Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The squad 16:56 - Jun 22 with 5972 viewsfitzochris

When you think about our squad, it looks quite healthy already in terms of numbers. I guess the question is about quality.

As it stands, you’d be looking at a possible starting XI of:

Davies
Williams-Inman
Camps-Allen
Keane
Bunney-McGahey-McNulty-Rafferty
Lillis

That leaves:

Henderson
Andrew
Thompson
McDermott
Brown
Rathbone
Cannon
Canavan
Kitching
RNL
Gillam
Morley
Moore

Even BBM and Collis if desperate.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 11:45]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The squad on 11:35 - Jun 24 with 1395 viewsfitzochris

The squad on 11:34 - Jun 24 by SaxonDale

I naively said a month or so ago that I couldn't see their being too much competition for Done. Now, annoyingly, I can't see him going to any other team than Rotherham. It's a shame as I agree with you Fitz, he would be the perfect signing for us.

Rotherham have clout, that's for sure, but take heart from the way we made sure we got Williams.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The squad on 15:30 - Jun 24 with 1290 viewsBrierls

The squad on 11:34 - Jun 24 by SaxonDale

I naively said a month or so ago that I couldn't see their being too much competition for Done. Now, annoyingly, I can't see him going to any other team than Rotherham. It's a shame as I agree with you Fitz, he would be the perfect signing for us.

Players of Done's quality (proven at this level) are always going to be in demand.

When Warne named him as a target I thought it was pretty much nailed on that he'd sign for Rotherham given their budget. The longer it goes without him signing for another club, the more confident I get that we'll see him back in a Dale shirt.

One thing that is encouraging is we are attracting players like Williams and Inman, and retaining the likes of Raff, Davies, Henderson et al. We'll still be amongst the lowest budgets in the league but we're clearly not paying peanuts anymore.

Here's hoping!
The squad on 23:34 - Jun 24 with 1142 viewsChaffRAFC

If we do manage to sign Done then the squad we have assembled before pre-season is as good as I can remember for some time.

As for people wanting us to bring in another defender, well I want one as well but think there's no chance of one coming in now. We've got McGahey, McNulty (don't rate him but Hill does and he's signed a new contract), Canavan, Keane, Brown and even Rafferty who can all play there. For us to be able to bring in another centre back, I suspect Canavan would have to leave and we'd have to abandon playing Keane there and I suspect neither of those things will happen so we'll be stuck with what we have. Can't justify paying 6 centre backs wages I don't think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The squad on 18:48 - Jun 27 with 876 viewsboromat

The squad on 23:34 - Jun 24 by ChaffRAFC

If we do manage to sign Done then the squad we have assembled before pre-season is as good as I can remember for some time.

As for people wanting us to bring in another defender, well I want one as well but think there's no chance of one coming in now. We've got McGahey, McNulty (don't rate him but Hill does and he's signed a new contract), Canavan, Keane, Brown and even Rafferty who can all play there. For us to be able to bring in another centre back, I suspect Canavan would have to leave and we'd have to abandon playing Keane there and I suspect neither of those things will happen so we'll be stuck with what we have. Can't justify paying 6 centre backs wages I don't think.

I can imagine Kitching could do a job on the left side of centre back as well. Be interesting to see how he fits in this season after a proper preseason he had an indifferent start to his Dale career.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024