Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games 18:19 - Dec 11 with 33808 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/question-to-the-club/

As a result of issues raised by supporters on here recently, questions were sent to the club via the Trust. The answers are in the link.

Please take the time to join the Trust and ask questions too or if you're already a member get them sent in (use the links at the top on their site). This illustrates that they will be answered, and those answers are there for everyone to see and debate.

Simple process that other clubs would do well to follow.

Thanks to those involved.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 18:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:25 - Jan 9 with 3477 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:13 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

Its commonly known as discriminition and is not supposed to be happening in this day and age. I dont have any faith in the Trust sorting it out and to be fair they represent probably only about 15% of the fanbase anyway. Colin Garlick should be explaining why fans in the TDS seem to be the ones who are being targetted, hes on the Trust board anyway which makes it a bit of a farce in the first place. Fans can vote with their feet anyway if they feel they are being treated like idiots.

I suspect CG thinks he's already given an explanation (when asked about it previously) except his explanation fell well short of being satisfactory, which is unusual and disappointing from him.

Subsequent events at the turnstiles have made him look a fool.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:29 - Jan 9 with 3459 views1mark1

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:23 - Jan 9 by sykeboy

Or wait unti you get inside and you are then given fruit to throw onto the pitch!!!

Sorry don't know what you mean, re the fruit.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:31 - Jan 9 with 3456 viewswildie

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:13 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

Its commonly known as discriminition and is not supposed to be happening in this day and age. I dont have any faith in the Trust sorting it out and to be fair they represent probably only about 15% of the fanbase anyway. Colin Garlick should be explaining why fans in the TDS seem to be the ones who are being targetted, hes on the Trust board anyway which makes it a bit of a farce in the first place. Fans can vote with their feet anyway if they feel they are being treated like idiots.

Which is why I won't or ever will join the trust

The whole searching thing is just a farce and unnecessary. What evidence do the club have of needing to do it.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:38 - Jan 9 with 3432 viewsonedalefan

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:29 - Jan 9 by 1mark1

Sorry don't know what you mean, re the fruit.

Some sort of charity? stand as you went in the TDS had some orange balls on their table that they were giving away. Thought they were little plastic balls but may have been actual oranges. Two were thrown on the pitch after their 3rd goal and the referee got a ball boy to pass him one. Might be a problem if he reports it.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:41 - Jan 9 with 3424 views1mark1

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:38 - Jan 9 by onedalefan

Some sort of charity? stand as you went in the TDS had some orange balls on their table that they were giving away. Thought they were little plastic balls but may have been actual oranges. Two were thrown on the pitch after their 3rd goal and the referee got a ball boy to pass him one. Might be a problem if he reports it.

Ok, cheers for that explanation, sorry to Syke Boy.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:52 - Jan 9 with 3375 viewsscooby

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:38 - Jan 9 by onedalefan

they were plastic balls.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:04 - Jan 9 with 3337 viewsTVOS1907

Presumably, after setting of flares and smoke bombs at their home game against Bradford today, bury fans will be subject to searches at Gigg Lane from now on.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 3328 views1mark1

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:04 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

Presumably, after setting of flares and smoke bombs at their home game against Bradford today, bury fans will be subject to searches at Gigg Lane from now on.

Hopefully the FA will crack down on the club. Can they be thrown out of the competition?.😃
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 19:09]

Login to get fewer ads

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 3265 viewsKenBoon

Were they not Stress Balls? Hopefully we won't be fined because one clown through one onto the pitch.

I was searched today. It was a proper examination too. The fella had clearly done his training. I'd just like to THANK the club for making me safer. I'm willing to hand over my finger prints if they want. I cannot throw flares or orange sponge balls if you have those.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:13 - Jan 9 with 3207 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:57 - Jan 9 by _dezzy

Yet again I entered the pearl st end. And yet again I didn't get searched. I must have an innocent look to me.

Me too.......came out of the Radcliffe and saw the High Viz lot searching one guy, legs akimbo, arms aloft just like a flight landing in Sydney International from Taiwan.........just getting my razor sharp refusal speech ready,give the guy the eyes and ushered through.

Ah well........EITHER DO EVERYONE OR NO-ONE!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:20 - Jan 9 with 3180 viewswindowsbug

I was asked to be searched as I entered the Sandy.
The person that asked me was wearing tbe security company's uniform.
From the research I have done on this, if a security firm are employed to do "doorwork" their employees must be SIS accredited and wear the badge on their sleeve. This guy didn't have a badge, I told him so and walked past him without being searched.
Now on the other hand, a steward that is employed by the club does not need the sis accreditation.
Crazy....
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:32 - Jan 9 with 3149 viewsscooby

i walked past the away end, no searching going on, in fact the stewards where stood back from the turnstiles, there was a queue forming, ideal chance to quickly search them all.

Pearl st - one turnstile being throughly frisked, the other an argument as some guy was refusing i think. i walked straight in, no search.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:32 - Jan 9 with 3149 views442Dale

This is what has been sent to the Trust ahead of their board meeting on Monday (if anyone wants to add anything further, they can be contacted at info@daletrust.co.uk):

<<Please could the following be added to the agenda for your upcoming meeting. Also, in the subsequent report of the meeting could details be provided to members/supporters of what was discussed on the evening and what will be followed up with the club?

In December supporters raised concerns about the stewarding at Spotland and the recent changes regarding searching of fans entering the ground. Whilst fans appreciate that the club responded to this, there have been situations since which have led to some supporters showing great displeasure around what they are experiencing (please refer to the thread on the RochdaleAFC.com messageboard 'Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games'). It's particularly concerning if it could affect whether fans are choosing to attend games/buy season tickets.  

