Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I missing something with these signings? 16:06 - Aug 14 with 3085 viewsratmandale

But isn't it totally evident that we are missing some sort of out and out striker rather than ex Barnsley-friend signings in positions that aren't necessary to fill?
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:09 - Aug 14 with 3039 viewselectricblue

It means that Done can play in his preferred attacking role...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:12 - Aug 14 with 3010 viewslurker

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:09 - Aug 14 by electricblue

It means that Done can play in his preferred attacking role...

This. It is glaringly obvious. Don't forget Muldoon to come back too
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:16 - Aug 14 with 2963 viewsratmandale

Done played in that position anyway against Peterborough, signing Dawson, albeit he's a class act on his day, doesn't really give Done any more license to play that role as Hilly obviously had that in mind pre signing Dawson. The Kennedy one has no bearing on Done though, I can't see it as anymore than friend signing a friend as he hasn't had any offers since leaving Barnsley. We have enough cover at the back without needing Kennedy at present and he won't be on pittance let's not disregard that.
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:17 - Aug 14 with 2942 viewsisitme

Maybe the right player is not available yet?

It seems that the signings of Dawson and Kennedy have been the result of them coming 'our way' with their wage demands? Perhaps another week or so without a club may persuade a striker to lower their demands and sign?
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:27 - Aug 14 with 2871 viewsColDale

If we buy a proven top scorer from below us, we pay over the odds, and it's probably too early in the season to snap someone up from up above who is out of favour. The bargains (and it needs to be a bargain) come when teams have a bad start to the season and need to start shifting people out before they can come in.
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:33 - Aug 14 with 2833 viewsrochdale1

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:17 - Aug 14 by isitme

Maybe the right player is not available yet?

It seems that the signings of Dawson and Kennedy have been the result of them coming 'our way' with their wage demands? Perhaps another week or so without a club may persuade a striker to lower their demands and sign?

I know FACT that players like Dawson and Kennedy have had to come down to Keith's wage structure.
Seems the club has a certain earning bracket for players and none of the top players earn more than others, obv apart from youth players come through earning less.

We've got X2 championship players there now that, have took less wages for whatever reasons and play for Dale now! We should be over the moon, not critical before they even step back out on the pitch!

Keith isn't stupid! I think we are waiting for the right loan striker, get that player in, combined with players like Hendo and other players at the club, that's a Championship squad right there!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 16:35]
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:43 - Aug 14 with 2762 viewsTVOS1907

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:33 - Aug 14 by rochdale1

I know FACT that players like Dawson and Kennedy have had to come down to Keith's wage structure.
Seems the club has a certain earning bracket for players and none of the top players earn more than others, obv apart from youth players come through earning less.

We've got X2 championship players there now that, have took less wages for whatever reasons and play for Dale now! We should be over the moon, not critical before they even step back out on the pitch!

Keith isn't stupid! I think we are waiting for the right loan striker, get that player in, combined with players like Hendo and other players at the club, that's a Championship squad right there!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 16:35]

You seem to know a lot.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:44 - Aug 14 with 2750 viewssweetcorn

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:16 - Aug 14 by ratmandale

Done played in that position anyway against Peterborough, signing Dawson, albeit he's a class act on his day, doesn't really give Done any more license to play that role as Hilly obviously had that in mind pre signing Dawson. The Kennedy one has no bearing on Done though, I can't see it as anymore than friend signing a friend as he hasn't had any offers since leaving Barnsley. We have enough cover at the back without needing Kennedy at present and he won't be on pittance let's not disregard that.

Ahhh yes that barnsley friend who is arguably the best left back to ever play for this club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 2715 viewsColDale

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:16 - Aug 14 by ratmandale

maybe when we got the Hogan money in, Hill thought sod signing a striker, I'll get me mates in. He's always put having a laugh above the needs of the team.
Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 2697 viewscon_dale

Am I missing something with these signings? on 16:44 - Aug 14 by sweetcorn

Ahhh yes that barnsley friend who is arguably the best left back to ever play for this club.

My thoughts exactly!
Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:04 - Aug 14 with 2586 views1907

I've been saying all pre season Done and Rose are nowhere near good enough defensively at this level and it appears Keith agrees.

We've conceded CRAP goals in every pre season game and in both games this season.

TK is solid and brings some vastly needed experience to a young back line. Brilliant for Tanser to play alongside and learn from, and also Lancashire to have someone to share responsibility.

Also TK can swing in a mean corner, something we have been terrible at for as long as I can remember, and also loves to hit a free kick and penalty.

I think just like Dawson he adds experience and class and hopefully will sure up our young squad.

