Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam johnson 15:32 - Mar 3 with 11761 views1949er

The law of the land says he is guilty.the gutter press typically bring down the character of anyone acheiving any success.they describe the girl as a child. I live near a secondary school, on their way home these (girls) have their skirts up their arse loads of make up on ,and too many buttons undone on their blouses.Johnson has done wrong, how many men in the same situation would be tempted?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Adam johnson on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 2430 viewsaleanddale

Adam johnson on 10:08 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

A predator of under age girls? Thought it was just the one? Not condoning what he's done in any way - but from the little I've heard about the case the girl was known to both Johnson and his partner before they got together. She was a Sunderland fan and was often hanging around before and after games and had obviously some sort of crush on him. He being the adult should have taken responsibility of his own adult actions . I very much doubt he was into other 'girls' - nothing else was mentioned in court as far as I know.

Fair enough that DDB.

I have amended to girl.

Googling age of consent though and still perusing a 15 year old knowing it was legally wrong does make him a predator.

And we don't know either way what he is into so better this was stopped at 1 girl ( to many ) rather than have another serial offender.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:17]
Adam johnson on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 2382 viewsDaleiLama

Adam johnson on 10:09 - Mar 4 by SuddenLad

Don't the media just love a witch-hunt. Now their sights have been turned on to Sunderland AFC in an exercise to sell their tawdry newspapers and attract viwers to their TV stations.

Johnson was not officially guilty of any offence until he admitted it in Court or was found guilty by a jury. Any circumstances he explained to his employer prior to Court proceedings would have been done following 'legal advice'. His QC was present when those conversations took place.

If Sunderland had sacked Johnson last year, there would have been an understandable outcry for treating him as guilty before the court hearing. At any momemt until the opening of the court case, Johnson was free to say anything and could have changed his story at any time. Many do.

Sunderland sacked Johnson as soon as he had admitted his guilt in Court and (in my view) that was the right thing to do at the right time. It is not for Sunderland (or any other employer) to act as Judge and Jury before guilt is officially established.

The media will now look for more 'scalps' and claim a moral victory when resignations follow.

Sunderland couldn't win whichever way they dealt with Johson. They should tell the media to F--- Off.

That

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adam johnson on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2377 viewsDaleiLama

Adam johnson on 00:19 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

The evidence given in court suggests he tried to be devious, calculating and manipulative but as you say, trying to be those things when you're naïve and stupid has landed him with one messed up life.

What's he going to say to his child who was being born on the very same day he was grooming the girl, when it's old enough to understand?

Going off media reports tonight, there's now something of a witchhunt against Sunderland FC for continuing to select him prior to the case coming to court and Johnson finally admitting his guilt on at least one charge. I find this type of reaction is typical of the kind of society we seem to be becoming - one where everyone thinks they're offended and starts lashing out and looking for mob justice.

If anyone did genuinely feel offended by the OP I apologise and I'd never seek to underplay the effect that abuse can have on someone. It's just that I do feel people are too ready to be offended if they're not directly involved in the case or something similar. You see it every day on twitter and other social media, and it's insulting to those who really are the victims of abuse.

"What's he going to say to his child who was being born on the very same day he was grooming the girl, when it's old enough to understand?"

No amount of incarceration can punish him more than that. If he has a soul, that will torment it until the day he dies.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adam johnson on 10:45 - Mar 4 with 2357 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 09:59 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

At the risk of having to repeat myself TS, there's nowt wrong with "voting posts down" - it's part and parcel of this messageboard.

I think you're now missing the point, quite frankly. You mention the town being dragged through the mud about child abuse. Why did it happen for so long? Quite simply because no-one was prepared to talk about it. The OP did this very directly, using pretty plain language. Being fed up to the back teeth, or being squeamish about the sensitivities doesn't get us anywhere, except help the perpetrators.

Not missing any point, it wasn't me who brought up the subject of people voting down the post,it was you and i didn't understand why it was worthy of discussion. Those posters obviously didn't like the post. We have different opinions let's just leave it at that.
Adam johnson on 11:05 - Mar 4 with 2321 viewsPorlicks

Sunderland could have suspended him, either with or without pay (depending on his contract). They didn't need to put him on the pitch.

Hell, they could have just not selected him, citing some injury or another.

Instead he was on the pitch whilst supporters were singing about it. Not sure I'd have been too impressed to witness all that at Rochdale.

Who are YOU with?

Adam johnson on 11:54 - Mar 4 with 2266 viewsdingdangblue

Adam johnson on 11:05 - Mar 4 by Porlicks

Sunderland could have suspended him, either with or without pay (depending on his contract). They didn't need to put him on the pitch.

Hell, they could have just not selected him, citing some injury or another.

Instead he was on the pitch whilst supporters were singing about it. Not sure I'd have been too impressed to witness all that at Rochdale.

He said he was innocent though?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 11:58 - Mar 4 with 2260 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 10:45 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Not missing any point, it wasn't me who brought up the subject of people voting down the post,it was you and i didn't understand why it was worthy of discussion. Those posters obviously didn't like the post. We have different opinions let's just leave it at that.

