Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy New Year! 08:35 - Aug 6 with 2747 viewsR17ALE

Here we go again. And I've never felt as positive about the Dale as I do right now.

Of course there are a few things I think we could be better at, but as someone who's given 3/4's of their life in support, I gaze on in wonderment at the following:

1. Getting ready to kick off for another season in the 3rd tier. ANOTHER!
2. We own our own ground.
3. We know our Directors and trust them to steady the good ship Dale.
4. Companies the size of Carlsberg UK want to sponsor us.
5. A local company has committed to us for 5 years on the shirts and ground name.
6. We've got a squad light in numbers imho, but which is peppered with local young talent.
7. We've just recruited the CEO of the year (2015?) as our new Chief Exec.
8. We've gone public in our ambition to build on all of the above to try for Championship status.
9. Today's Ob has put the team photo on the front cover.

Never in all my days did I think I would look at the Dale and be so proud of what we've achieved given where we've come from.

Sorry. I've put the mockers on today's result with this post, but there are times when you need to admire the achievements.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Happy New Year! on 08:38 - Aug 6 with 2737 views1907

Wow I got a little emotional reading that! Today is the starting point of our glorious march to The Championship! Dream big, aim high, with no fear!
Happy New Year! on 09:39 - Aug 6 with 2616 viewsTalkingSutty

Great post. Don't worry about today's result, in this league we are capable of winning or losing against any team, there's no dummies. A point would be a decent result today.

Everything you point out is worthy of praise but the only fly in the ointment remains the size of our crowds. It's the only part of the Football Club that hasn't improved and hopefully our new Chief Exec will look at the attendances before and during Hills glory years and put increasing them at the top of his agenda. I think he's the only person at the Club with the expertise to tackle the problem.

Big credit to the Chairman and Directors for all their hard work but I think it's time they held their hands up and accepted the Crowd issue is a battle they are losing, utilise the proven skills of the man they have just appointed and let him address the issue using his expertise.
Happy New Year! on 10:17 - Aug 6 with 2524 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, I am super excited too and very proud of our team. As Russ said, he admired us from a distance and that is one of the reasons he joined us. We have got a lot of respect from others who see that we are a well run club. I agree, the only let down is the size of our crowds, NOT our away following, as we are the best supporters in the country taking the most fans as a percentage of our home gate.

But it is our home gate problem we need to crack. It is a difficult puzzle but one we should be able to overcome in time, and I agree, Russ could play a big role in that.

As far as our prospects this season, I can see us fighting for a playoff place. But if we miss out and still retain our League 1 status then it will still be deamed a success. Keith has kept the same squad of players by and large, just tinkering at the edges and I think that is a good thing. I like to think that those good players will add to their games and produce even better results this season. Can you imagine a better Donaldo, a better Camps, a better Andrew, a better Hendo, a better NML, a better...

WOW !!!!!!

Excited? You bet I am !!!!!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 10:23]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Happy New Year! on 10:53 - Aug 6 with 2454 views442Dale

It's genuinely encouraging to see the changes that are occurring at the club. When you look at how much progress has been made on the marketing side of the club over the last year, it illustrates how much difference it makes when there is a genuine desire within that department to make improvements.

The interview with Frances on the OS is really good, especially with the reference to the future and how work is already beginning with the new chief exec. Mistakes have been made but changes have occurred and it's certainly looking like the issues we all know that exist will have a better chance of being addressed going forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Happy New Year! on 11:35 - Aug 6 with 2386 viewsFrog

Gutted I can't be there today, having to sit in the sun drinking cold beer instead, but will be following on Twitter. How's the weather? Was told it hasn't been too good.
Happy New Year! on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 2360 viewsD_Alien

Great post R17ALE and as someone who's supported Dale for 6/7ths of their life I'd echo every word.

I wonder how much the pressure of criticism on this messageboard has played a part within recent changes at the club? I'm pretty sure no-one would admit it, but I believe it has. Having said that, it's just brilliant to be able to post so positively today and let's hope the new personnel are able to work the same kind of magic with potential fans as Hilly has on the pitch.

btw, great to catch you in t' Donkey t' other day!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 11:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Happy New Year! on 11:53 - Aug 6 with 2320 viewsTVOS1907

Happy New Year! on 11:35 - Aug 6 by Frog

Gutted I can't be there today, having to sit in the sun drinking cold beer instead, but will be following on Twitter. How's the weather? Was told it hasn't been too good.

It's a lovely, fine day, with occasional outbreaks of sunshine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Happy New Year! on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 2199 viewsfrenzied

Todays Times has us down as poss play off candidates ...... whilst has Bury as relegation candidates..Sheef Utd to win league
Login to get fewer ads

Happy New Year! on 20:14 - Aug 6 with 2016 viewsFrog

Happy New Year! on 11:53 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

It's a lovely, fine day, with occasional outbreaks of sunshine.

Cheers TVOS, pity about the result though.
Happy New Year! on 01:24 - Aug 7 with 1821 viewsTVOS1907

Happy New Year! on 20:14 - Aug 6 by Frog

Cheers TVOS, pity about the result though.

Probably my fault.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024