A shrewd ace up the sleeve striker now and we're almost there
Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 2568 viewssweetcorn

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:04 - Aug 14 by 1907

I've been saying all pre season Done and Rose are nowhere near good enough defensively at this level and it appears Keith agrees.

We've conceded CRAP goals in every pre season game and in both games this season.

TK is solid and brings some vastly needed experience to a young back line. Brilliant for Tanser to play alongside and learn from, and also Lancashire to have someone to share responsibility.

Also TK can swing in a mean corner, something we have been terrible at for as long as I can remember, and also loves to hit a free kick and penalty.

I think just like Dawson he adds experience and class and hopefully will sure up our young squad.

Agree with 90% of your post, i cant however agree about TK's corners. he often floated them across the box and where easy to defend/allow a keeper to collect due to the time they were in the air.

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:09 - Aug 14 with 2542 views1907

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:06 - Aug 14 by sweetcorn

Agree with 90% of your post, i cant however agree about TK's corners. he often floated them across the box and where easy to defend/allow a keeper to collect due to the time they were in the air.

We scored a lot of goals from corners in promotion season, mainly from Dawson of course but also mainly from TKs delivery.

Henderson and Rose's corners are absolutely dire
Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:23 - Aug 14 with 2459 views442Dale

It'll be interesting how long it takes Dagnall to get back into Orient's team since their signings this summer - hes injured at the moment apparently. They've five strikers there at the moment who will all expect to play.

Just a thought....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:43 - Aug 14 with 2358 viewssweetcorn

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:09 - Aug 14 by 1907

We scored a lot of goals from corners in promotion season, mainly from Dawson of course but also mainly from TKs delivery.

Henderson and Rose's corners are absolutely dire

Anyone could have taken corners and dawson would score, he was far superior to most in the air.

Am I missing something with these signings? on 18:06 - Aug 14 with 2276 viewsBrierls

I think it's fairly obvious...you're missing that we've signed two players who played regularly in the Championship last season.

To clarify further...we are a League One side, recently promoted from League Two. We have strengthened our team, not just our squad.

We will still be in the market for a centre half and a striker. When the right player(s) becomes available, and is within budget, I have no doubt we'll sign them!
Am I missing something with these signings? on 19:13 - Aug 14 with 2129 viewsboromat

Before Dawson signed Hill said he could sign as many as four players but two might be loans when they become available. So we may have to wait for that striker.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Am I missing something with these signings? on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 1697 viewsParkinsGimp

Muldoon is unproven , lets not pin our hopes on a guy who was playing for Worksop Town . I do hope he is a rough diamond but he may equally struggle to make the grade.
I agree with OP.
Both recent signings can be construed as wastes of money, since we have left back options and , with Dawson in , either Hery or Allen will miss out. Both of these lads are real live wires and I enjoy watching them, it will be a shame to miss out on their skill and energy for the sake of a mate picking up a wage and putting a shift in when he wants.
Am I missing something with these signings? on 10:10 - Aug 15 with 1667 viewsTommoRAFC

Am I missing something with these signings? on 17:04 - Aug 14 by 1907

Agree with pretty much everything you said, Rose has been awful, whether he's past it or just not good enough... I don't know, but I do know he's been that bad I considered the left back position as vital for recruitment and it looks like Hill did too.

TK signing improves us at left back/centre back while also easing the pressure on Tanser, who as impressive as he has been, shouldn't be expected to play 49 games just because the seniors aren't up to it.

Not saying I think it's the end of the Rose completely, he still can provide cover at left back or centre defensive mid, I'm definitely happy we're not counting on him til January at least.

Ages yet in the window for more reinforcements, no need to panic and blow 60k on another Jon Shaw!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Am I missing something with these signings? on 10:35 - Aug 15 with 1619 viewszxcvbnm

Am I missing something with these signings? on 10:10 - Aug 15 by TommoRAFC

Agree with pretty much everything you said, Rose has been awful, whether he's past it or just not good enough... I don't know, but I do know he's been that bad I considered the left back position as vital for recruitment and it looks like Hill did too.

TK signing improves us at left back/centre back while also easing the pressure on Tanser, who as impressive as he has been, shouldn't be expected to play 49 games just because the seniors aren't up to it.

Not saying I think it's the end of the Rose completely, he still can provide cover at left back or centre defensive mid, I'm definitely happy we're not counting on him til January at least.

Ages yet in the window for more reinforcements, no need to panic and blow 60k on another Jon Shaw!

What's the betting that Rose starts tomorrow, you forget that Hill loves him

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024