You've very much missed another point. I brought up the issue of abuse being reported, not people voting down the post. Saying "let's leave it at that" just isn't good enough.

You're pretty good at putting views out there, and no problem with that. But please, if you're going to argue a point at least argue the right one.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adam johnson on 12:00 - Mar 4 with 2249 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 11:58 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

You've very much missed another point. I brought up the issue of abuse being reported, not people voting down the post. Saying "let's leave it at that" just isn't good enough.

You're pretty good at putting views out there, and no problem with that. But please, if you're going to argue a point at least argue the right one.

Ok, you win.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam johnson on 12:06 - Mar 4 with 2235 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 12:00 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Ok, you win.

No-one wins, but I'll take that

Adam johnson on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 2214 viewsPorlicks

Adam johnson on 11:54 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

He said he was innocent though?

It's quite normal to be taken off the “front-line” pending the results of an investigation. We wouldn't have expected a teacher (as an extreme example) or any other highly visible employee to be back at work until the invesrigation had been finished and judgment made.

It was a stupid decision to let him play, especially given the seriousness of the alleged offence. It was, and is, career-ending, and Sunderland should have understood the ramifications of being associated with that.

Who are YOU with?

Adam johnson on 12:52 - Mar 4 with 2168 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 12:15 - Mar 4 by Porlicks

It's quite normal to be taken off the “front-line” pending the results of an investigation. We wouldn't have expected a teacher (as an extreme example) or any other highly visible employee to be back at work until the invesrigation had been finished and judgment made.

It was a stupid decision to let him play, especially given the seriousness of the alleged offence. It was, and is, career-ending, and Sunderland should have understood the ramifications of being associated with that.

That's a fair point.

The PFA would've been involved and they're now taking steps to ensure players are "educated" in the dangers they face with besotted fans. I wonder whether there are a lot more incidents of this nature which haven't come into the spotlight? I'd be surprised if there weren't, and there's potential for key players to be subject to fantasy and possibly even scurrilous allegations. The PFA would be aware of this and might well have advised on the consequences for clubs making players unavailable for selection until proven guilty, only for any allegations to be withdrawn at a later date.

It's unfortunate (to say the least) but there's a lot of lessons to be learnt from this case, and if there are, at least some good might come of it.

Adam johnson on 13:18 - Mar 4 with 2130 viewsParkinsGimp

Anybody heard about that grooming gang in Halifax that got collared the other day? 25 of them or something...now isnt that just as much big news? Not plastered all over the BBC etc seems we are not allowed to be outraged about such things that happen on a daily basis and for several years in towns like ours and Rotherham and Halifax and Derby ...many more that havent been brought to our attention.
PS I think Johnson is a horrible clown who thought he could use his star influence to get what he wanted and get away with it.
Adam johnson on 13:21 - Mar 4 with 2128 viewsdingdangblue

Adam johnson on 12:52 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

That's a fair point.

The PFA would've been involved and they're now taking steps to ensure players are "educated" in the dangers they face with besotted fans. I wonder whether there are a lot more incidents of this nature which haven't come into the spotlight? I'd be surprised if there weren't, and there's potential for key players to be subject to fantasy and possibly even scurrilous allegations. The PFA would be aware of this and might well have advised on the consequences for clubs making players unavailable for selection until proven guilty, only for any allegations to be withdrawn at a later date.

It's unfortunate (to say the least) but there's a lot of lessons to be learnt from this case, and if there are, at least some good might come of it.

Yes of course it has happened. Even at Dale end of season do's I've had the pleasure of seeing drunk players with 'young ladies' all over them in the town centre. I guess most just end there - its very hard to fathom the thinking behind Johnson contacting this girl using What's App and sending her hundreds of messages? For him to think she would not tell anyone is staggering.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 13:58 - Mar 4 with 2083 viewsPorlicks

As a final (non) point:

There may come a time when an accusation and investigation lead to the police seeking a prosecution. The idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' is put on hold. It's a grey area where nobody knows the truth (nor do we presume the accuser is lying or the police are incompetent). And it's the point at which you can't just start taking peoples' word and have to wait until due-process has taken it's course.

It was quite possible for Sunderland to privately give him support, whilst publicly acknowledging that it was unsuitable for him to play.

As a related aside, can't remember what the situation was with Bobby Grant when he was under investigation. Did he play after being charged?

Who are YOU with?

Adam johnson on 14:05 - Mar 4 with 2073 viewsaleanddale

Adam johnson on 13:58 - Mar 4 by Porlicks

As a final (non) point:

There may come a time when an accusation and investigation lead to the police seeking a prosecution. The idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' is put on hold. It's a grey area where nobody knows the truth (nor do we presume the accuser is lying or the police are incompetent). And it's the point at which you can't just start taking peoples' word and have to wait until due-process has taken it's course.

It was quite possible for Sunderland to privately give him support, whilst publicly acknowledging that it was unsuitable for him to play.

