Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth prospect 15:15 - Oct 9 with 6988 viewsfitzochris

As perplexing as the first team is right now, I had an interesting chat with a neighbour yesterday.

“You support Rochdale, don’t you?” he says.

“Aye,” I reply, thinking I’m about to get grief for us busting his acca or something.

Not the case as it turns out, his cousin is a goalkeeper playing for our youth team. His name is Reagan Maliska. I don’t know too much about him apart from he pulled off a special save to keep us in the FA Youth Cup recently.

Apparently he had countless offers to join other teams in England and Scotland, but the package and prospects offered by Dale trumped the lot — especially the digs on offer and the fact we are putting him through college. He’s been waxing lyrical about the club to all who will listen.

So, while our first team continues to confound, it’s nice to hear our youth team is still getting talked up nicely and attracting players from far and wide.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 15:17]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Youth prospect on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 6964 viewsShun

Love stories like this. Our academy system makes me so proud.

Rkershaw will have fun with that name if he makes it!
Youth prospect on 16:30 - Oct 9 with 6871 viewsscarrow

Hope he does well, wasn't the fa youth cup though, Dale haven't had a game in it this season yet.

Poll: Final position

Youth prospect on 16:52 - Oct 9 with 6842 viewsfitzochris

Youth prospect on 16:30 - Oct 9 by scarrow

Hope he does well, wasn't the fa youth cup though, Dale haven't had a game in it this season yet.

Not sure what cup it was, to be honest, just parroting what my neighbour said. The lad is only 16, so may have been playing in a competition below youth-team level.

Youth prospect on 16:55 - Oct 9 with 6829 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Youth prospect on 15:21 - Oct 9 by Shun

Kate Bush "Babuska" springs straight to mind........come on RK let's have a toooooon.
Youth prospect on 19:18 - Oct 9 with 6665 viewsTVOS1907

Youth prospect on 16:55 - Oct 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Kate Bush "Babuska" springs straight to mind........come on RK let's have a toooooon.

Why?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Youth prospect on 21:55 - Oct 9 with 6561 viewsDaleiLama

Youth prospect on 19:18 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Why?

Tried singing Reagan Maliska to that tune but it doesn't sound quite right?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Youth prospect on 21:57 - Oct 9 with 6541 viewsD_Alien

Youth prospect on 21:55 - Oct 9 by DaleiLama

Tried singing Reagan Maliska to that tune but it doesn't sound quite right?

I hope you did that in private?

Wouldn't want to unduly worry your nearest & dearest...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Youth prospect on 22:03 - Oct 9 with 6536 viewsDaleiLama

Youth prospect on 21:57 - Oct 9 by D_Alien

I hope you did that in private?

Wouldn't want to unduly worry your nearest & dearest...

In the shower, where all bets are off!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Youth prospect on 20:38 - Oct 14 with 6033 viewscalvinw123

The Youth team updates are on a separate Twitter feed and are updated for every match. Reagan doesn't appear to be at Rochdale or if he is, he is in a younger age group. There is a You Tube clip of someone of that name training in the USA but can't find any links to him here. Bit confused by this one.
Youth prospect on 20:42 - Oct 14 with 6012 viewsfitzochris

Youth prospect on 20:38 - Oct 14 by calvinw123

The Youth team updates are on a separate Twitter feed and are updated for every match. Reagan doesn't appear to be at Rochdale or if he is, he is in a younger age group. There is a You Tube clip of someone of that name training in the USA but can't find any links to him here. Bit confused by this one.

I haven't seen anything about him either on that Twitter feed. He's either in a younger age group or I'm being wound up.

Or my neighbour has got the club wrong, but he definitely said Rochdale.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 20:45]

Youth prospect on 21:01 - Oct 14 with 5967 viewsfitzochris

If you look him up on Facebook, there's a video on his timeline showing the save my neighbour told me about. The footage is poor but it looks like the team alleged to be Rochdale is playing in red.

Youth prospect on 21:01 - Oct 14 with 5966 viewsseasidedale

Linkedin mentions him as being at dale, says he is 17 scottish born, doesnt mention usa, images on google have him in a dale shirt but mentions usa
Youth prospect on 22:58 - Oct 14 with 5885 viewsShun

This website suggests that this Glasgow-based coaching initiative has lead to us signing 4 players from the same route.

http://www.nlsl.co.uk/
Youth prospect on 23:21 - Oct 14 with 5851 viewsjoecooke

Good luck to em.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 23:28]

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Youth prospect on 09:26 - Oct 15 with 5707 viewscalvinw123

As well as the main Academy squad, there is also a 'Development' squad, perhaps he is the keeper for them? Good luck to him!
Youth prospect on 10:26 - Oct 15 with 5643 viewsscarrow

Looking at the academy Twitter feed - wade is the keeper for the u18s.

Poll: Final position

Youth prospect on 22:44 - Oct 15 with 5468 viewsfitzochris

Youth prospect on 10:26 - Oct 15 by scarrow

Looking at the academy Twitter feed - wade is the keeper for the u18s.

Yes, as I've said, since I was told about this lad, I've been monitoring the Academy feeds but have seen no mention of him.

Sadly, I'm not blessed with knowing the name of every player on our books outwith the senior squad, so I don't know where he fits in.

My neighbour says he has signed for us and is delighted (not sure why he would lie). There is a video on Raegan's Facebook page that alleges it is him in goal for Dale saving a last-minute free kick. A recruitment website also suggests he has signed for us.

I guess only someone linked to the Academy could confirm absolutely whether or not he is at Dale.

Youth prospect on 08:00 - Oct 16 with 5352 viewsfermin

Youth prospect on 15:21 - Oct 9 by Shun

I thought of this song when I read the name:

Youth prospect on 12:59 - Oct 16 with 5199 views1mark1

Youth prospect on 08:00 - Oct 16 by fermin

I thought of this song when I read the name:

Magnificent piece of music.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Youth prospect on 13:34 - Oct 16 with 5143 viewsjoecooke

Youth prospect on 22:44 - Oct 15 by fitzochris

Yes, as I've said, since I was told about this lad, I've been monitoring the Academy feeds but have seen no mention of him.

Sadly, I'm not blessed with knowing the name of every player on our books outwith the senior squad, so I don't know where he fits in.

My neighbour says he has signed for us and is delighted (not sure why he would lie). There is a video on Raegan's Facebook page that alleges it is him in goal for Dale saving a last-minute free kick. A recruitment website also suggests he has signed for us.

I guess only someone linked to the Academy could confirm absolutely whether or not he is at Dale.

Not sure about the lad you mentioned ,but a couple of the other lads who are linked on the recruitment website are with the Elite development squad that is based up at Hyde United.

Youth prospect on 13:48 - Oct 16 with 5115 viewsShun

Presumably the elite development squad is younger than 16 years old. I can't imagine moving my entire life across the country at that age as the 4 boys from Glasgow have done. Either moving your family because of you, or leaving your family behind and living with people you don't know, all to follow a career in football, and all before you've done your GCSEs. Very dedicated.
Youth prospect on 13:52 - Oct 16 with 5112 viewsRoChDaLe

Youth prospect on 13:48 - Oct 16 by Shun

Presumably the elite development squad is younger than 16 years old. I can't imagine moving my entire life across the country at that age as the 4 boys from Glasgow have done. Either moving your family because of you, or leaving your family behind and living with people you don't know, all to follow a career in football, and all before you've done your GCSEs. Very dedicated.

Potentially huge rewards though.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Youth prospect on 14:07 - Oct 16 with 5094 viewsjoecooke

Youth prospect on 13:48 - Oct 16 by Shun

The elite development squad is u17

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024