Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Eastham 17:43 - Mar 12 with 9205 views1907

Awesome.
Ashley Eastham on 17:55 - Mar 12 with 6217 viewshxdale

Superb
Ashley Eastham on 18:02 - Mar 12 with 6166 views442Dale

We'd have been in with a chance of the play offs if he'd returned to the side sooner.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Eastham on 18:02 - Mar 12 with 6163 viewsD_Alien

Both him and Canavan, proper centre backs and developing the type of partnership and understanding that money just can't buy (see Bury's CBs)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Eastham on 18:10 - Mar 12 with 6102 viewsJimmyRustler

Canavan was exceptional too. Can't understand how Scunny fans were so quick to dismiss him as a waste of space. Mindboggling!
Ashley Eastham on 18:10 - Mar 12 with 6105 viewsolympicdale

I think a lot of it is down to Canavan, superb signing.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Eastham on 18:12 - Mar 12 with 6085 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham on 18:10 - Mar 12 by JimmyRustler

Canavan was exceptional too. Can't understand how Scunny fans were so quick to dismiss him as a waste of space. Mindboggling!

Same thing happened with Oldham fans when we signed COG. I just ignore it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashley Eastham on 18:12 - Mar 12 with 6078 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Eastham on 18:02 - Mar 12 by D_Alien

Both him and Canavan, proper centre backs and developing the type of partnership and understanding that money just can't buy (see Bury's CBs)

It's a simple game, just get your defenders to defend and cut out any fancy stuff. Baffling Centre Halves with science is a recipe for disaster, why would you want to attempt to play football around your own penalty area,it just encourages the opposition to press on.
Ashley Eastham on 18:14 - Mar 12 with 6052 viewshxdale

Ashley Eastham on 18:10 - Mar 12 by olympicdale

I think a lot of it is down to Canavan, superb signing.

Yeah totally agree, great signing.. Seem very settled at the back, which has had a positive impact on lillis, Mcnulty at left back also had a very good game.. Like the look of the back 4 full of confidence..
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Eastham on 18:15 - Mar 12 with 6023 viewsJimmyRustler

Ashley Eastham on 18:12 - Mar 12 by fitzochris

Same thing happened with Oldham fans when we signed COG. I just ignore it.

I think it's different with strikers though. I'll hazard a guess that he did a lot of stuff right COG but because he didn't score many goals, the thick Biffos just dismissed him as garbage.

Canavan is literally just a solid no nonsense defender. It's hard to get that wrong. I reckon the fact that he's maybe not as cultured as some other CB's was the key to his undoing. Having said that though, he pinged a few lovely balls out today!
Ashley Eastham on 18:21 - Mar 12 with 5967 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham on 18:15 - Mar 12 by JimmyRustler

I think it's different with strikers though. I'll hazard a guess that he did a lot of stuff right COG but because he didn't score many goals, the thick Biffos just dismissed him as garbage.

Canavan is literally just a solid no nonsense defender. It's hard to get that wrong. I reckon the fact that he's maybe not as cultured as some other CB's was the key to his undoing. Having said that though, he pinged a few lovely balls out today!

Absolutely. A lot of football fans dismiss a player's ability based on how they perform for a single club. Different managers and coaches ask players to play and train in different ways. At some clubs it works and at others it doesn't.

I've still to see Canavan play, or to see McNulty at left back. I'm looking forward to it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashley Eastham on 18:25 - Mar 12 with 5914 views1907

McNulty really has settled at LB now it's great to see. Yeah he doesn't attack as much as other players might, but let the defenders defend and the attackers attack! A few weeks back we couldn't buy a clean sheet, now we're more solid than we've been in a hell of a long time. Credit to Hill, Canavan has been a superb signing. Bar the Shrewsbury result (and they are in very good form to be fair) we've hit fantastic form at a crucial time of the season.
Ashley Eastham on 19:13 - Mar 12 with 5722 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Eastham on 18:25 - Mar 12 by 1907

McNulty really has settled at LB now it's great to see. Yeah he doesn't attack as much as other players might, but let the defenders defend and the attackers attack! A few weeks back we couldn't buy a clean sheet, now we're more solid than we've been in a hell of a long time. Credit to Hill, Canavan has been a superb signing. Bar the Shrewsbury result (and they are in very good form to be fair) we've hit fantastic form at a crucial time of the season.

