides met on Boxing Day in 2010 it was very much one of the former. 0

Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 15:20 - Dec 23 with 538 viewshantssi

Two things stand out watching the highlights of that game (apart from Taarabt), was Derry referring the game (how we miss that!) and that Helgerson had only scored 6 goals by that stage of the season of which 4 were penalties, sound familiar?
Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 15:59 - Dec 23 with 512 viewsrrrspricey

Fcuk me, was this really 10 years ago?

Best Boxing Day ever
Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 20:34 - Dec 23 with 447 viewsNoDiddley

Remember no tube so got a Scally mate to drive me from Essex, I was in lower loft then & can still see the ball coming towards me after Adel scored. The bloke was poetry that day.
Sheep Sheep Sheep shaggers...
Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 23:54 - Dec 23 with 392 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bittersweet watching those highlights. At least I knew at the time that it was a special season and savoured it. Plenty bitched through the season anyway, as they always do.

3 things will stick with me from that game

1. How unfair the Clint red card was. Just acted peacemaker, did nothing wrong at all.

2. I sit in F Block, and I'll never forget the look of absolute crushing acceptance of being thoroughly done that Joe Allen showed after Adel nutmegged him. Somewhere between being distraught, but also utter helplessness. Never seen the like of it on a pitch before or since.

3. The sound of that crowd for that goal. Two sounds - the one as he hits it, is a sort of collective gasp of 'if this goes in we've just witnessed one of the all-time great QPR goals' and a split second later the joy of the ball going in. As rare as hen's teeth, that noise.

God I miss him.

Bare bones.

Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 02:41 - Dec 24 with 361 viewsJigsore

Taarabt lights up Christmas - History on 23:54 - Dec 23 by Antti_Heinola

Bittersweet watching those highlights. At least I knew at the time that it was a special season and savoured it. Plenty bitched through the season anyway, as they always do.

3 things will stick with me from that game

1. How unfair the Clint red card was. Just acted peacemaker, did nothing wrong at all.

2. I sit in F Block, and I'll never forget the look of absolute crushing acceptance of being thoroughly done that Joe Allen showed after Adel nutmegged him. Somewhere between being distraught, but also utter helplessness. Never seen the like of it on a pitch before or since.

3. The sound of that crowd for that goal. Two sounds - the one as he hits it, is a sort of collective gasp of 'if this goes in we've just witnessed one of the all-time great QPR goals' and a split second later the joy of the ball going in. As rare as hen's teeth, that noise.

God I miss him.

he played the full 90 for Benfica earlier today in the portuguese super cup - which was randomly available on the bbc sport website. Porto ran out 2-0 winners and I only saw the first half but it was nice to see that unique Taarabt running style again. Floppy wrists and almost bird like arms, all while turning on a fulcrum much smaller than a man his size should be.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024