Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Increase in matchday prices 18:31 - Jun 15 with 5020 viewsgibraltar_dale

With the club in a comfortable financial state, what is the main reason behind the 2 pound increase on the gates? Maybe to free up some extra cash for transfer targets wages? Hopefully!
Increase in matchday prices on 22:46 - Jun 15 with 1632 viewsD_Alien

Increase in matchday prices on 22:43 - Jun 15 by DaleiLama

Seems like out of the box thinking is the sole prerogative of the fans and not the club.

I would probably buy a mini season ticket if such a beast were available and attend a few more games. Might even treat wor lass to one too. Sure I'm not the only one either!

Treating wor lass to a beast only happens when we win.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Increase in matchday prices on 22:51 - Jun 15 with 1594 viewsDaleiLama

Increase in matchday prices on 22:46 - Jun 15 by D_Alien

Treating wor lass to a beast only happens when we win.

Chuckle. She was really hoping for a at least a play-off place!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Increase in matchday prices on 22:56 - Jun 15 with 1577 viewsD_Alien

Increase in matchday prices on 22:51 - Jun 15 by DaleiLama

Chuckle. She was really hoping for a at least a play-off place!

Mine's expecting a top two finish next season.

Increase in matchday prices on 23:00 - Jun 15 with 1550 viewsDaleiLama

Increase in matchday prices on 22:56 - Jun 15 by D_Alien

Mine's expecting a top two finish next season.

In the Pearl Street?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Increase in matchday prices on 23:03 - Jun 15 with 1533 viewsD_Alien

Increase in matchday prices on 23:00 - Jun 15 by DaleiLama

In the Pearl Street?

Increase in matchday prices on 07:34 - Jun 16 with 1407 viewsaleanddale

Increase in matchday prices on 20:48 - Jun 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Sad thing is the level of discontent - I dont really care anymore and I feel so sad saying that - I Have been all over, used to love the away day, fun at Torquay on a Tuesday ffs - but all I hear now I really do not believe.

We are focused on buying the ground and we hear sod all - I am starting to feel that we are employing and dealing with ppl who fit. Frances in fairness has done nothing yet - Wheres the push and marketing - or are you Tommy C's secretary?

Please Please let me know I am not alone!!!!

Touch harsh TR.

Frances only been in the job a few weeks...

It must be difficult to market a product that's several weeks off starting!!

I will reserve judgement until the end of season.

I think the club missed a trick here.

Telling us a £2 increase was necessary but they understand difficult times so they would implement £1 this season and £1 next would have bought a fair amount of good will.
Increase in matchday prices on 09:01 - Jun 16 with 1365 viewszxcvbnm

I think a Tuesday season ticket for matches which clash with the champions league. It's those games which suffer most.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Increase in matchday prices on 09:13 - Jun 16 with 1344 views100notout

Increase in matchday prices on 07:34 - Jun 16 by aleanddale

Touch harsh TR.

Frances only been in the job a few weeks...

It must be difficult to market a product that's several weeks off starting!!

I will reserve judgement until the end of season.

I think the club missed a trick here.

Telling us a £2 increase was necessary but they understand difficult times so they would implement £1 this season and £1 next would have bought a fair amount of good will.

Can fully understand and fully support the £2 rise. As someone (Chaff I think) said earlier with the much higher numbers of away fans attending this season it makes commercial sense to get an extra £50k - £60k off them to help with the extra police costs.

What the club needs to do (and if Frances isn't working on this already I'll be really really disappointed) is have special offers for home fans paying on the gate. There have been dozens of great ideas on here already so there's no excuse.

Important that we give the floaters some financial incentive whilst not marginalising the season ticket holders. An early purchase season ticket in the Sandy Lane is £252.50 or £11 a game give or take a few pennies.

So for a season ticket holder, 2 games cost £22, pay on the gate would cost £34. How about when we have 2 successive home games - buy 2 tickets for £25 or £30 and give them a "free" programme. There are hundreds of permutations - I hope we see some of them this season.

Frances over to you .....

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

Increase in matchday prices on 09:39 - Jun 16 with 1308 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm not sure a £2 rise was necessary tbh.

The fact that we should get a shed load of away fans turning up next season means that we could have increased the away prices by £1 and the home prices by a £1 and still felt the benefit.

