Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 15:01 - Feb 1 with 5265 viewsSheffdale

I'll kick off! JK and ML in midfield. Scott on bench but glad he's still here. GD up front and to score the first.
Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 1 with 1832 viewsboromat

Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 1 by SalwaDale

Have to agree with that. I hope we no longer see a left wing containing both Done and Rose.

Unless Rose is LB and Done is on the wing!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread on 18:48 - Feb 1 with 1692 viewsTommoRAFC

Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 1 by boromat

Done's on his best form of the season playing LB, Rose wasn't bad ahead of him either.

If Donnelly would have scored his sitter then today would have been a much different story, as it turned out we didn't take our chances and Dagenham made us pay, with what to be fair, was a classic away performance by them.

Hill needs to get the team firing again, find a replacement for Cavanagh, would have been my priority over a winger/centre midfielder, even if its Rhys there and Rafferty at right back. Would prefer a proper cdm when the loan window reopens though.

Lillis 9
Bennett 5 (Bunney 5)
Eastham 6
O'Connell 8
Done 6
Kennedy 5
Lund 5
Rose 5
Henderson 5
Vincenti 6 (Cummins 5)
Donnelly 4 (Hogan 5)

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match Thread on 18:58 - Feb 1 with 1641 viewsmacro

4! Bloody generous
Match Thread on 18:59 - Feb 1 with 1631 viewsRotherhamDale

9 for Lillis? Did he keep a kick away from their keeper all game?

Possession with progression.

Match Thread on 19:02 - Feb 1 with 1614 viewsDaley_Lama

He made a couple of absolutely fantastic saves at 1-0 down.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 1536 viewsrobbowood

Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 1 by SalwaDale

Just one of those games today. A few players off form and a team who executed their gameplan superbly.

I agree 100%. On another day Dagenham would most likely have lost by two or three but it's all about taking your chances and the first goal was crucial. Their tactics were the 'rope a dope' kind and worked to perfection as we huffed and puffed up front especially in the second half

But at least Dagenham tried to played football on the floor most of the time compared to Wimbledon a few weeks ago in similar wet and windy conditions. They could well have scored another two in the second half, on the break, but for Josh Lillis

In the second half we made a right old mess of having the wind in our favour with Lillis kicking the ball too far numerous times and our through balls being hit far too hard

In midfield, especially, in the second half we had nobody who seemed capable of putting his foot on the ball and making a pass to open up their defence. In the first half we get behind their defence numerous time but not often in the second

However it's not the end of the world and we are are going to have bad days at the office as most of the other teams between now and the end of the season. We are still in a great position to what most of us expected before a ball was kicked and let's think positive !!
Match Thread on 19:20 - Feb 1 with 1534 viewsSalwaDale

Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 1 by boromat

Actually, I don't mean my comment. I would prefer to see Henderson out wide, with Rose at left back. The link up play between the two of them is fantastic. Done has played his best football since he came back at LB though.

And to make a point to Keith. We don't all want you to lump it forward, you do know that don't you? Yes there are plenty of numpties at the game who do but so many of them seem to know so little about football it staggers me and I do often wonder if I am actually watching the same game as me. I might be the only one but I thought we went too long in the second half and I was shouting for us to get the ball down and play our game. It does hurt a little when you generalise.

Having said that, my blood often boils at some of the moronic things I hear at games.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 19:47]

TBBT

Match Thread on 20:28 - Feb 1 with 1380 viewsdownunder

Can't win 'em all. Barcelona also lost at home today
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 22:18 - Feb 1 with 1240 viewsBingoballs

Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 1 by nordenblue

Said months ago we need a big strong target man kind of striker to change things if and when required,tippy tappy flowing football is sometimes not possible due to conditions,opponent,heavy pitches etc.A Lee Thorpe sort of forward would do us just fine this time of year a good old head to mix things up

Two words. Chris O'Grady.
Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 1 with 1232 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread on 19:19 - Feb 1 by robbowood

I agree 100%. On another day Dagenham would most likely have lost by two or three but it's all about taking your chances and the first goal was crucial. Their tactics were the 'rope a dope' kind and worked to perfection as we huffed and puffed up front especially in the second half

But at least Dagenham tried to played football on the floor most of the time compared to Wimbledon a few weeks ago in similar wet and windy conditions. They could well have scored another two in the second half, on the break, but for Josh Lillis

In the second half we made a right old mess of having the wind in our favour with Lillis kicking the ball too far numerous times and our through balls being hit far too hard

In midfield, especially, in the second half we had nobody who seemed capable of putting his foot on the ball and making a pass to open up their defence. In the first half we get behind their defence numerous time but not often in the second

However it's not the end of the world and we are are going to have bad days at the office as most of the other teams between now and the end of the season. We are still in a great position to what most of us expected before a ball was kicked and let's think positive !!

Mention of Wimbledon cues next Saturday's game - like D&R another London side hoping to do the double over Dale and still in with a chance of breaking into the play-offs. They haven't got a bad home record either (2-1 wins in last two home fixtures against Exeter and Hartlepool).

Let's hope KH gets it right. Hogan will have had another week to get over being unsettled by the possibility of a transfer, and as the leading scorer I'd expect him to start. Will Porter be played against the club he was recently on loan at? Maybe Cavanagh will be fit enough to feature.
Match Thread on 23:32 - Feb 1 with 1103 viewslove_the_dale

Match Thread on 19:20 - Feb 1 by SalwaDale

Actually, I don't mean my comment. I would prefer to see Henderson out wide, with Rose at left back. The link up play between the two of them is fantastic. Done has played his best football since he came back at LB though.

