Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history 13:55 - Feb 1 with 226 viewsNorthernr

Might have a little sleep now. More to follow.

With Norwich in W12 to face QPR this Saturday, LFW looks back at a Second Division meeting between the two sides from 1967 as the R’s powered their way through the league structure to reach the top flight for the first time.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1924
Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 14:37 - Feb 1 with 193 viewsTheBlob

Yeah,was at that '67 game.Bit of a nondescript affair,not yer usual passionate crowd as I recall.Mind you a repeat would be fine.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 19:58 - Feb 1 with 161 viewsGloryHunter

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 14:37 - Feb 1 by TheBlob

Yeah,was at that '67 game.Bit of a nondescript affair,not yer usual passionate crowd as I recall.Mind you a repeat would be fine.

I was there too - according to my programme collection. Can't say I remember much about it, though. And I didn't even drink in those days.
Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 07:24 - Feb 2 with 124 viewsisawqpratwcity

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 19:58 - Feb 1 by GloryHunter

I was there too - according to my programme collection. Can't say I remember much about it, though. And I didn't even drink in those days.

+1

And I can't remember a thing about it either. Who wrote your game report, Clive?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 09:04 - Feb 2 with 104 viewsTheBlob

Just remember there some games like that,a bit flat with Rodders missing.
There was that reserve game when he came back from injury - huge crowd turned up,queues around the block since they only had one turnstile open on the SAR manned by some slow witted individual in a long white coat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 12:07 - Feb 2 with 80 viewsGloryHunter

Memories of 1967 rekindled by Norwich visit — history on 09:04 - Feb 2 by TheBlob

Just remember there some games like that,a bit flat with Rodders missing.
There was that reserve game when he came back from injury - huge crowd turned up,queues around the block since they only had one turnstile open on the SAR manned by some slow witted individual in a long white coat.

Fcuk me, I was at that one as well, now you remind me.

I also remember a friendly game against Arbroath, on a Saturday right in the middle of the 68-69 season! We didn't have a match for some reason - probably having been knocked out of the cup - so they arranged a friendly at LR. Big crowd. Imagine that happening these days?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024