Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The notion of sliding doors 22:06 - Apr 9 with 2313 viewsalexferguson60

I keep on thinking back to the FA Cup Game at Peterborough, when we squandered 102 chances, and failed to come away with the win.

We have been pretty much beatable since then, the injury disease has set in with the sort of speed that most school flus would be impressed with, and suddenly we're freefalling towards the warm comfort of 16th place - out of play-off contention but also away from relegation.

I still wonder what would have happened if we'd won that game. Would we have gone on to still be in the play-off battle? Or would we be where we are right now?

Anyway, that's my musing for the day.
The notion of sliding doors on 22:12 - Apr 9 with 2260 viewscolinallcars

I know, so many theories on what's gone wrong. I guess we are unlikely ever to know.
The notion of sliding doors on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 2254 viewsalexferguson60

I have no great theories, but that's certainly where the players seemed to lose the self-belief and the rot set in. Then came everything else.
The notion of sliding doors on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 2223 viewsDannyPaddox

I make no claim to be a footballing soothsayer but I truly believe if we had beaten Peterborough United that day we would have been right royally shafted by Man City in the next round.
The notion of sliding doors on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 1822 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The notion of sliding doors on 22:19 - Apr 9 by DannyPaddox

I make no claim to be a footballing soothsayer but I truly believe if we had beaten Peterborough United that day we would have been right royally shafted by Man City in the next round.

Valid point but it would have been fun at our place and not only a great day out but a financial windfall plus world wide exposure .
Also I could have watched it in HD on ESPN + instead of some dodgy site promising me Russian models afterwards.
Seriously that game destroyed our belief that we could overcome falling behind and pulling it out at the end.
For years we would fall behind and it was done but this team never threw in the towel until we lost that game and its been downhill ever since
Going forward we need to rebuilt that never say die attitude .
Time to quote SG again " if my players do not give me the commitment and drive to succeed then I will get new players "
The notion of sliding doors on 20:51 - Apr 11 with 1605 viewsalexferguson60

Dodgy Russian models, you say?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024