And to make a point to Keith. We don't all want you to lump it forward, you do know that don't you? Yes there are plenty of numpties at the game who do but so many of them seem to know so little about football it staggers me and I do often wonder if I am actually watching the same game as me. I might be the only one but I thought we went too long in the second half and I was shouting for us to get the ball down and play our game. It does hurt a little when you generalise.

Having said that, my blood often boils at some of the moronic things I hear at games.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 19:47]

I so agree. Since Keith came back, he has rightly been asking for patience and support from fans, but by concentrating his comments tonight on the minority wazzeks, he is risking alienating the majority of fans who are very much in favour of his tactics and everything else he is about. It seemed to me that there was a great deal of support from all parts of the ground for the team, even when we were one down in the second half and obviously struggling to get our usual game going. I think Keith might have paid tribute to that.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 0:49]
Match Thread on 00:45 - Feb 2 with 1030 viewsTVOS1907

Food for thought .... in the last month, D&R have drawn at Chesterfield, won at Dale and drawn at home to Scunthorpe (coming back from 3-0 down) and Southend.

They also beat Dale and Southend inside four days in October.

They are no mugs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 10:21 - Feb 2 with 855 viewsBeckWMG

My thoughts.

Think yesterday was a prime example of how our great manager KH just has an off day every now and again.

To start at home with just 1 upfront and that player being a striker who's only scored 3 goals al season was baffling to say the least.

To be fair to Donnelly he should have scored a hat-trick by half time. But he didn't.

1. The shocking miss from 2 yards
2. A free header he should have done better with (fine save from keeper though)
3. He was passed the ball unmarked 8 yards out and for some reason decided to let the ball go through his legs?!

We missed Hogan as well. The amount of times we put crosses into the box only for no one to be in there. You just know had Hogan been on the pitch he'd have been on the end of a couple.

So at HT I still thought we'd go out and win the game with a couple of changes. However no changes at HT and BIG credit to Dagenham who had obviously spoken at HT about us having too much ball at the back decided to press us from the off.

This worked and it was downhill from thereon in. He had no choice but to hoof it long.

I believe Vincente was subbed off as he was to blame for their goal. Got caught out, didn't track back with his man who strolled into the box from the left and played it across for their forward to slide in.

We huffed and puffed, had a couple of half chances but it wasn't our day.

For me had KH played his strongest team and formation from the start, they were there for the taking.

Anyway move on.
Like another poster said, as long as we're in the top 7 after 46 games that will do for me.

But please KH, play your strongest side against AFC.

UP THE DALE
Match Thread on 12:51 - Feb 2 with 737 views1907

I think that sometimes we over complicate tactics against poorer opposition which plays exactly into their hands.
Match Thread on 13:23 - Feb 2 with 702 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread on 00:45 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

Food for thought .... in the last month, D&R have drawn at Chesterfield, won at Dale and drawn at home to Scunthorpe (coming back from 3-0 down) and Southend.

They also beat Dale and Southend inside four days in October.

They are no mugs.

True enough, and we have to keep in mind what an inconsistent and mediocre season this is for L2.

One line on this is the fact that the current top two teams have managed 54 and 51 points. In League 1 the top two (also played 29 matches) have 63 and 61 points.

Current L2 leaders Chesterfield look to have got back their early season form, which saw them win 7 of the first 8 games (Dale drew there 2-2 to stop it being 8/8), but after that start they took 4 points from a possible 21.

After their change of manager, Scunny had a good run, but have managed 4 points from the last 12 possible, including 3 in which the team has failed to score.

Up to yesterday, Fleetwood had taken 13 points out of 15, then lost at home to York.

Oxford have done well in their last 4 matches (10/12) but only yesterday managed 'back-to-back' home wins. (Their away record is better - undefeated, though that might not be the case after this Tuesday ...)

Southend earlier in the season had a run which brought 2 points out of a possible 18, and ended 0-0 on Friday after Fleetwood, who went to Roots Hall having got one point from their last four games, missed a penalty.

Burton from 5 matches since the new year have taken 6 points.

Dale, before yesterday, had three creditable results - 3-0 against Hartlepool and Plymouth and 2-2 at Chesterfield - giving 7 points from the last 4 games. There'll be blips and purple patches to come, so yesterday's disappointment should be kept in perspective.
Match Thread on 14:15 - Feb 2 with 649 viewsaleanddale

Goals change games and how we were not at least 2-0 up is hard to take.

Daggers no mugs - looked outclassed first 25 mins and then came back into the game..

When they scored they grew in confidence and we visably wilted and ran out of ideas. The barn storming last 10 minutes i expected just never came.

Bad day at the office not helped with difficult playing conditions.

Even with this 1-0 defeat we are neither more or less likely to be promoted at the end of the season. We have a really difficult trip on Saturday to Wimbledon. The lads can at least put right what obviously went wrong yesterday.

Keep the faith - Hilly will know exactly how to lift the lads during the course of this week. With 18 games to go its likely we will see some more resounding wins and a few more disapointments too.

Hogan not starting was a mystery. I hope Hillly can get him back to his very best sooner rather than later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024