As a related aside, can't remember what the situation was with Bobby Grant when he was under investigation. Did he play after being charged?

Was bobby grant under police investigation?

I thought it was just an FA charge.

Very different.
Adam johnson on 14:14 - Mar 4 with 2057 viewsR17ALE

Adam johnson on 13:21 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

Yes of course it has happened. Even at Dale end of season do's I've had the pleasure of seeing drunk players with 'young ladies' all over them in the town centre. I guess most just end there - its very hard to fathom the thinking behind Johnson contacting this girl using What's App and sending her hundreds of messages? For him to think she would not tell anyone is staggering.

Ah. That brings back memories ddb!

And yes, I remember one of our 1990's players copping off with a young floosy and they nipped out for a quicky in the Cemetery itself.

When they returned she had B 1934 on her left buttock and D 1987 on her right buttock.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Adam johnson on 14:19 - Mar 4 with 2043 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 14:05 - Mar 4 by aleanddale

Was bobby grant under police investigation?

I thought it was just an FA charge.

Very different.

I think the Police investigation petered out almost as soon as it began. No case to answer.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Adam johnson on 14:31 - Mar 4 with 2032 viewsPorlicks

Adam johnson on 14:19 - Mar 4 by SuddenLad

I think the Police investigation petered out almost as soon as it began. No case to answer.

"Blackpool FC striker Bobby Grant, 22, was found not guilty after a two-day trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Grant was accused of racism by Dagenham and Redbridge defender Gavin Hoyte, when he was playing for Rochdale."

There was a case. It was answered.

Sept 2013.

Who are YOU with?

Adam johnson on 15:37 - Mar 4 with 1992 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 14:14 - Mar 4 by R17ALE

Ah. That brings back memories ddb!

And yes, I remember one of our 1990's players copping off with a young floosy and they nipped out for a quicky in the Cemetery itself.

When they returned she had B 1934 on her left buttock and D 1987 on her right buttock.

Right and left, surely?

Adam johnson on 00:30 - Mar 5 with 1824 viewsolympicdale

In response to the OP. That doesn't mean they're begging for it if they dress like that, that is just how some girls dress now, it is a temptation for guys when they see it, but only an idiot would ever act upon any urges he felt towards them, Johnson is an idiot who should have known better.

Life is a game of fate.

Adam johnson on 13:07 - Mar 6 with 1666 viewsTVOS1907

I marked the OP down because I didn't agree with his last point.

It's interesting how he hasn't been back to comment further.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Adam johnson on 17:28 - Mar 6 with 1583 viewsD_Dale

Adam johnson on 14:31 - Mar 4 by Porlicks

"Blackpool FC striker Bobby Grant, 22, was found not guilty after a two-day trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Grant was accused of racism by Dagenham and Redbridge defender Gavin Hoyte, when he was playing for Rochdale."

There was a case. It was answered.

Sept 2013.

But Grant always denied the charge and "innocent until proven guilty" continued to play. Sunderland maintain that Johnson was expected to deny all the charges and therefore it was right for him to carry on playing.

In Grant's case, the jury seem to have been persuaded by his defence that he used a four-letter swear word not a similar word that would have been regarded as racist:

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Iron-striker-cleared-racial-abuse/story-198
Adam johnson on 12:36 - Mar 7 with 1408 viewsdesmond

I'm getting the word …… Nonce.
Adam johnson on 16:12 - Mar 7 with 1285 viewsAtThePeake

The reason the media have quite rightly gone after Sunderland is because reportedly, Chief Executive Margaret Byrne had known of the WhatsApp messages as far back as May 2015 and had maybe even heard a confession from Johnson.

She's conveniently disappeared on holiday to Portugal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sunderland-dark-times

Tangled up in blue.

Adam johnson on 18:08 - Mar 7 with 1225 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 16:12 - Mar 7 by AtThePeake

The reason the media have quite rightly gone after Sunderland is because reportedly, Chief Executive Margaret Byrne had known of the WhatsApp messages as far back as May 2015 and had maybe even heard a confession from Johnson.

She's conveniently disappeared on holiday to Portugal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sunderland-dark-times

It doesn't matter what she's been told, what she heard or when she heard it, or from whom. Adam Johnson wasn't officially guilty of any offence until he pleaded guilty in court. I'll be amazed if Sunderland didn't take legal advice about the decision to continue employing Johnson in the circumstances and I have no doubt that Johnsons' legal team made the situation clear to them also.

Trying to attack Margaret Byrne is cowardly and unjustified. Anyone is entitled to claim their innocenece until proven otherwise. She was trapped in a legal 'limbo' that was neither of her making, nor from which there was any satisfactory solution prior to the court hearing.

If Sunderland had suspended or sacked Johnson before guilt was officially established or admitted, they would probably have found themselves involved in lengthy litigation proceedings.

Leave the woman alone and turn the venom on Johnson and the legal people who advised him and exploited the situation for his benefit.

That's the real disgrace.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024