We get fleeced by a lot of other clubs when we go to away games (especially those who increase the prices when it comes to derbies etc) and I wouldn't have minded sticking it to the away fans and squeezing them for every penny. The fact that a large majority of teams aren't going to be travelling that far to Spotland means that the extra quid isn't gonna really put them off.

It's all well and good saying that the floating/new supporters aren't aware of the current prices and so won't notice the increase but at the end of the day, if the prospect wasn't attractive enough as it was, lumping £2 on the prices is only gonna further dissuade em. Of course, there maybe other reasons as to why we struggle to get these people through the gates but ultimately, everything boils down to affordability or at least value for money.
Increase in matchday prices on 09:43 - Jun 16 with 1300 viewsParkinsGimp

Not got an issue with the increase, but such a shame that Hills transfer budget isnt increased or the wage bill allowed to increase to attract quality players that we need to survive in this league, and not cheap has beens or never beens !
Have our running costs increased? I am not too sure and has the board increased the wage bill? or is it willing to spend any money on new players or are we relying on free transfers/out of contract poor players....
Revenue would increase anyway with all the local rivals , but I cant see home support increasing unless we get some exciting players in and market ourselves correctly.
Increase in matchday prices on 10:01 - Jun 16 with 1277 viewsTVOS1907

Increase in matchday prices on 09:43 - Jun 16 by ParkinsGimp

Not got an issue with the increase, but such a shame that Hills transfer budget isnt increased or the wage bill allowed to increase to attract quality players that we need to survive in this league, and not cheap has beens or never beens !
Have our running costs increased? I am not too sure and has the board increased the wage bill? or is it willing to spend any money on new players or are we relying on free transfers/out of contract poor players....
Revenue would increase anyway with all the local rivals , but I cant see home support increasing unless we get some exciting players in and market ourselves correctly.

How do you know Hill's budgets haven't increased?

League One wages will be a damned sight more than League Two.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Increase in matchday prices on 10:40 - Jun 16 with 1235 viewsParkinsGimp

I not sure, I just suspect the board have gone down that route( certainly judging by the quality of signings so far) but if it proves to be at the end of the season , will you be happy. I certainly dont expect the board to shout out from the roof tops pre season what our budgets are so all agents can squeeze us , but lets see eh! And if they havent increased and we have no money for players would you be happy. We were in League One last season in case you didnt notice. So an increase in wage bill should be expected if we wish to kick on , consolidate and improve. If we stand still most will over take us. I can tell you that much.
Increase in matchday prices on 10:43 - Jun 16 with 1230 viewsTVOS1907

Increase in matchday prices on 10:40 - Jun 16 by ParkinsGimp

I not sure, I just suspect the board have gone down that route( certainly judging by the quality of signings so far) but if it proves to be at the end of the season , will you be happy. I certainly dont expect the board to shout out from the roof tops pre season what our budgets are so all agents can squeeze us , but lets see eh! And if they havent increased and we have no money for players would you be happy. We were in League One last season in case you didnt notice. So an increase in wage bill should be expected if we wish to kick on , consolidate and improve. If we stand still most will over take us. I can tell you that much.

We'll always pay what we can afford.

There's only one person round here who's never happy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Increase in matchday prices on 13:55 - Jun 16 with 1125 viewsdingdangblue

Quality of signings? They haven't even bloody played a game for us yet and you are slagging them off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Increase in matchday prices on 14:27 - Jun 16 with 1092 viewsD_Alien

I'm going to start taking far more notice of your posts in future, PG

Some of that is just so incisive, I'm in awe.

You must be a constant source of wisdom to all those around you, and I'd personally like to thank you for sharing your insightfulness with us.

[Post edited 16 Jun 2015 14:29]

Increase in matchday prices on 14:29 - Jun 16 with 1062 viewstazzydjr

Rochdale probably one of the only clubs what can say finished top 10 in League one on a Top 7 National League budget twice

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Increase in matchday prices on 16:54 - Jun 16 with 947 viewsjokerthief

Increase in matchday prices on 09:01 - Jun 16 by zxcvbnm

I think a Tuesday season ticket for matches which clash with the champions league. It's those games which suffer most.

These are the matches that have to be changed, whatever the consequences...Playing Monday or Thursday, is really the only logical choice. Playing @ home last year against Sheff Utd....while Man City v Barcalona was live on T.V. was ridiculous...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024