As part of the reply received in December, the following was stated:
"Our policy on searching is to try and not be intrusive, we are mindful of our senior and junior supporters and train our stewarding staff to be polite. Some of our stewarding staff are more comfortable conducting searches than others but we do train the staff in searching and our stewarding supervisors are encouraged to ensure a consistent approach to searching."

Could the Trust look into this situation on behalf of the members and supporters they represent to ensure the club release full details on their website about what exactly the policy is that has been decided upon? Could the following also be confirmed in light of the answers received previously:

1) Are all stewards aware of the exact wording of this policy? (please refer to what some fans have experienced in the messageboard thread mentioned above)

2) What has been put in place at the two games since the initial issue was raised to ensure that the stewarding staff not as comfortable in conducting searches are able to do so if required?

3) Why are fans experiencing different levels of searches in different stands?

4) Is the policy, that will hopefully be shared to increase awareness amongst the club's supporters, one which is a directive from the FA/Football League?

5) Are the Trust board concerned about this ongoing issue and what will be put in place to monitor fans' feedback going forward? >>

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 22:59 - Jan 9 with 3027 viewswindowsbug

I wasn't at the game where the flares were set off in the Sandy...
My wife was however.
She told me the flares were brought in by the females accompanying the people celebrating the life of that Dale fan who died some time earlier.
She saw the flares being shown around outside the ground before the turnstile had been opened.
So my question is... why are no females being searched?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 23:01]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 00:00 - Jan 10 with 2974 viewsolympicdale

Im getting really annoyed with these searches, the last two times ive been frisked. They never even look you in the eye. I'm searched enough at work, I thought i were safe at Spotland. Either search everyone, tell us why were being searched, or don't bother, there is no system it seems, just pissing a lot of people off.

Life is a game of fate.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 03:52 - Jan 10 with 2895 viewsVespaDale

C G always answers like a politician. Evading questions & simply ticks boxes. I find him to be an arrogant pompous pr*ck. Had a recent incident with him & his answers were very flimsy as he had no time to prepare for them...

IDIOT of a man you'll get nowhere with him.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:09 - Jan 10 with 2835 viewsnordenblue

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 00:00 - Jan 10 by olympicdale

Im getting really annoyed with these searches, the last two times ive been frisked. They never even look you in the eye. I'm searched enough at work, I thought i were safe at Spotland. Either search everyone, tell us why were being searched, or don't bother, there is no system it seems, just pissing a lot of people off.

I arrived at the Sandy just for kick off and none of us got searched,all 5of us just got let straight in.
Does seem very inconsistent if its a policy that applies to the full ground and not just 1 stand!!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 2754 viewsaleanddale

It is a shambles.

I was asked ( again ) said no and just walked in.

35 years of coming to Spotland with nothing offensive and nothing changed yesterday.

No smoke bomb no weapon no chips!!

Just like 99% plus of every home crowd.

The answer is to monitor the crowd and when we have a transgressor ban them for life not put everybody through the mill for one small incident every 12th home game.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 2707 viewsbig_dave2010

From where I was stood yesterday, I could see the steward for the turnstile on the main stand and they were searching people..
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:30 - Jan 10 with 2687 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:47 - Jan 10 by big_dave2010

From where I was stood yesterday, I could see the steward for the turnstile on the main stand and they were searching people..

As I mentioned earlier, some in the ground confirmed they had been searched at those turnstiles. However we weren't when I went through.

It's the inconsistency that is one of the problems and hopefully some clarity will be received on this in the next week before the Fleetwood game. As aleanddale says, people are refusing to be searched and going in. What is the policy around allowing entry to fans who won't be searched?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 12:33]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:03 - Jan 10 with 2557 viewsolympicdale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:54 - Jan 10 by aleanddale

It is a shambles.

I was asked ( again ) said no and just walked in.

35 years of coming to Spotland with nothing offensive and nothing changed yesterday.

No smoke bomb no weapon no chips!!

Just like 99% plus of every home crowd.

The answer is to monitor the crowd and when we have a transgressor ban them for life not put everybody through the mill for one small incident every 12th home game.

just don't bring a bottle cap in, them bloody things are lethal! never mind flares

Life is a game of fate.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:59 - Jan 10 with 2501 viewsBartRowou

I was searched for the second time in a row upon entrance to the Main Stand. They missed my tea bag (I like it strong) and were pretty apologetic in fairness. It does seem inconsistent though when others bring in lucky pebbles, flares etc.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:05 - Jan 10 with 2462 viewssandylaner1

It looked like everyone was being searched when we got to the sandy ten minutes before kick off

I was allowed to take in my baguette and lucozade including bottletop...

Probably would have gone home if they tried stopping me though having to watch Michael Rose for 40 minutes still meant I purchased from the dale bar at half time anyway
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:12 - Jan 10 with 2450 viewsfitzochris

Again, I was the only member of our party to be searched going into the Pearl Street. I must look dodgy or summat.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 2258 viewsDickydaler

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 03:52 - Jan 10 by VespaDale

C G always answers like a politician. Evading questions & simply ticks boxes. I find him to be an arrogant pompous pr*ck. Had a recent incident with him & his answers were very flimsy as he had no time to prepare for them...

IDIOT of a man you'll get nowhere with him.

I've always found Colin Garlick to be excellent whenever I have approached him with a query. Perhaps it's your attitude and the way you approached him, or maybe he didn't give you the answers YOU were wanting to hear in reply. Reading your post it doesn't surprise me that you came away with negative feelings from your meeting with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024