I was saying the same thing after the game, he has settled in to his role, good to see. I think Centre backs need to just be solid and no nonsense styled first and foremost, over coaching with sports science, as was said in an earlier post can bamboozle them. I think this has happened to Lancashire, he seems to over think everything he does, and there can't be room for ball playing centre backs at this level of the game.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Eastham on 19:15 - Mar 12 with 5705 viewsColDale

Michael rose was man of the match for me on an afternoon where we had a lot of stand out players
Ashley Eastham on 19:19 - Mar 12 with 5676 viewsDaley_Lama

Ashley Eastham on 19:15 - Mar 12 by ColDale

Michael rose was man of the match for me on an afternoon where we had a lot of stand out players

X2

Poll: DF in or out

Ashley Eastham on 19:20 - Mar 12 with 5658 viewsBartRowou

I've never understood the problem with a good old punt up the pitch. It puts their defence under pressure, gives ours a breather and opens up play for the second ball. I think we're gradually seeing the end of passing it out defence player by player (which I blame Sky TV for).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Ashley Eastham on 19:31 - Mar 12 with 5579 viewsdingdangblue

Ashley Eastham on 18:10 - Mar 12 by JimmyRustler

He played virtually ever game when Scunny got promoted with us from lge2. Very solid today again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ashley Eastham on 19:31 - Mar 12 with 5577 views1949er

Eleven MOMs 100 percent for 90 minutes? Never letting Bury settle

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Ashley Eastham on 19:33 - Mar 12 with 5563 viewsdingdangblue

Ashley Eastham on 19:15 - Mar 12 by ColDale

They were raving about Hendo on Manc radio. Hilly singing his praises - along with Donal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ashley Eastham on 19:38 - Mar 12 with 5487 viewsD_Alien

Ashley Eastham on 19:20 - Mar 12 by BartRowou

I've never understood the problem with a good old punt up the pitch. It puts their defence under pressure, gives ours a breather and opens up play for the second ball. I think we're gradually seeing the end of passing it out defence player by player (which I blame Sky TV for).

Never mind punts up the pitch, Eastham was taking pot shots at bury ducks in the Willbutts by way of personal entertainment!

Ashley Eastham on 19:40 - Mar 12 with 5470 viewsnordenblue

Ashley Eastham on 19:33 - Mar 12 by dingdangblue

They were raving about Hendo on Manc radio. Hilly singing his praises - along with Donal.

Steve Err said Donals first half was the best he'd seen all season from a league 1 player
Ashley Eastham on 20:05 - Mar 12 with 5365 viewsToffeemanc

Ashley Eastham on 19:38 - Mar 12 by D_Alien

Never mind punts up the pitch, Eastham was taking pot shots at bury ducks in the Willbutts by way of personal entertainment!

Eastham seem to be enjoying that, turned around with a smile and a laugh after doing it on at least 2 occasions, was funny to see.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Ashley Eastham on 20:13 - Mar 12 with 5307 viewsD_Alien

Ashley Eastham on 20:05 - Mar 12 by Toffeemanc

Eastham seem to be enjoying that, turned around with a smile and a laugh after doing it on at least 2 occasions, was funny to see.

It was. He even banged it into the roof of the stand and waited to see whose head it ricocheted onto!

Ashley Eastham on 20:14 - Mar 12 with 5306 viewsDaley_Lama

Ashley Eastham on 20:05 - Mar 12 by Toffeemanc

Yep, had me chuckling too as he banged ball after ball into the roof and straight down onto the noggin of one of their fans who were desperate to sit nearer to the TDS to be laughed at.

Poll: DF in or out

Ashley Eastham on 20:20 - Mar 12 with 5249 viewsrochedale

Ashley Eastham on 20:14 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

Yep, had me chuckling too as he banged ball after ball into the roof and straight down onto the noggin of one of their fans who were desperate to sit nearer to the TDS to be laughed at.

Yep, he definitely enjoyed that!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Ashley Eastham on 22:07 - Mar 12 with 5025 viewssweetcorn

Donal was absolutely incredible, was involved in everything, would love him to bring that for 90 minutes

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024